Let's discuss a HUGE vacation get-together!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Let's discuss a HUGE vacation get-together!

Postby LongWay2go » August 11th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Several of us were talking in another thread about organizing a get-together for all of us. Maybe Disney World, Universal, a Six-Flags somewhere, whatever! Maybe even a cruise!

So let's everyone "weigh" in on this idea!

Would you be interested in a get-together vacation?
When do you think would be a good time for it?
Where do you think we should go?

My vote is:
YES, let's do it! :yes:
I think sometime in the Spring, like Memorial Day week. :shades:
I definitely vote for the CRUISE! :yes:
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » August 11th, 2004, 7:29 pm

Oh yeah...A cruise would be very fun, Gerald! :yippee:

Never been on one.

I have a feeling LW would love it! :boing:

Do they serve Medimeals at the buffet table? :shock:

Hey, Terry just came up with a great idea - it can be a CELEBRATION Cruise! :cheers:

Isn't Memorial Day rather busy or crowded at many sites? :shock:

But then again, thanks to Medifast, we'll all be a lot Medislimmer and take up less space! :yeah:

Gerald, now you have one more reason to slurp 'n burp! :toast:

Shakes = Medisuccess!!! :wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LongWay2go » August 12th, 2004, 4:53 am

A celebration cruise, YES! That's a great idea, but you are probably right about it being crowded on MD. I'll ask my friend the travel agent when would be the best time to go.

Everyone, start saving your pennies!

- Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby RavenKat » August 12th, 2004, 6:54 am

I think it is a great idea to get together! Unfortunately I have $80 in my bank account until next Friday. If you make it a cruise, maybe arrange another one for us poor people? :? But then again, maybe 10 months is enough time to save. :scratchhead:

Of course, I blew the opportunity to meet Terry and Nancy when they came to Baltimore. :oops: I put off thinking about it until it was too late! Nancy - glad you liked old Ellicott City! You pased the street for my house on the way down there. Hopefully you felt a good vibe when you passed by.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LongWay2go » August 12th, 2004, 8:02 am

I know a travel agent who specializes in cruises, so I may be able to get us a good deal once we decide the when and where part of it. Now I'm gone until tomorrow for an overnighter, but I'll be back tomorrow to chat with you good folks again! Maybe we should think about a late summer cruise instead? Or whatever - we're not stuck on cruise yet are we? Not that I'd mind! :D

- Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 12th, 2004, 3:32 pm

For me (and maybe others) it'd have to be family and kid friendly...I can't travel without my rugrats--LOL I had one breath of freedom a few months ago when I attended a writer's conference in Ohio A-L-O-N-E but I don't expect my hubby to let THAT get to be a habit! LOL
Otherwise, I 'm onboard! I love to travel! Let's go!:drive:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » August 12th, 2004, 11:12 pm

RavenKat ~

Yeah, I really wanted to meet YOU!!! Maybe I'll get to return to Baltimore sometime.

Folks, I really mean it - when we are on the road, I'll try to let you know and then arrange for an in-the-skin meeting. We may not have a lot of time - and may be between flights - you may have to meet us at the air port or at Starbuck's! We try to get together when possible.

Terry and I are going to go to Bend, OR at the end of August to meet a client. He wants to have a Healthy Tasting when we are there - he'll invite some friends over and we will bring a few flavors of Medifast shakes and his friends can have a slurp and try some of the bars. Of course I'll be there to answer questions!

RavenKat, I loved Ellicott City - definitely had good vibes all through the town! I really liked the houses and buildings - they were awesome: lots of gingerbread, cool architecture, second hand shops & ANTIQUE STORES (Yeah!) I was fascinated with all the brick and stone houses we saw in Maryland. Most of the homes in the Northwest are made of wood - we have brick houses and many wooden homes have brick or stone accents but we live in a forested area (well, it USED to be heavily forested, not our trees are vanishing).

We will ALL have to save our shekels if we’re gonna do a trip – whether a road trip or a cruise, start savin’ now! Maybe every time you Medifast instead of eating a regular restaurant meal when you go out with a friend, save the difference between your $2 MF meal and what you would have spent had you ordered your ‘usual’ meal. We could put a quarter or a dollar in a vacation jar every time we enter the kitchen and open a cupboard or the refer door cruisin’ for something forbidden! The CRUISE jar could serve as a reminder – Keep it in the kitchen. When ya walk by the Cruise Jar, ask yourself, “do I really wanna cruise for food or would I rather cruise for fun?”

SusannaRosannaDanna ~

Yeah, let’s make it a fam affair! No prob.

We’ll hear from some others and see what they come up with and then we’ll have Gerald and his travel agent work on it.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room