Just checkin' in

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Just checkin' in

Postby Lital » June 10th, 2006, 8:12 am

Good morning everyone.
Just feel the need to post & check in - so to speak. I know I don't need to but I guess I feel like checking the boards at least daily, if not more, keeps me connected to you all and to living healthy.

My first week went really well and I'm starting to gain control of what I choose to put in my mouth. I'm down 7 pounds - YIPPEE!! AND - I'm beginning to realize *why* I had been eating -- ok, constantly snacking -- so much over the last few years. I guess it ultimately comes down to control. My life was spinning out of control (not my family - thank god - they have been my rocks) but I was injured at work over 2 years ago and it was a huge mess culminating in surgury in January. I returned to work May 31st & started MF on June 2.

I now realize that I get to control how I choose to feel. I get to control what I eat. I cannot control how others around me choose to feel, nor am I responsible for what they choose to believe. ...... after reading what I wrote, it looks like a pretty selfish statement, I know. But maybe it's about becoming empowered to succeed, regardless of the setting around me. Maybe work should stay at work and that I shouldn't have let myself become lost in my job defining who I am.

Food is my addiction. I think I tend to have an addictive personality. This has been a very challenging week. But I made it through. And I have you all to thank. Even tho' I lurk more than I post, your support of one another has boosted me.

Cyber hugs,
~Li
Lital

Postby LovenElvis » June 10th, 2006, 8:43 am

Li, it is NOT selfish to think of yourself. That is what you need right now to get yourself back in control the way that you feel that you are in control.

By getting things back in control, the rest of your life will be in "your" control as well. Well that that is the way I like to look at it :) You will soon find that food doesn't control you..you just need the correct food to keep you going and it won't become a priority with you..

I felt like food was controlling me..I was sneaking and then snacking ALL THE TIME!!! Now, I just shake and go and realize that I'm content and that I don't need anymore then what I'm putting in.

Lurking is great...but you should post more as well!!! Let's get to know ya!!

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChiNut » June 10th, 2006, 11:17 am

Li, I totally agree with Laura. I think by putting everyone else first and not taking care of ourselves is how we all got this way. For once we need to be a little selfish and take of ourselves so that we are healthy to take care of others if need be.
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 10th, 2006, 11:32 am

Li~

You are doing so very well. You are not only losing but you are learning!

Keep this up and you will be at goal before you know it

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lital » June 11th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Thanks girls!!!
Wouldn't'cha know - yesterday after that post, we had company come over. I wasn't an angel :angel: .....
but I'm back on track today. And I do not feel guilty.
I've been on too many diets where I've felt like I had to quit just because I fell off the wagon. So - I dusted myself off and hopped back on. (I won't look at the scale for another few days. )

After all, we're in this for the long haul, right?

~Li
Lital

Return to The Weight Room