katesmom says hi to Terry and Nancy !

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

katesmom says hi to Terry and Nancy !

Postby katesmom » August 13th, 2007, 9:57 am

Hello !
I found your site last week and it is really awesome ! I have been inspired by so many already and can't wait to have success too ! I have 150 pounds to ose and right now that seems like such a ling way off until i meet my goal...

any suggestions that you may have would be very helpful !

Nancy - you look great !

Katesmom :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » August 13th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Howdy there, Mom of Kate ~

Welcome to ya and get ready for the thinnin' process to begin!

We are currently in Lynnwood, WA to meet with people that are interested in doing what you're doing - gettin' healthier and feelin' fabulous!

This is a tremendous program and just to letcha know how well it works, I am wearing my leather pants tonight because I can! I've enjoyed improved health and itsy bitsy clothes for 4.5 years now - I love my thinny life and you will enjoy yours, too - shake it off! You can do it; I believe in YOU :you:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby katesmom » August 13th, 2007, 6:58 pm

Hello Again !
I had lost 40 lbs last year and gained it all back...Stress and more stress...I refuse to give up and hope that I too can wear leather pants ! I can't even imagine it ! How does it feel?

Do you remember how you felt before you started Medifast???
Did your feet hurt? low energy/ low self-esteem???

I had a health advisor here, but she only contacted me once every three months so I did not continue with her...

Katesmom :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby bikipatra » August 14th, 2007, 3:04 am

katesmom wrote:Hello Again !
I had lost 40 lbs last year and gained it all back...Stress and more stress...I refuse to give up and hope that I too can wear leather pants ! I can't even imagine it ! How does it feel?

It looked like something out of an 80's video (althought it was BCBG :mrgreen: ) but I am trying to remember what it felt like to wear a size 4 leather miniskirt. Gosh, I looked good in it. I looked so good my AA sponsor said I should stop wearing it to meetings because it was distracting to the suffering people who were trying to get sober.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 14th, 2007, 3:13 am

katesmom wrote:Do you remember how you felt before you started Medifast???
Did your feet hurt? low energy/ low self-esteem??

Katesmom :)

Most of my joints hurt. I would wait 20 minutes to take a bus instead of walking 2 blocks. I was afraid of my diabetes that had led to heart problems and amputations in my father's side of the family. I realized that I was just 7 years away from the age at which my father had hs first heart attack at 43 and he wasn't even overweight just ate a fatty diet and had high cholesterol. My self-esteem was so low I felt invisible. Medifast has changed all that. I don't have great self-esteem but many days I feel pretty good about myself. Not because I look good, but because I am able to take care of myself by exercising and make wise choices in my eating and am not so afraid.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lizabette » August 16th, 2007, 8:22 pm

Welcome back, KATESMOM. I'm going to join your cheering section...:cheerleader:
Yes, dear, I felt all those negative feelings too.
Losing weight doesn't take every problem away, but you can sure feel and look good while trying to solve them!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » August 16th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Hi, KatesMom ~

You want to know how it feels to wear leather pants or how it feels to be healthier?

I tell ya, when I wear my black or red leather pants, I feel FABULOUS!

I will never tire of that great feeling of slipping them on, zipping them up and the way they hug my legs and hips. I actually feel the waistband press across my hipbones and it amazes me.

I recall discovering my hipbones for the first time…I was lying in bed with my hand resting across my bod and felt something weird. I was concerned that I’d discovered a tumor (I had a tumor removed from my backside in 1973 and am mindful of lumps but lemme tell ya, when I weighed as much as a linebacker, I had so many lardy lumps that it was hard to tell if they were ‘normal’ or not. I also have had many false alarms regarding breast lumps. When a woman is overweight and has large dense girls, it is difficult for the techs to compress them and get good readings…)

It feels special to wear clothes that are more form-fitting.

When I spoke Monday evening I wore a Pepto Bismol pink shirt with silver grommet-studs along the neckline and it fits close because of its spandex threads and I tucked it into the black leather pants.

I wore leopardy heels - five years ago I would have worn pull-on pants with an elastic waist, a big shirt and athletic shoes with orthotic inserts.

Heck yes, my feet used to hurt.

