Losing on Medifast after dieting?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Losing on Medifast after dieting?

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2006, 3:27 pm

I wanted to find out if other people have had problems losing on this program after already losing weight doing something else. I lost 50lbs on the South Beach diet over the course of a year. I got off track and havn't been able to get back into it 100%. You know the story, if you eat one thing thats bad you feel like you've blown it for the day, then starts that cycle of going into your bad habits. Well I've gained back about 12 lbs. and I can't stand it. I feel as fat as I was before I started, like I never even lost a pound. I need something different and have been researching this for a few days now. Honestly I haven't seen one bad review for this diet. My fear is that I wont lose weight very quickly since Im already down 40lbs., my current weight is about 197 I started at 236. Any feedback would be welcome, I will look at more threads here, hopefully most of my questions will be answered before I start.

Postby loriannk » August 9th, 2006, 3:59 pm

I tried Weight Watchers and South Beach to name a few. I lost at most 20 lbs on those and got off track and gain it all back plus some. The problem for me was those "diets" allowed me to eat normal food but I had to control the portions. It was all wrong for someone who had no self control over food.

Medifast has made losing weight easier. You eat/drink 5 of there meals and they tell you what you can eat for the lean and green meal. How much easier can they make losing weight be? The weight comes off and faster then you may think. Everyone is different but most average between 2 - 5 lbs a week. Good Luck!!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

I agree

Postby pandasmom » August 9th, 2006, 4:41 pm

I have been on this 4 months now and have tried atkins, and other diets before.. I also lost weight on them but NOT as easy as this one. AND I feel so good.....
I was not sure about it when i started i have known people who have done it and lost but i dont have much will power.

For me it because easier really the 2nd month when i could order what food i wanted. The first month i ordered the ready made pack. There were foods in there i didnt like at all.

When i got to order the ones i liked then it was way easy. My hubby is so proud and supportive of me and doing this.. It is wonderful..

So give it a try and you will see.

i also suggest taking away the scale
i get to weigh once a month.. Hubby knows me and knows if i dont go down each week then i will get depressed.. This has worked out super for me.

i also suggest measuring yourself.. I do that once a week and can really see the inches go down........

Hope that helps
also everyone here is so friendly and helpful. Ask any thing and they are there to help you.

good luck let us no how you are doing.

terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 9th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Welcome, Guest!!! Like most people, I've tried every diet known to man throughout the course of my life. I have lost on other plans, but not this much or this easily. I think we've found the Holy Grail of weight loss <grin>.
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » August 9th, 2006, 5:36 pm

I may as well chime in, too. I've also been on a million diets, and was very successful on some. All that dieting left me with a very slow metabolism, and in the past few years I couldn't lose on ANY diet.

On Medifast, I HAVE lost much more slowly than most others. However, my results are much better than I had on other programs. I have seen slow but steady weight loss since the beginning, which has made it much easier to stick to the plan.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Mike » August 9th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Others as you see have had this work. For myself, I had geatric bypass and lost 160 lbs, then gained 45, and have now lost all of that and am still losing with Medifast. This diet is perfect for folks who have had GB surgery. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby alpha femme » August 9th, 2006, 6:28 pm

i lost 100# on the "don't eat cr@p diet" and mf has worked fine for me.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elidh » August 10th, 2006, 8:22 am

I gained 7# on one week with Atkins - since I was allowed to eat all the butter, steak, eggs, cheese, cream etc that I wanted, I took it literally!!! MF keeps me in line!
Elidh

Elidh
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Jan » August 10th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Yup,
If I could,I'd be right after the butter and steak and bacon too. Yummmy but I know my poor arteries most likely wouldn't like it at all. I've tried lots of programs but this has simply been the best. My cholesterol reading was way down. I was happy and so was my Dr. My BP came down too!! The pounds came off, I felt great and it wasn't toooo difficult at all. It's a great program and it works!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.