It's just a cookie!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

It's just a cookie!!!

Postby tnanock » June 10th, 2005, 8:22 am

When I go grocery shopping I buy snacks and things for the kids that I DON'T like so I won't be tempted. :) Well, my hubby went to the grocery store last night. I didn't help put up the groceries so I had no idea what he bought.

Well, I went in the kitchen to make my last shake of the day and I see my son eating my FAVORITE kind of cookie. :shock: I look around and see 3 or 4 of them laying on the table and see a HUGE open package of them. I could smell them, :bib: I could almost taste them.....I started trying to rationalize how I could eat one. I looked at the calorie count. I said to myself, "Well, if I eat one that's only 70 calories and 11 carbs. :scratchhead: I could eat the cookie instead of the shake." Then I thought, "But would I be able to stop at just one?" :question: Probably not. So I REFRAINED!!! :yes:

Shortly after that I went to bed and I was still thinking about that cookie!!! Then, I said to myself, :dohdoh: "Get a grip Kim.....It's just a cookie...it's not the last cookie in the world, it doesn't have any power over you unless you let it." :lightsword:

I think this was a real turning point for me. I have always rationalized my food indiscretions. I now am beginning to realize that it's just food....it is NOT my best friend, it is NOT anything but fuel for my body. And a cookie is NOT the best fuel for my body!!! :yay:

I hope that this is the first in a long line of turning points for me!!! :clap:
Kim

"Jesus loves you and God has a plan for your life."

tnanock
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby ljm498 » June 10th, 2005, 8:57 am

Kim that's AWESOME! Doesn't it feel great to begin to realize that you want to be healthy and thin more that you want that cookie and then be able to put that in to practice? It really sounds like you are on your way to to permanantly changing your old behaviors and that is a huge part of the battle. There will be other challenges, of course. But the each time you face it head on and make the right choice you will feel stronger and stronger because you know that YOU are the one who makes the decisions and YOU are the one with the power. Not the cookie! Not to say that we're never going to have a lapse or make the wrong choice. It will happen, it happens to everyone from time to time, but use this as a learning tool to say, yup, I didn't make the healthiest choice, but this doesn't mean all is lost and it doesn't mean I'm going to continue to make bad choices.

Way to go! You are doing great!!!!

Lynne
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 10th, 2005, 9:05 am

Kim-

GREAT JOB on avoiding the cookie! :mrgreen: I can relate. I have been to about 10 birthday parties with cake and ice cream since beginning MF- and not to mention Easter. The first 2 or so were more difficult. Now I have no struggles with them. I just tell myself that the cake is not part of my MF program. I no longer crave sweets either which is amazing considering I use to have a "sweet tooth" daily.

It's amazing how strong we can be when we start looking at this not as a diet but as a program to repair our health.

Angelia :-P
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Walks262 » June 10th, 2005, 10:24 am

TERRIFIC, Kim!
Now, put your Medifast halo on :angel:
Enjoy being in control. Enjoy the success it will bring!
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Emma » June 10th, 2005, 10:34 am

Great job with your choice! I was just reading the Success in A Shaker Jar book last night and one part relates to what you just did: "Postpone favorite foods" - you just remind yourself that you don't have to NEVER have that food, but you're just choosing to eat it at another time. Like hopefully when you're on Maintenance. :D

Emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 10th, 2005, 11:46 am

..............Kim.........WEIGH TO GO............ :yay: .........that cookie would never have tasted as good as you will be looking......... :yeah: ............keep up the great work.......... :clap:
donna.......dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » June 10th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Kim.
GREAT!!!
Don't you LOVE what you did for yourself last night!!
HOW COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't it the BEST feeling to know you can beat down temptation and persevere!!
I am PROUD of YOU!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby martha » June 10th, 2005, 8:47 pm

KIM----------

GREAT news about the cookie.. :lol: I know what you mean as my favorites are oatmeal raisin and my grandson was eating some fresh baked ones about 2 hours ago and I actually picked them up and smelled them 2times and they didn't smell good to me.. No one could believe it including myself :mrgreen: .. Congratulations on your sucess.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

It's just a cookie

Postby Jan » June 10th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Wow!! You did great not to eat that cookie - expecially when you were the only one looking -- I didn't nibble on strawberry-rhubarb pie the other day (it's my favorite pie) because my sister who is also on program was watching me!! I knew I had to set a good example :D My doctor helped me when he said we only gain control when we realize we only eat to live--- not Live to eat.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » June 14th, 2005, 7:29 am

KIM~~Good for you. You definitely made the right decision to not eat the cookie.

Keep Shakin' :dance: You're doing great.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » June 14th, 2005, 4:20 pm

hi kim :D

i love your post! :mrgreen: boy its hard when you smell the food you love so much! :twisted: i am thrilled to hear you were able to resist it and thanks for posting your success here for us all to share!

its only a cookie...it is not good fuel--perfect thought!

you go girl!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room