Measurements Anyone??

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Measurements Anyone??

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Hey everybody........I have posted my measurements today on the Roll Call forum and several people have been very interested in starting to measure themselves. I think we all love going to Sunday Roll Call and posting our POUNDS lost, but I was thinking we could start a MONTHLY MEASUREMENT ROLL CALL 8) I suggest the first MONDAY of every month, instead of Sunday, so as not to get the two confused. If you are interested in this please reply here. If we get a good amount of folks interested I will be very excited to get us started off.

Be thinking of a trusted person in your life who will measure you and do it for you every month. It is best to have the same person do it and make sure they measure the same areas every time. I have mine done at Curves. If you go to a gym there will be a trainer there to do it. BELIEVE ME when I say they have measured worse than you at some point and will be so excited that you are beginning a weight loss program. If not a gym then a best friend who is supportive of your program.

I can't tell you what it meant to me yesterday when I got the results of my measurements :shock: It is absolutely incredible for my spirit. I hope you will join me. We give a lot of lip service to "don't let the scales rule your life". Well it helps to stay true to that if you can actually SEE The difference in your body SOME WAY!

Let me know what you all think. We would start it on the 1st Monday of June so you would want to measure RIGHT NOW so you can RE-Measure in a month and then keep going from there!

CHEERS everybody!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 8th, 2005, 6:45 pm

..........Christi...... :hmmm: ......how about we all fly into one destination..... :redprowl: ....on a monthly basis...........and have the MAINTENANCE CREW measure us...... :yeah: ......now that would be fun.... :yay: .....although we would have to have Heidi right behind Dean if he was going to measure us...... ;) .......
now on a serious note.....yes I would be interested...... :yes: ....great idea
.......... :hug: ........Luv ya girlfriend
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 8th, 2005, 7:32 pm

I think it is a great idea and I wish I would have measured before I started MF~! My jeans are the only things that are really baggy so I would love to know how much I have lost in that "problem" area. Christi, your loss in the hips was PHENOMENAL! I don't think I have lost one millimeter in my bust. I went bra shopping and I am the same size in the same style I had before and the bra is no looser. The TWINS make me look so matronly. Even when I was skinny, I was in a 32DD. WHEN 8) I get to goal I am considering a reduction/lift since they will probably have some sag they never had before...maybe some day I will be able to jog! :lol:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sister » May 8th, 2005, 8:23 pm

I think it's a great thing to do. I have kept up with measurements since the beginning, once a month since Jan. 7th.
It definitely helped me not get discouraged when I didn't lose what I hoped for some weeks.
Mine is a little more detailed though. I include my neck - gone down 2 inches! and I measure under my arms, around my upper chest - down 5 inches!!! and under the boobs, where the bra goes.

Thanks for thinking to make it a group effort, Christi!
Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 8th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Christi........I think you have a great idea here. We discussed this in the past, about losing inches. It is indeed another great way to track your success.

You will have to come up with a list of areas to measure so that everyone is consistent. You can then have a total inches lost type thing going.

Donna.....You will have one long monthly flight if you want me to do the measuring. From Rhode Island to Los Angeles every month would be one heck of a trip to make. But......think of all the frequent flier miles you would accumulate. Of course you could drive.........but by the time you got here, you would miss the roll call by a week......hehe :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby bk » May 8th, 2005, 9:27 pm

I really only keep track of my waist measurement (don't even write it down - I just know where I started) because I'm an apple! But I was inspired and measured both my waist & hips, and I've dropped 10" off of each of those measurements since I started! :shock: Unfortunately that means I'm still proportioned the same stupid way. I'm really looking forward to when I'm not so danged ROUND!

But nooooooooooobody is slapping a measuring tape around me but ME! :)

Thanks for the idea Christi! You rock!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » May 8th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Great Idea!!
Inches lost are JUST as important as pounds lost and this is a great way to keep track!
I wish I had taken measurements when I started MF, BUT I HONESTLY was
not ready to see those numbers :shock:
Now I will gladly take them and post them :D
PS I had my husband help me measure the last time, it was fun for both of us ;) :D
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby LilMsTexas » May 9th, 2005, 3:14 am

As per Unca's instructions (with a little tweek) we will be measuring with the W.A.T.C.H. system.

W=waist (spelled correctly for Dean)
A=Abdomen (think I spelled that right ;) )
T=Thighs
C=Chest (this is the tweek since no one is much interested in calves)
H=Hips

If you keep up with more you will certainly be welcome to post extra. But this will be our standard. Now get out those tape measures and be ready to post your beginning and lost-to-date inches on the first Monday in June! We'll have a brand new section in the ROLL CALL forum next month. Sunday morning roll call will be for WEIGHT and then INCHES will follow the next day on Monday.

UNLESS Everyone wants to do BOTH on Sunday??Maybe Sunday's are more convenient for alot of people? I only suggested Monday so we wouldn't get the two forums mixed up. But, perhaps Sunday will be more exciting if we have both places to post. We are trying to motivate each other to look beyond the scales.......so perhaps on a week that say I lost only 1lb but I have lost 2 inches that would be a MOST exciting day.

What do you all think? Sunday or Monday for the inches forum??
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2005, 6:49 am

Either day is fine with me. Like Biki, I wish I would have measured before I started MF because I know I have lost some inches, I just wish I knew how many.

Now I have another way to get excited about success. :yes:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » May 9th, 2005, 9:48 am

Either way Christi. I love your take charge attitude! I am going to go ahead and post my calf measurements too since I have chicken legs. (bock bock) My calves are the only part of my body that anyone would call "thin" right now. I am going to flaunt them! ;)
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby mylasthope » May 9th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Christi - I'm on board! :boing: Yippee! This will be fun!

sister - I'm like you . . . I take a lot of measurments too. I measure anything that I think can shrink! ;) I've only lost 1/2 inch around my neck but it's made a huge difference in the way my necklaces fit.

bk - 10" around your hips and waist?? That's fantastic! :yes:
mylasthope
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2005, 3:34 pm

mylasthope wrote: I measure anything that I think can shrink!

Mylasthope, I agree we should measure anything that can shrink. However, the men on this forum .........oops............I can't finish that statement. (edited by me in order to keep order.)

DonicaB :devious:
Last edited by DonicaB on May 9th, 2005, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » May 9th, 2005, 3:39 pm

Careful now everyone....Mr. Snippy's lurking around here.

:rollrolleyes:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » May 12th, 2005, 8:14 pm

Kids, what day are we doing this? I have to find the tape measure...
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby doglover » May 13th, 2005, 4:46 am

Sorry I am so late in chiming in here! I think measurements are an awesome idea! I did not measure to start but had measurements form a year ago to look at. I measured about 3 weeks ago and have not done so since. I am going to resist until we have the first official measuring day! Let us know if it's Sun/Mon. Will it be a separate thread in the roll call forum?
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room