Ketann

1 Thread per registered User.

Ketann

Postby Ketann » June 8th, 2006, 6:51 am

I'm so excited about this! It will be great seeing everyone post their thoughts
during such an important journey.

I have lost 21 pounds on Medifast so far. I am also wearing 18 jeans, something I haven't worn for 6 or 7 years. Hubby was so shocked he made me buy some 16s also so we didn't have to shop again for a while! I was scared about even shopping. I have always hated clothes shopping. Hubby likes to go and help. He seems to find things that would look good on me. We always wind up arguing cause I'll whine, saying "they don't have my size!". I took a chance and grabbed an 18. You can't imagine the joy I had being able to zip those jeans up. I know 18 is still big, but there was a time I was wearing a 24. I am wearing a 1X/2X in tops still, but thanks to Medifast I'm sure that will change. I told hubby this might be the last time we shop at my favorite large sized women's clothing store. He seemed glad. He was also glad I wasn't whining today. We actually finished my clothes shopping in record time, which gave us some time to shop for him. I think I'm going to enjoy shopping for now on :).

Hugs,

Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby electra000 » June 8th, 2006, 7:36 am

Congratulations Keturah ! What a wonderful feeling! I am looking forward to being able to go shopping again too. I bought a cute pair of size 18 shorts a week or so ago. I started to get a size 22 so that I could wear them now, but I told myself NO! I am going to buy the size 18 because I am going to be able to wear them soon ! :D
electra000
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 8th, 2006, 8:53 am

Any size smaller than when you started is exciting, especially when it's several sizes down!! And 18's can be found in a lot of misses departments rather than just in the women's department. So that's a HUGE accomplishment. Congratulations!! You're doing great.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ketann » June 11th, 2006, 8:42 am

Thanks electra and Robin for you posts :). It feels good to have a great team of support during this journey.

I decided to finally get off my tuchus and exercise. I have a few Leslie Sansone walking DVDs, so I will be using them for now. I was amazed I got through a full 1 mile (15 minute video) workout without being exhausted. Is it from the weight loss? Extra energy? It felt wonderful to exercise. I plan to ease into it, I just want to be in shape as well as lose weight. I think in some ways it helps me stick to my plan.

As far as my plan goes, I have been doing great and sticking to it. I have decided to make a realistic mini goal to get to Onederland by the end of July.
I made it that long in case of a plateau. If I get there sooner, great! :) That's it for now.

Keturah
Ketann

Postby Ketann » June 17th, 2006, 6:35 am

I've been doing some reading and a little soul searching lately. I want this to work, and work well. Hubby got me a subscription to Fitness magazine (for women). They have a lot of great articles about weight loss, and exercises for different areas. Anyway, here are some changes I plan to make:

1. I am going to exercise EVERYDAY. Yes, it sounds like I am setting myself up for failure, but I figure if I at least set the goal and only do 5 or 6 days, it's better than 3. My Dr. gave the OK to do this (she really wants me to lose weight), so this is allowed.

2. I am going to drink (ugh) 95 ounces of water a day. I was doing 64, but read somewhere on the forum about drinking half your weight in ounces.

3. I am going to keep my lean and green meals simple. No sauces, no condiments. Spices, yes. I read that people who keep their meals simple are more successful at losing weight. I am a very good cook (hence the weight problem), but I feel I have probably pushed the portions with my fancy L & G meals on account of this. For now on, meat measured and cooked separate, veggies measured and cooked separate. No more complicated fancy recipes until maintenance.

This is enough for now. I am going to work on these things in order to be successful toward my weight loss goal. I'll post how things are going.

Keturah
Ketann

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » June 17th, 2006, 8:59 am

keturah... sounds like you are doing really great on this. I am sure you will be at onederland in no time maybe we can meet there at the same time ! lol. another good idea is reward yourself for those mini goals. i am getting my hair cut when i reach onederland since it is getting a bit shaggy hehe. take care. your doing great!
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby Ketann » June 19th, 2006, 7:45 am

Well, I think the water and exercising is paying off. I lost another pound this morning. The water isn't that bad, and with it hitting 90 here yesterday, you need it. I try to get at least 60 oz in by 2 PM, and the rest by 8 PM.

The 2rd week in September hubby and I are flying to Kansas to visit my parents. I haven't seen them in two years, so I am looking forward to it. I sent my dad some pics for Father's Day and they were impressed. Last time I saw them I was 265...

