Measurements Anyone??

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Carrie » May 13th, 2005, 5:05 am

Just chiming in here...

I've taken measurements at every approximate 10 pound loss from day 1 and I think it's an invaluable tool. Even though the scale is going down and our clothes are getting too big, it's a little extra 'reality check' to see that you've shaved another inch off of something or other.

Just remember that the bigger you are, the less dramatic the change will be, and conversely with each incremental loss the change will increase exponentially. Ex: At my high weight my first 17 pound weight loss only made a half inch difference in my hips - and I was PO'd about it! LOL But, the last time I measured after another 10 pound loss, it took 2 inches off my hips! At this point I've lost a total of 9 inches off my hips.

I measure everything from ankles to wrists. The other thing I notice is that occasionally a particular area will 'take a break' from shrinking and make up for it the next time around. 2 measurements ago my waist was down 2 1/2 inches, and then last measurement it was exactly the same. So I figure next time around it'll catch up....

For what it's worth, there's my 2 cents.....
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

It's OFFICIAL!

Postby LilMsTexas » May 13th, 2005, 5:53 am

Ok everybody...........it's official.........we'll start MEASUREMENT MONDAY on June 6th!! It will be in the ROLL CALL forum so everyone can find it easily. I had really considered making it Sunday so we could say "I lost 1lb today BUT I know I lost "x" inches!" But I realize if we do that we will start having people mix the information up in both posts.

This way we will have WEIGHT LOSS excitement on SUNDAY and INCHES LOST on MONDAY! We'll keep it separate that way and also have something else to look forward to. :D

Measurements are: W.A.T.C.H.
WAIST (ABDOMEN & ARMS) THIGHS CHEST HIPS

When you post the first time you will want to say the date you measured the first time. It could be that you have a measurement from 3 months ago or from last week.............it doesn't matter.........we have to start somewhere. But I encourage you all to get your measurements as soon as possible. Then from now on we will measure ONCE A MONTH on the FIRST MONDAY of every month.

I am hoping Unca Tim will make some suggestions on how to keep it uniform within the posts so it will be easy to read and for all of us to post :D

So get those measurements LADIES and GENTLEMEN!! I'm very excited about our new step forward. Now we won't just be TALKING about realizing our weight loss is more than the scales........we'll actually KNOW it and CELEBRATE IT!!

Any questions feel free to ask. We have three more weeks to get it all together before we post the first time. Just get those measurements folks!!

Have a great weekend!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 13th, 2005, 7:15 am

Should we add a total inches lost to our Sigs?

ie:
inches/10

:?:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LilMsTexas » May 13th, 2005, 8:03 am

ABSOLUTELY!!! AWESOME IDEA!! WOW...good catch Tim!! 8)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room