Losing Friends.......

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2005, 11:32 am

:shock: Uh, oh! Granny may drive you to wanton candy scarfage, eh?

Perhaps the Old Girl has mellowed since you last spent time with her...turn her on to Medifast Plus Joint Health and the importance of drinking water. She could be so busy using the sandbox that she'll not have time to bug you! :runner:

Have her do some of those tasks that are difficult for :dance: busy people to get done - cleaning the baseboards, polishing the silver and washing the little chotzkies , ironing the table cloths and hankies, mending hems or button sewing, She’ll feel useful, get you caught up on the stuff you’ve been putting off and hopeful stay outta your space!

:secret: Remember…there’s always duct tape to seal your lips from random acts of candy scarfage!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Friends

Postby Jan » October 24th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Hi There,
You know there are all sorts of issues where friends are involved. I remember I had (still do) a friend who was a model. :D Everytime we went shopping, out to lunch or whatever I spent a gooooood deal of time trying to figure out just what I would wear. :idea: Then of course I spent even more time trying to get ready-- my hair, my makeup etc. :? But no matter what I picked out or how long I primped when we would walk by store windows and I'd see the reflection of us both I'd think "why in the world did I wear this or I should have done my hair ...." :cry: Everything about my friend just pointed out my faults to me. (real or imagined)

I think this is true with weight issues too. We see things in others and compare others to ourselves. When you are losing weight and your friends are holding steady they notice. But instead of saying how great you are looking they avoid the issue. It is much easier when everyone is a little chunky. This way we don't have to acknowledge the fact that we are a little chunky oruselves. You know -- misery loves company -- it's true. :mrgreen: Your changes are pointing out to your friends that they may be in need of a change too. It is more comfortable to ignore the issue, continue on and concentrate on manicures - pedicures. When you all go out for a day together and you make good choices it points out to them that they are most likely making poor choices. Right now it is easiest for them not to make the comparisons.

You'll be fine and much healthier. Just keep on going. Tell them how great their nails look. :D Just remember what is most likely their true motivation. Anyone can get their nails done, parting with the pounds takes more effort and time.
Good for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2005, 10:52 pm

Anyone can get their nails done, parting with the pounds takes more effort and time

Jan, that is right on! Totally right on!

Not everyone will look as good or feel as good as we do - just think about how much better our arteries are becoming! ;)

BTW, you look good at all times - much better than that skinny model friend of yours, I'm sure! You always have such a smile and a pleasant demeanor...you make everyone feel good about themselves - never a bad day when you are around!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Parting withthe pounds

Postby Jan » October 25th, 2005, 11:35 am

Hi Nancy,
Now everyone knows why you are such a great friend and I treasure your firendship sooooo much. It's You!! Can't be cranky :x around you!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mytime » October 25th, 2005, 10:28 pm

Gwenski - I would be there in a minute to help ... but my mom would stock my cubboards while I was away. YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!! I feek ok about the candy in the house - now if we had to hand out slices of cheese cake that would be a problem. Thank God this is only once per year. That and my son did not even ask for his candy on day 2 last year - so I am thinking it will hit the trash can Wed or so. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Gwenski » October 26th, 2005, 8:36 am

My mantra is not original but hey it worked -- didn't it? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...........I know I can.

Well, the upside of having granny here will be that my house will be very very clean, doggies occupied and my bed made -- that and some practice for having kids and cooking for someone else every night.

What? It isn't all about me -- no fair.

With all of you on my (our) side, it is kinda hard not to get through the storms! Thanks for being here!

:mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby suzyq » October 26th, 2005, 9:59 am

Eli - your friends will come around - or you don't want them as "friends" anymore. Jealousy is an evil thing and should not be allowed to ruin your pursuit of thinness and better health! I have had mixed reactions from such "friends" but my really dear and true friends are cheering me on! You deserve this and you can do it!

Mytime - I agree with Donna! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 26th, 2005, 4:07 pm

oh Suzyq......My sweet medibuddy Suzyq.....where art thou livest in MA?... :?: ....I'm right around the corner.......... :yay: .........I love to see locals... :D ....it seems so many MF'ers are west or mid west.... :hmmm: ....although we do have quite a few precious THIN east coasters........ :yes: ........

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby suzyq » October 26th, 2005, 7:55 pm

Donna - I am in Groton, almost on the NH border. There are a few of us New Englanders here - we should have a "shakefest" sometime!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Postby dlr2424 » October 28th, 2005, 7:58 am

suzyq wrote: we should have a "shakefest" sometime!

Susanne

............."SHAKEFEST".............. :roflmao: ......never heard it referred to like that.....love it!!!!!!

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Previous

Return to The Weight Room