Sometimes I look at how much more weight I need to lose, and I just think "impossible!". I need to get over that, I know. I am trying to set mini goals (every ten pounds), and not focus on the total amount I need to lose.

Also, I have been keeping my meals very simple. I found a Mrs. Dash Chipolte spice, which has become my new favorite. I even put it in my MF chili.
Ketann

Postby Ketann » June 21st, 2006, 5:48 am

Down another pound :). I am a "weigh everyday" person...well, 10 times a day :roll: . I am going to "try" and not weigh til Sunday. One more pound and I will be in 30 pound club though. Hubby says I'm not obssessing, but reminded me it took time to get weight on...

I made hubby get on the scale last night - 172 (he is 6 feet tall). The reason was to set up a goal for myself. After I get under 200, my next mini goal is to weigh less than him. I have NEVER weighed less than him :shock: . He is tall and lean. If he puts on 5 pounds, he can burn it off in one day doing yard work :x . I guess I should be blessed with a healthy, loving hubby :).
Ketann

Postby Ketann » June 24th, 2006, 5:22 pm

I can't wait to weigh tomorrow. I don't know if I lost, but the 16s are feeling a little more roomy. I am hoping for 14 at least by September when I visit my family in Kansas. Hubby was home today. At first, it was difficult when he would be off, but planning and getting a routine for my meals has made it much easier. My schedule is like this:

7:00 A.M. oatmeal
10:00 A.M. mango or tropical drink
1:00 P.M. bar or shake*
4:00 P.M. chicken noodle soup, chili or shake*
7:00 P.M. Lean & Green
10:00 P.M. shake
* on days I have a bar, I will have a shake at 4:00 P.M.

I drink at least 90 - 100 ounces daily.
Enough for now, hubby needs me :)
Hugs,
Keturah
Ketann

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 24th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Aren't the "roomies" the best feelings!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Ketann » June 25th, 2006, 7:57 am

Thanks DeDe, and yes it is a great feeling.:) I am so happy to have hit the 30 pound club today. I haven't been at this weight since 2000. I stil have a long way to go, but I am glad to find something that works. I will be going through my closet today, donating my "big" clothes. I am going to keep y favorite dress, though. For memory, and in hopes it can be altered someday to fit. I love the fabric and pattern on it.
I am trying to find some good carryon luggage for our vacation in September. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Have a blessed day everyone!
Ketann

Postby Ketann » July 2nd, 2006, 5:36 pm

Things are getting back to normal here. Still not drinking the water, but I didn't anyway lol. I went back to 5 & 1 from 7 & 1. Dr. wanted me to since I was exerting myself in the flood clean up. I wanted to mow today, but was too exhausted. I need rest.
Hubby and I will be having a quiet 4th. That's all. Too tired to type. Hugs and shakes to all.

Keturah
Ketann

Postby Ketann » July 3rd, 2006, 3:25 pm

I mowed today. It was hot as :twisted: . I think I drank a gallon of water today. I also got the carryon bags I ordered for me & hubby. His is black, mine is a lovely copper. I am planning a practice packing this weekend. We need to learn light packing skills in order to be future truckers. I feel so bloated lately. I weighed 265 in January without a thought. I am now 204 and feel like a cow. Weird.
I wore me wedding ring today - a NSV for me! :D
I also have a size 14 dress that is slowly starting to fit. I'll keep you posted on that.
Food is boring these days, but it's just as well. I am addicted to it, and maybe my boredom will lessesn my obsession for it. When I get to maintenance I never want to get this way again. I want quality, not quantity.
Ketann

Postby Ketann » July 6th, 2006, 7:05 am

Yesterday I went through y closet, packed up everything that was too big, and donated it to the church. I have exactly 2 shirts, 1 blouse, and 4 pants now. I can't ever gain this weight back now. It would cost me a fortune in clothes. t feels so good to be losing this weight. I can wear my wedding ring now, I move better, and I feel better. I don't even mind going to the Dr. now. I'm looking forward to seeing my family in September. I'm not ashamed of myself. I am losing weight still, but my self esteem is gaining.

Why is it so difficult for me to imagine myself thin? Because I never was thin?
I was thin at 5 years old, then I got chubby. I am going to work on this. Any suggestions are more than welcome :).
Ketann

Postby Ketann » July 6th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Well hubby decided I need a motivational reward gift. He's buying me a treadmill. :shock: It is my job to hunt for a good one. yay. :roll: So I found a Smoth 6.5 online that looks good. Any advice would be appreciated. :)
Ketann

Next

Return to My Journal