Huge Commitment

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Huge Commitment

Postby Walks262 » June 26th, 2005, 9:45 pm

Today I made a huge commitment to Medifast and more importantly to myself. First, I went closet diving:
==> digging out and trying on clothes I haven't worn in years -- a number of them fit! Some I am too small for! :D And some I hope to be able to wear very soon. It's like getting a new warddrobe. Medifast FUN! :D :D :D and,
==> culling out clothes that are now just too big to wear -- clown pants!

Then, I packed up the big ones: clothes that I have had a love-hate relationship with for years: they got me through many fat years. And then, here is the commitment part: we took them to the Church Rummage Sale. They are GONE. Just like the pounds. Not coming back. I will not put the weight I have lost back on. I will not need those big girl clothes anymore. With Medifast I have found a way to not only get all the over weight off, but a way to get TRIM and FIT and STAY there. Medifast works for me and I will work Medifast.
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 27th, 2005, 6:37 am

Walks-

Good for you! Doesn't it feel great! :yay: I just did a yard sale last week & I put out every single piece of my fall & winter wardrobe- what didn't sell we took to Goodwill! Neither of us are going to need our "FAT" clothes anyway!
:yes:
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby AlexisClaire » June 30th, 2005, 2:44 pm

Ooooh I'm jealous! I've only reached a point where my fat clothes are fitting loosly, I can't WAIT to fit into my skinny clothes again.
WAY 2 GO!
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 30th, 2005, 3:11 pm

Alexis..... :shock: ......you will be surprised at how fast you will be growing out of your clothes and into smaller ones...... :yes: ....... keep shakin and before you know it you will be amazed........ :bouncie: .........
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby tnanock » June 30th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Congrats!! I did the same thing today, well at least I've started going through all my clothes. I have 4 categories. TOO BIG, JUST RIGHT, WILL FIT SOON, and STILL A WAYS TO GO. I haven't decided what to do with the big clothes yet. May put them on Ebay...the nicer ones anyway. Also, there is this lady in my church who is having a baby at the end of July after just having an 11-pounder last year at the beginning of August!! I did give her my maternity clothes but I don't know if she will be offended if I give her my too big clothes.
Kim

"Jesus loves you and God has a plan for your life."

tnanock
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby LessOfMe » June 30th, 2005, 5:27 pm

I'm right there with ya'all! Put all of my too-big clothes into boxes and donated them to the Volunteers of America. Can't tell you how many times I've seen people getting rid of clothes because they had lost weight. Now, it is our turn! :yes: Oh, darn....sure wish I had thought to put a note in all of those pockets telling them about Medifast/Take Shape for Life so that they could look forward to giving those clothes away too and join us on this path to health and happiness!
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby mytime » June 30th, 2005, 9:08 pm

That is so awesome ! Can't tell you how many boxes of beautiful clothes I have in every size. I cannot wait to wear some of them. It is going to be tough to kick some of the old stanbys to the curb. I am really impressed. This may sound weird, but I am only on day five and I swear my pant that I wore today were not as tight - especially around my waist that has always caused me problems. Does this seem possible ? Here's to giving it all away. GREAT WORK TEAM !!! And I love the idea about putting Medifast notes in the pockets - maybe I will include some empty shake packets with mine :mrgreen: Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room