Saradanielle

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Saradanielle

Postby Unca_Tim » May 1st, 2010, 10:42 am

Hi Sara,
:wave:
Good to see you back at it...:)

saradanielle wrote:my friend just introduced me to an identical product and plan except its only shakes and bars but costs about $115 a month so when i run out of medifast im going to order that

No offense, but there is no other product that's beeen around nearly 30 years and has the clinical tests and reputation of Medifast.
Keep us posted,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby saradanielle » May 1st, 2010, 7:47 pm

my only thought of the day.... dang it would be so much easier if i lived alone and didnt have to have tempting food in the house at all! trying to cook for a hubby who loves gourmet food wasnt fun today. in fact i down right felt sorry for myself... o well.... its just food :)
saradanielle

Postby Karli » May 1st, 2010, 8:15 pm

I completely understand ! I think the feeling sorry for oneself is a phase though, especially right at the very beginning when you are suddenly unable to eat just anything anybody else is eating and such. Anyway, hope it was a successful day !
Last edited by Karli on May 2nd, 2010, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby saradanielle » May 2nd, 2010, 11:32 am

this week has been the longest of my life. my 2 litle girls caught the tummy flu. my oldest one ( 2years) recovered pretty fast but my little one ( 9 months) was the first to catch it last sunday and still isnt feeling too good. no longer vomiting but yesterday she was sooooo fussy! wouldnt let me put her down and cried all day long. the poor girl didnt sleep hardly at all last night ( me either). today isnt looking up so far.
my thoughts in my delerious exhaustion this morning were that all i really want to do today is eat.. seriously, i really just didnt want to do this anymore and even thought of giving up medifast cause its "too hard" . i thought eating would make me feel better and less tired. nsv i decided to walk away for 20 min, make a yummy cup of coffee and write in my journal... needless to say im over it now.. my little Lulu decided to bless me with a long nap too so i actually got some cleaning done during that time. ... i got to thinking though.. i think i have told myself the last 3 years that im overweight because of a thyroid problem. yes thats how i got there but i have 2 very thin friends who also have a thyroid problem... iv always said i dont have problems with food and im just fat because of something i cant help.. like maybe saying that makes me better than everybody else who does have a food problem... well guess what.. i thought about it a little.. and... i eat when im tired, i eat when im upset, i eat when im bored, i eat when im stressed.. haha! looks to me like im the same as everybody else who struggles with they'r weight. .. i think iv developed some of these issues just since becoming a stay at home mom... a whole new type of stress and boredom. :)
so today im going put a yummy roast in the crockpot for a fabulous dinner and be on plan. im going to enjoy several cups of coffee and put my little fussy girl in her pack on my back and try to get some things done around the house..
happy sunday!
:byebye:
saradanielle

Postby saradanielle » May 3rd, 2010, 2:39 pm

here is my dilema...i LOVE to run... if you read early posts you'll see my running history... iv been running for the last couple months and i feel like im finally getting somewhere. no pun intended :) . when im on medifast i feel so horrible if i excercise... when i run on mf i get migrains, feel dizzy and shaky and week for the rest of the day and get full blown nausious for the remainder of the day... iv tried adding an extra suppliment and no help there.. yes i want to lose weight but i also want to run. if i cant run while on medifast it doesnt work for me. i cant put my dreams on hold like that.. i need to run. it keeps me from going crazy in my crazy life. its the only thing i have that i do just for me. i know if i keep running and eat healthy i will eventually lose the weight it just doesnt come off as fast as when im strictly me-die fasting. ... so where is the balance? i logged 3 miles this morning and feel so horrible i want to die.. i think what im going to do is add an extra lean & green to my day like a 4 & 2 plan.. i dont want to justify eating more because medifast is hard, but i really need this in my life. running makes me feel better about myself, makes me healthier, makes me a better wife and mom, challenges my body and my mind, burns a ton of calories.. im going to give the 4&2 a try and see where it takes me. i desperately want to be 50 pounds lighter but my husband thinks im hot as i am and if i focus on what my body can do instead of what its not doing then i know i will lose the weight and be fit and happy and feel great about myself and my accomplishments at the same time. i lost 25 pounds training for my first marathon and i weighed 130 pounds at the time... so here goes... here is to health, happiness and endorphins!! :toast:
saradanielle

