Laura Spencer Fans?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Laura Spencer Fans?

Postby Unca_Tim » May 31st, 2007, 10:07 am

Genie Francis of General Hospital Fame Joins Medifast as New Spokesperson

Francis, known to fans as Laura Spencer, to become focal point of new marketing campaign

OWINGS MILLS, Md., May 31, 2007 -- /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED) announced today that General Hospital's Genie Francis will be the new Medifast spokesperson. Francis has played Laura on General Hospital since she was 14 years old and is up for a Daytime Emmy this June. Francis was attracted to Medifast because she is a married, busy working mom of two, who is looking to lose about 35 pounds.

"I've always thought of myself as a svelte size six and I've been working to get back to that size since the birth of my second child," says Francis. "In my industry, there has always been tremendous pressure on me to stay the same size I was when I was 17. Like so many others, I've tried different methods to lose weight for years but I really never got the weight off. I was so focused on my family and the day-to-day of my busy life that at some point, I just gave up on making my own health a priority."

"I've chosen Medifast because I know I will succeed this time with the help from a program like Medifast," continues Francis. "Medifast has amazing products that taste great and are completely portable for my busy lifestyle as well as personalized support to help me reach my goals and keep the weight off for good this time." continued Francis.

Genie Francis' story is being featured in the June 11 issue of People Magazine and in an upcoming segment on the television show “Extra” on NBC. Francis, who is up for a Daytime Emmy this June, will participate in an upcoming marketing campaign for the company chronicling her journey on the Medifast program. She will also be interacting with existing and prospective Medifast clients by helping them through an online blog and scheduled chats on the Medifast website.

"We are very pleased to have someone like Genie Francis on the Medifast program and promoting our brand," says Joseph DiBartolomeo PhD, VP Clinical Nutrition for Medifast. "Medifast is one of the best-kept secrets in the industry. We've been a trusted brand in the medical community for more than 26 years and have a unique program that fits the lifestyle of our many clients who are just like Genie. Genie will be an inspiration to many men and women who are looking to lose weight and improve their health. Genie's story will really showcase the benefits of the Medifast program to so many people who just need a little help from a proven weight loss program."
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » May 31st, 2007, 10:36 am

Great advertisement in my opinion. Yea Genie! She is also married to Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker of Star Trek: The Next Generation). He could use this program himself (based on the last time I saw him).

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 31st, 2007, 12:08 pm

I wonder if they will also mention her coke addiction from her early GH days.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » June 1st, 2007, 10:20 am

Or how the role that made her famous was a rape victim who fell in love with her rapist. After they became a big, romantic couple, people forgot that Luke started out by raping Laura. Nice.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » June 1st, 2007, 11:40 am

DogMa wrote:Or how the role that made her famous was a rape victim who fell in love with her rapist. After they became a big, romantic couple, people forgot that Luke started out by raping Laura. Nice.

I still remember that. My mother must have been out of the room when I watched it to the tune of Herb Alpert's Rise.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » June 2nd, 2007, 7:24 pm

bikipatra wrote:I wonder if they will also mention her coke addiction from her early GH days.

Actually, I just read the article (you can dl it from the Medifast site). She discusses her early childhood, when she started GH, her coke and alchohol addiction and how she overcame it... and relapsed in 2002. Her hubby is very supportive (and could lose a few himself ;) ).
Its a good article. This is going to be good for Medifast and TSFL.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to What's Shakin'