ketosis?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

ketosis?

Postby saira » May 13th, 2004, 1:21 pm

hello all

its day 2 for me now...and so far it ok...i know this question may be a bit premature for me now...but can anyone explain to me...how will i know that i am in ketosis...i know it takes a few days and all....hmmm...but the hunger pangs are kinda killin me.... :oops:

thanx in advance
saira
You want some of this?
saira

Postby Carrie » May 13th, 2004, 1:35 pm

I felt relief on day 3. It wasn't an easy day but it was nothing compared to days one and two.

Of course it's different for everyone, but you should get there soon. Probably the first thing you will notice is a funny taste in your mouth. I describe it as sweetish, but others call it metallic. That's a sure sign you're in ketosis, and annoying at first, but you get used to it.

Hang in there!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » May 13th, 2004, 2:54 pm

I never had the metal/sweet taste. (or what ever it could have been) Each person is different.

We had discussed this quite awhile ago, the "Ketosis" thing. Should I buy the strips to prove it? NO.

Ketosis - You need to be concerned weather your in Ketosis, for many reasons, the main being, so your body is truly burning the sugar/fat it has stored. This happens because you are no longer fueling it with the sugar that got us here in the first place.

Ketosis (as Carrie says) happens to everyone differently. There was no magic moment I woke up and said “oh I am in Ketosis” It just happens. For some it’s rapid, for most its 3-4-5 days, as your body rids itself of all the processed sugar it had inside before you began.

The good point of Ketosis is to stave off the hunger, allowing Ketosis to work, and allowing you to live day to day, on Medifast as designed. If you opt out (BY EATIING SOLETHING ILLEGAL) then you have to start all over, thus fighting off the hungries again.

The bad part of Ketosis, stems from the former Doctor “A” Everyone thought they could get into such a state of Ketosis, and the more purple the stick (Ketosis prover) the more you were burning. Medifast provides a mild M-I-L-D state of Ketosis, just enough to keep you burning as you are supposed to, Everyone is/was so hyped up over the “Ketosis” thing…. <yawn> Even I went and bought a jar of the “pee on me sticks”

Do Medifast as you’re SUPPOSED to, ignore the negligible signs (other than reduced hunger) and lose the weight.

If you think about it, doing Medifast legitimately, you have to be in Ketosis, and since you’re only consuming nil calories per day, how can you NOT lose weight?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

thanx

Postby saira » May 13th, 2004, 4:11 pm

well thanx for the replies you guys....ur right mike...ifyou do the program as your supposed to, you should lose weight...it makes total sense...nevertheless i am a starvin marvin....i just ran to the grocery store and picked up some pickles and boullion....i didnt get it before cuz i didnt think i would need it...man was i STUPID...okee dokee...i am glad that i didnt pick up any other goodies at the store...just went straight for the stuff i need and ran back home...i'm a little proud of myself..hope i can keep this up :!:

thanx again
saira
You want some of this?
saira

Postby Sylvia » May 13th, 2004, 4:18 pm

Hang in there. It definitely gets MUCH easier after day 3. You're almost there!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room