Marseilles

1 Thread per registered User.

Marseilles

Postby Marseilles » April 9th, 2007, 5:17 am

Although I am not yet sure how I feel about this journal thread, I figured I might just as well go ahead and start one and see...so, here goes.

I am one week back into medifast and down exactly 5lbs as of this morning, or 4.6lbs by yesterday's roll call (6 days)..so while not exactly stellar first week losses I am not complaining. Downward movement on the scale being positive movement and all that..

I really need to stay focused and just do this, instead of derailing whenever I feel inconvenienced by medifast. Life can happen quite comfortably while being compliant, I just have to allow it to and not make excuses for myself to go off of plan.

I have been round and round long enough, gaining and losing the same weight repeatedly.

Time to focus on making it a success story and taking this weight off once and for all.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » April 9th, 2007, 6:20 am

Welcome to the journal section of the forums! I hope you'll enjoy keeping track of your MF journey here! :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » April 9th, 2007, 7:37 am

I look forward to reading more of your journal, honestly! I make it a general practice to read every post every day just to see how everyone is doing and if I can be of service in any way! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Pashta » April 9th, 2007, 10:17 am

Maybe the journal will be a great tool in your success! I guess it's supposed to be like a "blog"... Supposedly everybody and their brother are doing blogs nowadays haha if you didn't know. ;)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Marseilles

Postby DonicaB » April 9th, 2007, 10:28 am

Marseilles wrote:I really need to stay focused and just do this, instead of derailing whenever I feel inconvenienced by medifast. Life can happen quite comfortably while being compliant, I just have to allow it to and not make excuses for myself to go off of plan.

I have been round and round long enough, gaining and losing the same weight repeatedly.

Time to focus on making it a success story and taking this weight off once and for all.

I love your first post. Especially the parts above. With your wonderful attitude.......I have no doubt you will be successful. If I have learned anything over the past 3 months by reading all of the posts here.....it's how important compliance is.......no more excuses. Either I want this......or I don't.

Welcome to journaling. I look forward to sharing your journey with you.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Re: Marseilles

Postby Tawanda » April 9th, 2007, 3:04 pm

DonicaB wrote:[I love your first post. Especially the parts above. With your wonderful attitude.......I have no doubt you will be successful. If I have learned anything over the past 3 months by reading all of the posts here.....it's how important compliance is.......no more excuses. Either I want this......or I don't.
Welcome to journaling. I look forward to sharing your journey with you.

DonicaB

This is so true Donica....it all boils down to each of us asking ourselves "do you want to lose the weight or not and how much do you want to lose the weight?" Is it only while it is convienent? Is it only while it is easy? Is it only when you are full already so the idea of a food restrictive program sounds easy/fine/good idea?

I think that is why so many don't continue with the program or fight with giving into temptation of going off of program often.........they've not decided to give up what they want right now, for what they want most. Sure a piece of pizza, a chinese dinner, a piece of birthday cake or an ice cream sundae sounds and looks wonderful.......but the problem is that sometimes we don't stop to think "is this truly what I want long term?" "Is this going to help get me where I truly want to be?" "I hated myself the last time I went clothes shopping because I was so heavy that nothing looked good----will eating this keep me at that place of hating myself when I go shopping, or will I be happier if I stick to the program and get where I want to be?" "what is most important to me? Eating this food/meal.........or sticking to program and getting into the best health and shape possible?" .

I'm rock solid on compliance because I've played those head games with myself before. I've decided to go off of a diet because a couple chips won't make a difference, or the pizza smelt so heavenly and I've been so good on my diet that I deserve to have some, or everyone else is eating it and they are all heavy, too, so I should be able to have some........ The games don't work, the diets/programs fail when we don't commit ourselves 100% to them.......it has to be a commitment and we have to believe we really want to be healthy and fit.

End of my rant :oops:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Serendipity » April 9th, 2007, 3:08 pm

Preach it, sista!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby 2getskinny » April 9th, 2007, 3:44 pm

Well I am one who has fallen off the MF wagon many times and I am back again trying it yet again, So far so good. I don't beat myself up because of all the times I have fallen off, I just picked myself back up and try try again. I found that having my journal helps me alot, If I am having a bad day or a hard day I jump to my journal and start typing away and this has kept me from cheating or falling off the MF program again. It's only been a week back on for me but so far so good. ANYTIME I feel the need I jump on the journal and then I read posts until the urges go away. :) You will see how much it helps. Hang in there. You are doing Wonderful.
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 12th, 2007, 4:45 am

Hey Marseilles! Just wondering what kind of day you're having. It's going to be raining most of the morning here and I just hope it stops before I'm off to my physical therapy appointment at 12:30.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

marseilles

Postby Bonnie » April 16th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Hi Marseilles...How are you doing today? I love Monday because it is the beginnning of a new week and new beginnings! If you struggled through the weekend - Monday is the best time to get back on the wagon.

Perhaps you are like me, you eat things that you know are going to add pounds to your body and then you finally get on the scales to see how much damage you have done to your body – HOPING YOU DID NOT GAIN WEIGHT. You could talk to anyone with a “Great figure” about how they maintain their figure and they would tell you that they exercise and eat small amounts of food that do not add weight. They don’t hope for good results – (they expect good results). That is what we can do with the Medifast program (having 5 Medifast meals a day and one lean and green meal). We can expect to be thin. The only way we don’t get the results we want is when we SUPER SIZE our lean and green meal.

Are you expecting to be thin???
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: marseilles

Postby bikipatra » April 16th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Bonnie wrote:You could talk to anyone with a “Great figure” about how they maintain their figure and they would tell you that they exercise and eat small amounts of food that do not add weight. They don’t hope for good results – (they expect good results). Are you expecting to be thin???

This is simply just not true. I weighed 117 almost my whole adult life and did not do that. I could eat three donuts in one staff meeting. My husband is thin and also eats whatever he wants. There are lots of people out there who are just naturally thin, and others who have to work at it.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

marseilles

Postby Bonnie » April 16th, 2007, 12:51 pm

You said there are lots of people who are naturally thin. I have met a lot of those people in my life time. However, years down the road their bodies change and they begin to put on the weight along with the rest of us who struggle to keep our weight off. I have wittnessed this in my own friends as well as at the hospital I work at. Maybe it is because I am in my 50's that I have noticed it. I too was once naturally thin - I was 16 when my body changed and I started to put on weight. Now I need help - thanks to Medifast and exercise - I can manage my weight.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 16th, 2007, 1:00 pm

My husband is 61 and he hasn't experienced this phenomenom yet and neither has anyone in his family who is thin. My mother is the same way. I didn't start to gain weight until I was 30 but a case of beer a day will do that to you. I guess I just have a different experience than you do with this.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to My Journal