JUST ME

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby DutchChoc » September 25th, 2004, 5:59 am

Good morning!!

Thanks for the compliment, Shineface. The answer is that I come here to be restored, myself, and to express why I want to succeed so I can remember that it's possible and it's up to me. I'm also acutely aware of the ways in which not being happy because of my attitudes or fattitudes has been a thorn in my side and talking about that is never far away from what I'm thinking.

Getting older has given me a different perspective, too. When I was young (20s-30s), I saw being overweight as something I could surely "lick" on one try if I ever stayed with it. Later, as I saw myself doing THAT over and over, I realized that it would be possible for one to spend a whole life fighting it over and over -- because for the most part, I already had been!! I no longer want this/THAT to define who I am. It's time to get this project off the rack and out the door so that other worthwhile things can take up the space that this occupies.

AND SO, we work here together to try to get well. I still believe it's possible. Keeping in touch with others is therapeutic and trying hard is contagious, I think. Glad to hear from you.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby shineface » September 26th, 2004, 8:25 pm

Hi all---

Confession is good for the soul - I am weak and I am struggling - not a clean weekend.

I'm 48 and can't believe I'm reverting to letting people make me feel guilty about decisions I'm thinking about - purchasing the convertible has gotten "old feeling" responses from input from my MOM - how old am I? ... and I reverted to handling it with food!!!! MY GOD I FEEL LIKE I AM 12.

Starting fresh tomorrow ---- this will not stop me -- I have never done full fast before but maybe I need to try that to get on track again!!!

thanks for listening.

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby TamiL » September 27th, 2004, 3:42 am

Pam
the weekend is behind you now..just pick up and start fresh today.... ;)
as for people making you feel guilty about decisions you may make...I say ignore em....YOU DO WHAT MAKES you happy, life is too short to do otherwise!! In my job, I see so many people starting off thier day like any other..only to end up jilted with some unexpected outcome....
you just never know....so BUY that car you want...ride with the top down on nice days...ENJOY every moment!! :-P and THE HECK WHAT OTHERS SAY!!

:pet:
as you say...TOGETHER..we WILL DO THIS!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 27th, 2004, 11:32 am

Pam,

Ditto to what Tami said! Good for you YOUNG lady for getting back on track! :stroll:

I'm a 'people pleaser' who has listened to others more than I should. I'm getting better as I get older. Here's some advice I've had on my bulletin board for years to keep me centered:

If I Had My Life To Live Over

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.

I'd relax.

I would limber up.

I would be sillier than I have been this trip.

I would take fewer things seriously.

I would take more chances.

I would take more trips.

I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.

I would eat more ice cream and less beans.

I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones. You see, I am one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day.

Oh, I've had my moments and if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them.

In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments. One after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day.

I've been one of those people who never go anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat and a parachute.

If I had it to do over again, I would travel lighter next time.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefooted earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.

I would go to more dances.

I would ride more merry-go-rounds.

I would pick more daisies.

Nadine Stair - Age 85
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 27th, 2004, 7:11 pm

Those are sweet ideas, Camille, from someone who ought to know by virtue of perspective what to recommend.

Did 'ya try the full fast today, shineface?

Re what you said about responding to a parent, I think that's somewhat tough throughout life; you're not alone. In general, I think I grew up feeling rather insignificant as a child -- was reminded often enough that "the world doesn't revolve around you", etc. I have so often deferred respect to others based upon "some" or other vague criteria, as though I'm STILL not an adult deserving respect and autonomy. MAYBE I'm better about it than I've been at times, but I still find that there are SOME people who like finding out that we will defer our power to them and then they have ways of wrapping their arms all around that and feasting on our good will.

We ARE big girls now, just as worthy to hold opinions and have goals, preferences, dreams as the next soul as far as I'm concerned. I think we should make a point to empower all of that and take GOOD care of ourselves.

So, pls dust off and continue on your way!!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » September 27th, 2004, 8:21 pm

Ah... Love to correct the female when I can (rarely in Guido's house)

We ARE big girls now

Not anymore!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaha!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 28th, 2004, 7:23 pm

Ha, Mike! I thought about the context of that as I wrote it. Getting smaller, yes, mercifully. Maybe something men don't have to worry so much about, i.e. feeling "grown" and empowered.

Which reminds me of still feeling big next to a small waif on the elliptical machine next to me tonight. I guess, like Camille once said, there will always be people lesser and greater than oneself. Kind of makes me wish, nonetheless, that I could learn not to make such observations.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 29th, 2004, 4:26 am

Mike you are such a hoot!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby elle4nelly » September 29th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Pam??

