A little help from my MF friends...please

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A little help from my MF friends...please

Postby Elizabeth » February 10th, 2007, 10:59 am

Good news and bad news.......

Good news, which is almost embarrassing because it shows how badly I've been off plan....I'm down 10 lbs already and this is my 3rd day today.

Bad news, well not really, but I am struggling today. I've been up since 5:00 am. I've had 4 MF meals and my L & G already. I have felt very hungry today and its only 1 pm. I decided to eat my L & G which was (2) eggs and some sauteed zuchinni.

Please tell me how you would get through this day. I will have to be up at least until 9 or 10 pm tonight and only one meal left to eat.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby TonyR » February 10th, 2007, 11:19 am

space them out for 3 hours and add 1 more supplement for the day...go out for a little walk or do something around the house...that is the problem, you aren't keeping busy! Hang in there and you can do it! ;)
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Elizabeth » February 10th, 2007, 11:56 am

Thanks Tony. I'm pretty full now. Its been a busy morning with kids basketball games back to back. Now I am home and pretty tired with a headache (carb withdrawal) I used two of my MF meal (shakes) to add to my coffee. I also had a bar and some oatmeal for the other two meals. I think I will make the other (2) soup and will space them out for 3 hours. Thanks alot. It helps to post it here.
Elizabeth

Re: A little help from my MF friends...please

Postby MerryMary » February 10th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Good news and bad news.......

Bad news, well not really, but I am struggling today. I've been up since 5:00 am. I've had 4 MF meals and my L & G already. I have felt very hungry today and its only 1 pm.

Great job on the weight loss, Elizabeth! I agree with Tony about spacing out your meals--2 1/2 to 3 hours apart. Based on what you said you have had 5 meals in 8 hours (less than 2 hours apart)! Also, are you drinking enough water in between your meals? That helps to keep the appetite in check and give you a full feeling. Remember too that you are allowed a snack ... If you are exceptionally hungry you can also switch to MF70 or add another supplement for the day.

Hang in there ... it DOES get easier!

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » February 10th, 2007, 12:05 pm

Hi Elizabeth!

I was going to make the same suggestion Tony made. Much better to use an extra supplement than stray off plan. You can do it!!!! We are here for you!!

Do you like puzzles? I was always a crossword puzzle fiend. But since MF I do so many more puzzles, sudoku, etc.; I even play games on my phone on the long ride home to keep me from food-fixating when I have read enough and am bored. I also took up knitting to stay occupied in the evening hours after my walk. LOL Then I have a final product (I can only make scarvesLOL) I can be proud of. Right now I am looking for someone to give me private sewing lessons. Yes, I have issues. But hopefully soon I will have a kid to keep me TRULY busy. :lol: :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 10th, 2007, 12:43 pm

I've been up since 5am too. I have had my Medimeals on time and have taken a nap after a 1.8 mile walk. I have had 4 medimeals so far and will have my L&G at 5:20. When I just woke up from my nap a few minutes ago, I wanted to eat my L&G THEN...THe reason why is because you can't drink water when you sleep. I quickly finished the soda I started drinking earlier, had a glass of water and made a shake not an L&G, which I had wanted when I first woke up. I don't know how much water you have had today but I have had 64 oz of pure water, 2 cups of coffee and one huge decaf tea. I believe these have made a huge difference in keeping my hunger in check and making me feel full. I hope my experience has helped you in some way.
Last edited by bikipatra on February 10th, 2007, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Elizabeth » February 10th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Hi Nat and Mary. I am doing a little better now. Just waiting for this headache to go away. Its a bad one. These three days should be a huge motivation to stay on plan because it is not fun!!! Nat, I do play sudoku and should get my crocheting out. Its been a while. Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to have my soups at 5 pm and then another one at 7:30 or 8 pm.

Mary, I did not have water while at basketball. Just my coffee mixed with a shake. I know you are right there. Seems the water is what saves me sometimes between meals and I had none and probably too much coffee.

I can do this today :) Thanks.
Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » February 10th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Biki, I didn't see your post.
Wow, that's alot of liquid so far. Is this typical for you? I have had a diet soda and 32 oz of water and about 4 cups of coffee. I am behind! ;)
thanks for your input...it helps!!
Elizabeth

Postby bikipatra » February 10th, 2007, 1:09 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Biki, I didn't see your post.
Wow, that's alot of liquid so far. Is this typical for you? I have had a diet soda and 32 oz of water and about 4 cups of coffee. I am behind! ;)
thanks for your input...it helps!!

I drink about 120 oz of pure water a day and maybe 2 glasses of Crystal Light. I do most of my water drinking early because if I do it too late I am up even more often during the night to tinkle.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Seaside » February 10th, 2007, 1:21 pm

Hi, Elizabeth! I know how it is on those days when the hungries have you! One thing that helps me is to make sure that I am drinking enough water (or Crystal Lite, etc) and I find that a nice salty pickle or a few olives with the water makes me feel more full. Sometimes that hungry feeling is actually thirst.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Joelie » February 10th, 2007, 8:23 pm

ditto what everyone has said.

what also helps me (and I learned it from someone here ;) ) is to brush my teeth. or have a piece of sugarless gum.

BTW...you are doing FANTASTICALLY!
Don't dwell on the fact that you went off plan. You are back on and thats what matters. YOU ROCK! :thumbig:
Joelie

Return to The Weight Room