A little paranoid

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A little paranoid

Postby Saa DMB 87 » July 27th, 2004, 5:04 pm

Hey all,
I spent this past month on medifast very unsuccessfully mainly because I could not make it to the three day mark.
I made yesterday my OFFICIAL start over date.

I joined this site for help and my boyfriend offered to be there with me every step of the way. Now that I feel so wonderfully encouraged about this diet I have a few questions.

I am doing the full plan but am wondering if some of the things I am doing will hinder my weight loss.

I drink 5-6 shakes a day depending on wether or not I have volleyball and I also have two pickles and three stalks of celery.

All of that is fine but I am wondering about the kool-aid slushies I have become oh-so addicted to. I throw a packet of sugar-free (no calorie) kool-aid in the blender with a lot of ice and water and also a lot of splenda. It usually ends up to about five cups and I usually have atleast three a day.
Anyway I am wondering can that much splenda really mess with my weight loss? And will it eat holes in my brain?

:?: :?: :?:

I guess I just need a little reassurance.

thanks so much.
Start - 175
Goal - 135

My birthday is October 29th
I will make my goal weight by Halloween
no more excuses.
time to work hard.
Saa DMB 87

Postby NikkiNix » July 28th, 2004, 1:16 am

Hi Saa 87 and welcome :D

I love the Splenda question cause I was just talking about that the other day. I believe that nutrisweet and equel have something it them to make your brain thinks it's hungry even if it's not and i hear splenda doesn't have that same chemicle to make your brain hungry and that's why it's more expensive at the grocery store. Now I don't have hard facts or nothing it's just hearsay. I actually was going to get gastric bypass 2 year ago and then I ended up getting pregnant and not getting the surgery and then after I had my baby I wanted to look for one more chance at losen weight before taking the big plunge if you will. I luckily found this forum and it changed my life for the better. Any way the point of all that is is that i went to the gastric bypass support meetings and they have to be on liquid diets in the beginning so they knew all the little tricks into not getting hungry such as buy splenda instead of sweetandlow and get great tasting shakes, write a journel, and keep busy when you get hungry. I don't know if splenda will make your brain fall out but now days breathing the air will give ya lung cancer ;)

By the way I love that you are your avitar it makes it nice to see who we are talking to. I chickend out and had unca remove my face as my avitar. I did'nt want to scare small children L.O.L

Here's to losen weight :cheers:
NikkiNix
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Saa DMB 87 » July 28th, 2004, 9:41 am

NikkiNix,
Thanks so much for the kind words!
And that comment about the air is so true. :lol:
Well I am going to keep going with my kool-aid slushies because they are a HUGE help. Unless anyone has a great argument against them. I was just a little scared cause it felt like I was putting too many things in my mouth a day that tasted good. ;) With the shakes and with the kool-aid the splenda makes it taste like I am drinking sugar...and then i automatically feel guilty.
But it doesn't seem to be hurting anything...2 days and 4.4 lbs.
I just wish I would have stuck to my diet a month ago cause I would already be halfway by now!!
I guess that's just a little more incentive to DO IT RIGHT this time, eh?
Start - 175
Goal - 135

My birthday is October 29th
I will make my goal weight by Halloween
no more excuses.
time to work hard.
Saa DMB 87

Return to Weight Loss