Over the years, I've had two foot surgeries on both feet - bunionectomies on the Daddy toes and the baby toes TWICE, foot tendons and muscles moved and twanged about, I had plantar fasciitis in both feet, and was plagued with terrible foot pain for years.

My shoulders used to hurt and I wore a bra with wide straps and 6 hooks across my back, a pair of industrial strength fannyhose to keep my belly and buns from looking like Jell-O when I walked and most likely I wouldda worn my jacket or a coat because I was ashamed of my body and wanted to keep it under wraps. Now when I stand before a group of people without my coat on, I smile inside my heart of hearts and am thankful, because I can…

My husband beams when we sees me; I will never tire of being patted or given little pinches.

More than feeling special and happier about how I look, it feels wonderful to no longer have aches and pains in my feet, my knees and my back. It feels great to walk without huffing and puffing, to fit into a car or airline seat with room to spare and excess seat belt length. I can sit in a booth at a restaurant. I have confidence to do just about anything I want to do – losing weight was a challenge – initially - but once I made up my mind that this would be the last time I ever had to go on a weight loss program and that I wanted better health more than I wanted food, it really became quite easy with our program.

Maintaining my weight feels even better than losing it in the first place. I know it is possible to do so because others have done it, too – there are no magic pills or special operations needed.

The formula for success for weight loss or weight management is truly rather simple – we must make changes to the underlying causes of our weight gain – most of us eat more than our body needs and we eat foods that are high in fat, high in sugar (and we eat way, way too much of it) and we sit on our hineys way too much – we gotta move it and shake it or it attaches itself to our hips, thighs and buns and lives there forever!

I know you can do it, if you will do it – evaluate what you want most – awesome health, better vitality and energy, smaller pants, increased self-confidence or cheesecake…

With Take Shape For Life, we teach that we can create the healthy life we want when we apply the knowledge of the proven program to our daily situation. Making healthy food choices becomes easier as time passes. As we look for non-foody options to deal with the stresses of life and when we eat smaller meals that are low in fat/sugar, we keep our blood sugar even and the cravings for carbs are diminished.

We are happy to have ya along on the journey – hangeth in there, every three hours you are getting closer to your goal. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » August 21st, 2007, 8:08 am

Here ya go, a picture of me taken August 13th in Edmonds, WA during a presentation I gave to a group of people interested in how the Take Shape For Life program has changed our lives.

I used to live life on the edge - on the edge of high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high blood sugar - now I'm off the edge of the park bench and enjoying my healthier life to the fullest!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Unca_Tim » August 21st, 2007, 8:36 am

Nancy wrote:...now I'm off the edge of the park bench and enjoying my healthier life to the fullest!

Send me your pic to post before you head off to enjoy your life....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby katesmom » August 21st, 2007, 10:17 am

Thanks Nancy for your wonderful and honest story... I was shaking my head in agreement, at much of what you said...Yes, for today anyway I am in my elastic waist pants and Crocs flip flops because that is what is most comfortable on my feet right now...I don't want to get diabetes and do want to feel better and look better...I want to be able to post an awesome picture of myself to you - In my leather pants one day !!
I will need a health advisor too...

Can you help me with that?? :?

Thank you...I feel like I have finally found a place where I can be myself and be comfortable---I fell like I've "Come home"...
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby plash928 » August 21st, 2007, 6:32 pm

nancy i was in edmonds last monday night and heard you speak. i was still on the fence about trying this. meeting you and several of the other people involved convinced me to go for it. sharon is my HA and she's wonderful. i placed my first order yesterday with her and will start as soon as my food gets here. all of you are such an inspiration. it was exciting to meet all of you and to see your before pictures. wow
thank you for your help, pat
plash928

Postby Nancy » August 21st, 2007, 11:08 pm

Hidy Ho, Pat ~

It was our pleasure to meet you and I am delighted to know you are on your way to a healthier new YOU! We are currently in Edmonds again and just returned to our hotel room; Terry gave a health coach training session this evening.

You will be in excellent hands with Sharon - she is a great health coach. I am so proud of her accomplishment - she's lost 103 pounds and much more than knowing about the program, she understands the process involved for permanent weight loss. There is so much more involved than what most folks view as a temporary diet - we hold the keys for how to make lifestyle changes that lead to optimal health. Now your job, Pat is to apply them – Sharon will :stroll: walk beside you all the way!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.