JUST ME

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby shineface » September 19th, 2004, 8:17 am

DC & Nancy--

Thanks so much for the input and suggestions--- hmmmm eating them like ice cream - that certainly bears trying!

DC - the truth is the more weight I lose the flatter I get and ya know what - that will be just fine because right now I've got fat going not true body parts - if ya get my drift!

BTW - not to by any means down the RTD shakes - they're wonderful -- and Nancy is right the first few days I probably do require a little more in my stomache to feel full! Actually, this morning I cracked open a choc. RTD put it in the blender with 10 oz of water, ice cubes and banana flavor syrup -- not bad!!!! Certainly more substantial!!!!
Thanks guys - more later!!!

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Today is the start of day 6 and I wanted to get in on the roll call -- I'm down 8 pounds - yes folks, thanks to you all and MF I am back to exact pre-cruise weight ---- Let the games begin - I've regained my position as I go into Phase 2.
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby shineface » September 21st, 2004, 7:49 am

I am soooooo ticked with myself this morning!!!!!

Weight remains at 220... good thing considering after 7 full days of perfect 5/1 eating I got up late (after midnight) and ate. Oh pretty much whatever I could find - some choc chips I bought for baking last Christmas and haven't even been aware of until last night and a wrap (defrosted from freezer) with 2 slices of cheese and some honey mustard - tasted just as bad as it sounds - but I didn't care!!! I felt fogged and I'm thinking (no excuses) that I have changed medications and took them at a different time yesterday - this med. makes me feel hungry so I usually time it around a MF or my L&G ----- talk about having to be on my guard every minute - I COULD SCREAM!!! This is my disease - this is my food problem and I have a BIG one ... Confession is supposed to be good for the soul- so here I am and started today with the same commitment I've had for the past seven days --- but I screwed up and I don't want to be a screw up anymore!!!!!!

Thanks for listening!

5/1/05=279.6
shineface

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 21st, 2004, 10:10 am

I'm so sorry to hear that--I will never understand why we ourselves can be our biggest enemy/saboteur when it comes to weight loss.
You had seven good days...andmany good MONTHS before this, so just get back up and start over.
I am working online until about 1 AM EST most nights, if you are on here, email me and I'll talk you out of the fridge!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Carrie » September 21st, 2004, 11:24 am

Pam,

Jump right back on the wagon NOW, TODAY, RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

Do not let this turn into 5 days and 10, and 20 etc etc.

RIGHT NOW GIRL, YOU HEAR ME?????

Carrie

P.S. Glad you're back I've missed you!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2004, 2:54 pm

Shiney ~

:pet: Aww...well, we are glad that you are here and not in the kitchen right now.

:| Stuff happens but just don't allow it to control you.

When you have the urge...drink a bottle of water or a cup of tea. Have bouillon.

Get your buns outta the kitchen!

Susanna offered you a wonderful alternative to scarfing - get online or call a friend.

A moment on the lips, 4 ever on your hips..

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Shiney, we want this to be the LAST time you have to go through the weight loss phase. This is IT!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby elle4nelly » September 21st, 2004, 3:11 pm

Hang in there Pam!

Get back on NOW as Carrie said. "cauz the longer you stay off the harder it is to get back on!!
Hang in there!
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 21st, 2004, 5:00 pm

Hey, Shineface, hope you're hanging tough?

Had to laugh about getting flatter and about the parts being not true body parts, anyway. Well, I'm here to tell you that there's at least one man that I know very well who doesn't discriminate much about composition, lol. It used to bother me if we were at the gym together, me looking like in my would-be photo and him looking at women bouncing out of their bras doing aerobics, etc. That became a large detractor from my enjoyment of MY OWN experience - I'm quite undisciplined about taking better care of my mental health by thinking better or more "properly" about how I perceive things. It's still an issue at times.

Yup, you're gonna have to make yourself rather mad turning some stuff down until you get your wagon together again. That's the challenge at hand. Nice of Susanna to make the offer, and I extend to you an invitation, as well, or to anyone. Use a PM if you like.

Well, gotta go help with homework for now!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby shineface » September 22nd, 2004, 12:44 pm

DC, Nancy, Nelly, Carrie & Susanna--

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement ----FEAR NOT --- I did get right back on yesterday and stuck with it throughout the day and I am also good to go today -- so far... and I know it is my choice and I chose health. SOmetimes I think the first Phase was just too easy - got on - adjusted and did it everyday - never looking right or left ---- tougher this time around ... I think it's because I feel healthier now at the beginning of my Phase 2 than I have in years whereas at the beginning of my Phase 1 I was at the end of my rope - God, please never again....and that is why I know that I need to continue on and lose the rest of the weight I need to lose to be truly healthy. Feeling pretty humble and very thankful right now!!!

You all give me so much - everyone on this forum is contributing pieces of GOLD. It never fails - I get what I need - whether it's someone sharing a tip, a success, a disappointment, a slip ---the sharing of ones self is the highest form of giving - AND the way everyone Rally's 'round when it's needed is awesome - it is truly UNCONDITIONAL acceptance, care and love. Thank you all - I cannot do this alone - I need each and every one of you and that is why I made the commitment to myself to post here each and everyday - because right now lurking is not what I need - I need to be involved in all of your lives - sunshine, warts and all.

5/1/05=279.6
shineface

Postby DutchChoc » September 22nd, 2004, 1:52 pm

Right, Pam. Glad you're back on base, to use an old baseball term. There's value in honesty and being able to discuss situations rather than in lurking or otherwise not feeling part of the whole. Not to say that lurking can't eventually draw us into belonging and/or help a lot, but SO much value in "talking" and trying to participate!!

I can relate to what you said about doing better and perhaps feeling less urgency because of it. That feeling helped produce lots of diet dropouts for me before -- that familiar, "well, this isn't TOO bad" feeling. I've spent a lot of time in that mediocre zone never achieving what I knew I really wanted meanwhile feeling just a hair from being swallowed up by more & more fat and unhappiness. It's good to use your powers and move out of that place towards what you really want for yourself. You're going to love yourself more and more as you go in that direction -- or, that's my honest opinion. We're good people who have had enough of doing mean things to ourselves with food. I want some gladsome times for us, using Nancy's phrase and idea.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 23rd, 2004, 10:15 am

Pam, Dutch and all ~

I cannot do this alone

None of us can do it alone - that's why we started the MakeMeThinner Forum. Accountability is the key to success and it is the key to lasting success. I lost 135 pounds for the LAST time. Not gonna do THAT again!

You think sticking to the plan for a month or two or three is difficult - try doing it for 7 months!

I didn't have any idea how to do it, just followed the plan. We want to provide you folks with the 'How to Do' it and the 'Keep On Doing Its' and the 'Because I Cans' because we want you to know that Nothing Tastes as Good As Thin Feels and to get and remain thinner and healthy, you must be accountable!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby shineface » September 23rd, 2004, 3:58 pm

Hi All----

Well here I am on day 10 --- with all of you and this forum I continue on in a much better place.

Where did all of the wisdom come from that lands here ---- must be true - shrink told me once that "overweight people try harder and over achieve, over compensate with their wit, intelligence, personality, patience, love, etc..." pick from a long line --- I see these things in people here everyday and the best part is as the weight goes away, all of these wonderful and highly developed qualities do not - because they are part of who we truly are---- FAT or thin!

I have a wonderful friend-- and I did reach out to her and ask her to come spend the day with me today JUST BECAUSE I KNEW I NEEDED HER. I am so much better at giving than asking for help!!! She came and we had a great day --- we are working on a list of 10 things we've never done before- and doing them together --- what a HOOT :lol: !!!! Today we went into :oops: an adult novelty store (call me naive :secret: but I never know what they're talking about on SEX IN THE CITY!), stopped and TALKED to a guy that does tattoos :shock: about how you actually get one (only in the thinking stages at this point) and inquired about buying a shiney red Mustang convertible :drive: --- the list is a work in progress as I am ---could also be mid-life crisis BUT BOY DID WE HAVE A LOT OF LAUGHS TODAY and they were not food or drink driven - so far by the grace of God I'm having another great MF day :) .... and so my friends, :buddies: life is good.

