Just started

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby angelgirl » April 2nd, 2006, 8:31 am

Morning all... I have 2 days under my belt and I got on the scale for the first time and 4.5 pounds thinner!!! That's motivation right there. I also didn't wake up hungry like I did yesterday. Have a great day everyone. :lol:
angelgirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 2nd, 2006, 9:03 am

Great job! You can do it! You are on your way to 'thinville'! :bravo:

I've only been on the plan for 11 days, but I know I feel even better than I did on day 2 and 3! I also can turn down all of the goodies I thought I would have a difficult time being around (I have 3 children). I just keep telling myself "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"!!! :bananadance:

Congratulations and keep on keeping on! :treadjog:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » April 2nd, 2006, 11:32 am

AngelGirl ~

I am happy to hear your good report.

Yes, just eat every three hours. Even though we call this the 5 & 1, there may be days that a person works a lot longer than the average person and they may need a 6 & 1 or a 7 &1. Extra physical activity can mean we need another packet, too, especially if a person is burning a lot of calories.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » April 2nd, 2006, 12:54 pm

WELCOME ANGELGIRL! :wave:

I am also new - I have just completed my first week on MF and I have lost 7 lbs so far :cleader:

I am one of those fortunate people who actually like the taste of the MF shakes, oatmeal, and bars... although I do admit that the chicken noodle soup needs some "doctoring" - lol.

I have not cheated at all this week and glad I didn't. I really feel so much better and am in a size smaller jean already! My husband had noticed that my thighs and butt look smaller ;) and my family is all so proud of me.

I, like many, have tried every diet out there. I have done everything from Atkins to Zone (so - seriously from A to Z!) and this has really WORKED so far for me! Not only have I lost weight and inches, but I actually feel the cravings starting to subsude some (notice I said SOME). I am a food addict and know I will always have those cravings, but I now know that I can control what I choose to do. I am starting to realize when I am full (which is a new concept for me).

I also had headaches the first few days, Tylenols worked for me with a large glass of water. Others have said a cup of broth worked for them or celery with salt. Its your body detoxing from your old habits and getting use to new ones.

I know how hard it is to start a new "program"; But I also know how much harder it is to look at yourself in that mirror each and everyday and be obsessed with your weight (when there are so many other things in life to be concerned with).

I think we are all tired of constantly having to look to make sure that our tops are long enough to "cover" .... or to see that, yet again, we are the fattest woman in the room ... or - GOD - having to look everytime you go somewhere to make sure they have chairs that are big enough and not like bicycle seats on twigs!
I am just so proud of you for joining and making the committment to yourself to do this! :D

This is a great forum with freindly people who are all more than willing to cheer you on and help you when you have a question or a problem. We all understand because we are all in this together.

Good Luck to you!!

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 2nd, 2006, 1:26 pm

Chattie ~

You are off to a good start and yes! You ARE so right - those are all the things that I used to worry about, too. Now they are a memory but I will never forget how I used to feel and those memories keep me makng good choices!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Way to go!

Postby dede4wd » April 2nd, 2006, 2:26 pm

Way to go!

You're off and running, you're almost done with the WORST part of the program and it will be smooth sailing on the boat to thinsville soon! Keep us informed of your progress!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.