Postby oksoonergirl26 » May 4th, 2010, 8:48 pm

The 4 and 2 plan is what you need to do, and if you aren't drinking enough water be sure to get in at least 64 preferably more. I reached a point where I was exercising too much and the MF supplements weren't cutting it and unfortunately I haven't found a good balance between the two. I have never been and runner and have only been running for the past year, but it is the only exercise that really works. My center counselor told me to even add some more high protein, low-fat foods like cottage cheese and tuna to my diet as snacks or to go along with the supplements. I haven't tried it yet, but I am planning on it.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby saradanielle » May 9th, 2010, 12:58 pm

update: i got the stomach flu that my girls had.. bleh.. havnt been on plan since then. mostly cause my stomach has just been a bit off. havnt weighed myself but i dont feel like iv gained any weight.. feeling better now. going to start back on 4 & 2 tomorrow. summer is coming! i promised myself i would wear shorts this year! heading out this afternoon for a run. its a beautiful sunny day. i think im going to try for a 6 mile run with a park break half way through since i will have my little girls with me..
saradanielle

Postby Karli » May 13th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Hey Sara, how're you feeling and how's the 4/2 going ?
Karli

Postby saradanielle » May 15th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Hi Karli thanks for checking in with me...
things are going great! im running 5 or 6 days a week, sticking with 3 mile runs for now. i need to build up my endurance and for the next month im going to work on getting faster and more confident on the 3 miles. then when i have a nice milage base im going to train for a half marathon in september. i was going to do the full portland marathon but figured i should start reasonable since it has been about 3 years since iv been an avid runner. i know i have the mindset for it but i also tend to be an extremist and i think a half marathon is a good start for now...
iv been doing kinda my own plan but sticking to it religiously and while i havnt weight myself in a few weeks ( feels so great to be free from the scale) my clothes are looser and i feel fantastic. i have so much energy and i cant explain how happy i am now that im on a good running schedule.
for breakfast i either eat some scrambled egg whites or if its just not sounding good i will start right off with a mf suppliment. then if im hungary in a couple hours i will have a suppliment. for lunch i have a green salad with lots of spinach and veggies sometimes i add lean meet sometimes not. for dinner i eat either another salad with lean meat or veggies and meet.. if i run in the afternoon i have another suppliment right after. a mf shake is a great run recovery snack since it has a perfect mix of carbs and protein. i dont usually have anything after dinner. i dont use my modified plan as an excuse to eat other crap. im following this very good. i wish i could kick the sugar cravings though they constantly haunt me in the evenings :). if i just cant handle it anymore i will have a mf pudding or a sugar free jello pudding but i sometimes wonder if i just dont give in to the sweet cravings ( even healthy mf or jello) if they will eventually go away. when i give into that craving with a chocolate pudding it basically is just satisfying the craving until the next time.... hmmmm... any thoughts on that?
i hope everybody is having a super week! the weather is beautiful here this week! speaking of, babies are waking up from naps and we are off for a run on the riverfront!
until next time!
saradanielle

Postby oksoonergirl26 » May 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm

It sounds like you are figuring out what works for you! My brother-in-law lives in Portland and at one time the Portland full was going to be my first marathon, but I slacked off on training. I was hoping to get out there to run the Foot Flat half, but it's during 4th of July. I am happy that you are figuring out how to balance things, keep it up!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katieb920 » May 17th, 2010, 6:27 am

Wow That is fantastic Sara D.... I wish I liked to run. Hopefully I will be able to run. I need to get this weight off first. Hope you have a fantastic day.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby saradanielle » May 17th, 2010, 3:59 pm

I took my measurements today for the first time.. anybody know how often is good to measure? i wouldnt wanna do it too often and torture myself :lol:
saradanielle

Postby oksoonergirl26 » May 17th, 2010, 7:15 pm

I did it about every 2 months or once my clothes got really baggy. I would do once a month, but not anymore than that.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Karli » June 9th, 2010, 7:42 am

Hey Sara, how's it all going ? My goal right now is to lose this weight and then start exercising a bit again, which may or may not include some running at some point. Hope it's going well :).
Karli

Postby saradanielle » June 15th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Im still here!!!
wow busy month! we moved, new jobs, new house,new city, new friends, starting a new church, ear infections, bronchitis, ear infections again... the list goes on.
have not been on plan.. nope not even a little. running yes untill the last week and a half. not pigging out just not on plan.. have not gained weight but i have not lost any either.. bleh...
but!.... im on day 2 of 5&1 and actually rediculously excited about it... i have a friend nearby who started back on about 2 weeks ago so i kinda have a buddy to do it with. i just figured no more excuses. i mean really. if i would have stuck with it 6 months ago and not found an excuse to stop then i would still be 30 pounds lighter and i would most definately have met goal by now..
so here i am, excited to do this for the long term until im where i wanna be. yay!
starting weight monday morning 204. havnt weighed since but i may tomorrow.
saradanielle

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal