Just started today...Have I already messed up??

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just started today...Have I already messed up??

Postby tidsgirl » February 15th, 2005, 12:57 pm

Hi. I am so glad I found your group! I stumbled upon Medifast after hearing numerous commercials about a Clinic in my area that uses Medifast supplements. The clinic gave me their prices and a lot of "Must do this, that, etc" and follow our eating plan. They said to lose 20 lbs, I could get by with joining for a month. I really did not want to join their clinicl since I know what good eating is and I'd rather not drive an hour a week to weigh in...so, taking their advice that I would start with a 3 and 3 plan, I assumed 3 supplements and 3 good meals.
As I read the quickstart book that came with my order, I'm wondering if the salad (with a little cheese and lowfat ranch, and croutons) and broccoli I ate for lunch might not be allowed on the first three days.
Do I need to do the 4 and 1 for three days to get my body on the right track?
Thanks in advance!
Brooke
tidsgirl

Postby raederle » February 15th, 2005, 1:07 pm

Hi there!

Well, if you're under a doctor's supervision and she's telling you at the clinic to eat certain things, I'm not gonna contradict that. But the traditional MF plan basically only has two options: eating 5 MF supps a day plus ONE lean & green meal (veggies and lean protein only; no cheese, no croutons, no nuthin but low-starch veggies and a snort of low-cal dressing!), OR eating 6 MF supps a day ("full fast") with no real food.

If you're interested in learning about the traditional MF plan, I would check out the FAQ here-- it's extensive and explains the entire plan, basically. From there, you'll need to choose which way you want to go-- it's entirely up to you. But the MF plan we all follow here sounds pretty different from the one the clinic is using.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » February 15th, 2005, 1:50 pm

Thanks for clearing that up! I think the clinic I looked into it based on healthy eating with an option to use Medifast supplements. After I heard their joining fee of $300, I kinda quit listening!!!

I guess I will finish today with a lean & green meal and do better tomorrow!
Thanks for the response!!
Brooke

Postby raederle » February 15th, 2005, 2:09 pm

No problem! Just make sure you read as much as you can about the plan, because there are lots of little "tricks" that can make your life much easier on MF! One example is that you can have 2 cups of bouillion per day, which can help alleviate the woozy lightheadedness you might experience while losing potassium & sodium as you lose fat... Anywho, browse, read, ask questions, and poke around! We're glad you found us!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » February 15th, 2005, 3:01 pm

After I heard their joining fee of $300, I kinda quit listening!!!

Yeah, I would have also. This is the best support area bar none on the net, and it is FREE - no hitches, no hidden agenda. Most of us here will be glad to answer any and all of your questions, as we have all "been there done that"

My suggestion is join the group as a member. You can choose Nancy as your Advisor (send her an email once you are registered) and benefit fully for nothing.

Once you’re hooked, you’re hooked!!

Welcome.

Click here to become a member: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » February 16th, 2005, 9:53 pm

Dear Guest ~

There are a number of ways to use Medifast products. Some people use them for weight loss, some for good nutrition, some for disease control and others for weight management. We have a variety of programs. Primarily I discuss the weight management programs as that is where most of the interest lies. Some people on the Forum here need to lose a significant amount of weight like I did; others less than 15 pounds. The programs may differ, depending upon a person’s needs.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thanks!!

Postby tidsgirl » February 17th, 2005, 7:44 am

Thank you for the support! Nancy, I registered and am excited to be a part of this wonderful group!!
Thanks!!
Brooke
tidsgirl
First Post

Return to Come on in.