Thank you for being a part of my journey! :arrow:

5/1/05=279.6
shineface

Postby DutchChoc » September 23rd, 2004, 6:18 pm

Pam, glad you're doing well AND having fun. It isn't necessarily an "either/or" choice when on this program. Sometimes it's even like "have more fun" because one isn't doing the stuff to regret, but is continuing to drop the ounces and pounds from day to day (well, not me right now, but hopefully I will be soon again). I love knowing I haven't messed anything up from one day to the next -- I was always observing what I'd messed up and food was almost always involved or at the heart of things.

Thanks for the cool idea that we compensated and we still have those qualities fat or thin. I never thought of it that way - you're right!

Your idea of doing the list of things is good, too. I can say that I've become a better planner and organizer in my life, too, for example, because I don't seem to be as distracted and disinterested. I make little lists, too, of products that have interested me, say, fall makeup recommendations, etc that I come across and think I might try, or other lists of books to check out, etc, etc. You get it. It feels good to be living more purposefully, and it's all because I really do think I'm more sane right now without my bad habits dictating what goes on.

Nancy, thank you so much for bringing this group together and helping us succeed so we can be hoping this is our last time, too.

Take care and keep posting.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 23rd, 2004, 6:20 pm

Pam ~

What a veddy inta-resss-ting day you had! Very fun day to AVOID GRUB and have great excitement!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby shineface » September 24th, 2004, 9:17 pm

Nancy & DC---

Thanks for checking in with me ....Nancy you always make me smile - often laugh right out loud---could it be your turn of a phrase?---- by the way I saw some very intersting items in Leopard print when I went browsing yesterday..ahem.

OK DC - I GOTTA ASK... where in the world do you get the time to be on and reading and posting as much as you do --- I'm personnally thrilled because you add so much to this forum but YOU ARE EVERYWHERE and not with just a short sentence, thought or quip here and there - you really do post with constant and deep thought --- I just realized I hadn't gotten on here today and I really don't want to miss my daily commitment because that's all a part of how new habits are forged --- so here I am reading as much as I can and I see you everywhere sharing these wonderful pearls of wisdom --- good for you, good for me and good for this family - our forum.

I really gotta go nite-nite...

5/1/05=279.6
shineface

Postby TamiL » September 25th, 2004, 3:27 am

Pam
Its SOOOO good to read your posts again!! I am guilty of not getting on here nearly enough...but just have so much going on that If I can sneak in front of a computer...I have only had time to read and not respond as much as I would like too... :oops:
As all the other medifasters so full of wisdom had said in previous posts, when you fall down, the trick is getting right back up!! and YOU DID IT!! thats great!! I find that the times I strayed from my program were times that I wasnt "thinking clearly" such as being overtired...and not having that "lightbulb" moment that goes off in my head and asks "do you want to feel the guilt for this in the morning? or do you want to reach your goal"?!!! sometimes before I knew it..I was shoveling in my mouth anything I could find...weather it tasted good or not!! I/we will always have that Demon voice in us...the food demon, :twisted: he is always there..its just a matter of tuning him out when we need too!!

I joined the COUNTDOWN for new years...IM with you all.... :-P
Pam..I also think its a great Idea about your "list" of things to do that you and your friend put together....that sounds like fun...you gave me a great Idea of doing the same thing...with goals/dreams of my own!! ;)
When I started Medifast, you always inspired me, your posts were the ones I read FIRST!! and still are!! WE CAN GET TO OUR GOALS PAM...TOGETHER, and do all the things on our lists, with our heads held HIGH!! :D

DONT EVER GIVE UP!!
its all about progress..not perfection!!
HAPPY SHAKIN
Tam
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room