I dig what you said!!!!!!!!

My mom is probably the only Human being that canstill send me in a Food Binging stupor :oops: :oops: :oops:

When I used to slip and fall medifast...she noticed every pound gained....why don't you lose weight...blah blah...balh...my response was always the same. It's my life, and I don't want to lse weight( BIG FAT LIE). Then I'd be P O for the rest of the day...grazing voraciously at anything that fell my way...

Then I go shopping with her ..and bought smaller clothes...and she went on and on on why do you do that. What IF YOU NEVR LOSE WEIGHT?????

She's helped me get ANGRY ...little does she knows.....when I get to goal ..I'll give her a huge THANKS for getting on my nerves, it helped me get PO enough to lose weight. Thanks MOM!

yeah...I'm a big girl for everyone...but I still react like a little one when faced with her comments!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby shineface » October 1st, 2004, 9:53 am

Hi All-

FOR OBVIOUS REASONS I HAVE BEEN MIA --- AND HAVE NOT BEEN POSTING - JUST LURKING AND READING...

I AM DOING EVERYTHING WRONG - I AM SO PISSED OFF AT MYSELF-- I GET ONE DAY UNDER MY BELT AND CHOOSE TO LET IT GO - I NEVER IMAGINED DOING PART TWO COULD BE SO HARD ---- I AM PANIC STRICKEN - I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FAILURE!!!!!!

I HAVE LET MYSELF GET COMFORTABLE AT MY NEW 70POUND LIGHTER WEIGHT AND DELUDING MYSELF THAT IT IS OK WHERE I AM --- NO IT IS NOT --- I WANT TO GO BELOW 200 FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 18 YEARS - I AM NOT DOING IT AND THERE IS NO ONE TO BLAME BUT ME.

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER WITH THINGS - OH I KNOW ME - I CANCELED THE CAR AND DIDN'T GET THE TATTOO. THEY ARE NOT WHAT I NEED --- I NEED TO SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF 200 POUNDS -BUT IT IS EASIER TO TRY AND FILL MY EMPTY SELF UP WITH THINGS THAN IT IS TO SCALE AND FINISH OFF MY REAL ISSUE - MY ADDICTION TO FOOD - MY ABUSE OF FOOD - THE ME I CREATED WITH FOOD THAT WANTS TO USE ALL OF WHAT I LEARNED AND KILL HER OFF - BUT THEN WHO WILL I BE???? SORRY - FEELING REALLY OUT THERE...

YOU ARE ALL A BLESSING - WITHOUT THIS FOURUM I WOULD'VE COMPLETELY THROWN IN THE TOWEL BY NOW -- I KEEP TRYING TO GET BACK ON TRACK - I KEEP LETTING MYSELF DOWN --- I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A REAL WHINER ---- I AM BEING A REAL WHINER - I HATE THAT - BUT I GUESS IT'S ALL I'VE GOT RIGHT NOW - OFF TO TRY AND START ANOTHER CLEAN DAY..... THANKS FOR LISTENING...

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 1st, 2004, 10:45 am

Pam,

You are NOT a whiner! You are a loser! You lost before, you WILL lose again! These are just wrinkles in the rug. You're doing the right thing. You're picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, pulling up your socks, and starting again. That's all you have to do and you're doing it! Come on, let's go - don't worry, be happy you've realized what you need to do, and you've started doing it. 70 pounds is amazing! You can do this! Mind over matter! :weightlift:

Shake to get Smaller,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » October 1st, 2004, 10:53 am

Hello Pam! :)
First of all, let me tell you that you’re not alone! So many of us in the past year have fallen off the wagon. Got back on only to fall again. I don’t have the answer to why we do it. But I can tell you that each time I fell off I got angrier with myself for the lost time and for sabotaging myself because let’s face it , the only person I was letting down was ME. But that anger was necessary! You see the angrier I got the more determined I got. I said it in another post that I read somewhere that “Change cannot come or be permanent until we reach that UTMOST point of FEDUPNESS” And Pam, I can vouch to you that it is absolutely true. I read your message and I can feel the Anger rising in you. So, my advice is GET FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That same FED_UP that got you on Medifast in the first place. Don’t be complacent with your weight loss. Otherwise you need to ask yourself these BIG questions. Do I like myself at this weight? Can I live with myself at this weight? If the answer is yes, perhaps you should just accept your self at your current weight and just quit! BUT if the answer is no as I suspect. Than Honey, GET UP, GET FED UP AND GET GOING! To me each day spent sabotaging ourselves and giving in to our food demons, is a day spent cheating ourselves out of our DREAMS. IF you want THIN really bad, then GET thin and do your very best to get what you want. Take no prisoner, take no crap and tell yourself “Darn it I will weigh less than 200lbs and let nothing I mean nothing get in my way!!” Don’t tell me it is easier said than done. Because if you ARE FED UP and WANT THIN that bad then THIN will be yours to have. Hey? I am Miss “undisciplined” Okay? But after several months wasted on falling off and getting back on, I am ON! As in BRING IT ON! There is nothing worth derailment. Have my cravings died? NO! Do my friends tempt me with restaurant and drinks? YES! DO I encounter temptations? HECK YEAH! Everything that isn’t a shake is TEMPTATION to me!! Do I want to give in? Sometimes! DO I GIVE IN? NO!!!!!!!WHY? Because I AM FED UP OF BEING OBESE AND I WANT THIN REALLY BAD AND REALLY FAST!!
I have had years of being overweight and now IT”S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE FAT!! I can’t even say “it was nice knowing you FAT”. Nope! GET out of here and don’t you ever come back. I mean that!
Pam? Get up! Dust yourself off. Get Mad, really MAD!! Now go get that 199lb. YOU DESERVE IT !! DON”T SELL YOURSELF SHORT for the sake of some drink or some food.

YOUR DREAMS ARE MUCH MORE WORTH THAN A MOMENT’S MEAL!!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » October 1st, 2004, 11:19 am

Pam

AMEN to all our medifast sisters have said.
My offering may be obvious.
But have you tried breaking this into smaller bites.
For example: are you able to commit to 1 day on medifast?
or if that is too large, can you commit to 3 hours? to one meal?

can you plan strategies to avoid the worst of your temptations long enough to get a good start?

find a bite that is the right size for you and just take it one bite at a time. you will have a string of successes before you know it.

temptation is always there. at lunch today, my daughter asked (4 times no less!) if i would like to have the last meatball from her sandwich. is she kidding?????? of course i would like to have it!!!!!!! i nearly took it too!!!! but. there is something i want more. and i have found a way to get it. which was more important? a asked her to go feed it to the dog so it would disappear.

you have lost a LOT of weight! A HUGE victory! if you want to be under 200, under 200 is yours with the decision that that is more important than all else.
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » October 3rd, 2004, 3:57 am

Pam
AMEN to every word our conductor has said (NELLY) above....start now, fresh and get a few "clean" days under your belt....the rest gets easier...isnt it amazing how in the beginning, we NEVER dreamed this weight loss could be so easy....and now we consider it hard? our minds play tricks on us...those food demons come back to haunt us....but we need to do just what NELLY said....FOCUS, dont forget your dreams...go back and read some of your old posts...that is what I do...rewind to the very beginning....once you read them, youll want that FEELING back, the feeling we had in the beginning and somehow lost along the way when we let ourselves think "hey..Im okay now"....when we really werent at our goals...just feeling a little better about ourselves. Its amazing to me how much MIND control food has over me....when I am CLEAN..there is nothing I cant do...when I am eating junk and feeling the wrath...there is nothing I CAN do, nor want to or care to do..other than stay isolated and feel sorry for myself.....LIFE IS GOING ON OUT THERE...lets join it!!
IM praying for you Pam....that you get it back....the DESIRE to be thin...
IT IS POSSIBLE!! ;) we can DO THIS TOGETHER!!
start again....Day 1...no shame, no guilt...just a fresh start, forget all the attempts....those are behind you, today is the first day!

your shakin Pal.....Tam
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 3rd, 2004, 8:58 am

Hi, Pam! I was wondering about you and I missed this thread until now. Sorry you've been struggling since at least Friday, and maybe NOW, you're not!

Love what you MF sisters have said, by the way. Very loving and encouraging messages. We ARE determined -- and so can everyone else be if they only believe that we have to work this program to get the thin results that we say we want.

There's a duplicitous side to overeating - we say we hate ourselves when we do it, but actually what we also hate is the thought of having to stop having what we want. There are times I SWEAR I can't do that. But, I don't know if I really "can't" or if I am just unwilling to turn the faucet off, to go cold turkey, to just STOP. It's hard!! It seems like what we DON'T want, but it's part of breaking free from the cycle. Without that, there's really no beginning from which to continue.

So, do the work, Pam. I really believe you want to reap the greater rewards of success. If you were truly having fun, you wouldn't sound so unhappy. Please be good to yourself because we care about you!!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room