Joint Health Shakes

Questions/Comments about Joint Health Products.

Joint Health Shakes

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 9:01 am

Nancy, I know you're out of town, but I do have a question about the Joint Health shakes. I have osteoarthritis in both knees and no cartilage at all. This has been going on since 2000. I'm slated for two knee replacements when I get the weight off. My question is will the Joint Health shakes help someone with knees as bad as mine? I know cartilage cannot be rebuilt once it's gone, but I am experiencing pain from osteophytes (bone spurs), from my knees being bone on bone.

Do you think the shakes would help my arthritis at least. My knees are getting worse and pretty soon I will need a cane or a wheelchair (over my dead body!) Thanks!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2005, 2:18 am

Sorry I missed this post, darlin' - Folks, if I don' reply to one of your questions in a timely manner, PM me - okie dokie?

The Medifast Plus Joint Health shakes contain a very pure quality of glucosamine and chondroitin. Research shows that glucosamine actually does make the joints more elastic, it may increase the range of motion and help to make the joint more flexible. It is believed to slow the deterioration of the joint and possibly even reverse the damage. Chondroitin can draw moisture into the cartilege and helps to protect the joint from further damage.

My joints have improved greatly, Jene - of course some of it is due to taking a 135 pound excess load off of them! As my weight dropped, my activity level increased and exercise is good for arthritis.

During the weight loss phase, you may have 1-3 Medifast Joint Health Shakes in place of the regular Medifast 55 or 70 shakes.

Unca Tim, favorite Techmeister of the MakeMeThinner Cottage has never had a weight problem - just a wait problem: he can't wait until his next meal! Just Kidding...don't :tomato: throw 'maters at me, UT and no :hammerhead: noggin noogies either! Even though he has enjoyed life-long slenderness and slim waistedness, he has lousy joints - he blew his back from doing hard manual labor and he drinks a double Joint Health shake daily. So once a person reaches a healthy weight, they may use 1-3 Joint Health shakes a day for disease control.

Our daughter's aging Lhasa Apso laps up a French Vaniller Joint Health Shake a day - it keeps her tail waggin' and she's happy all the time.

Jene, I'm not just fillin' your ear - it works! We have a lot of clients that use Medifast Plus Joint Health.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 9th, 2005, 8:36 am

Is there any prophylactic benefit for those of us who, thank goodness, don't have arthritis?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 9th, 2005, 10:00 am

When I first stopped by the MMT cottage on my way back to Canada almost 2 years ago now, I literally could not pull my hands out of my pockets because of arthritis (or something) in my shoulders. I had to grab my wrist with my other hand to pull my hand out of my pocket. That range of motion was totally gone.

After seeing Nancy and Terry's fabulous weight loss success, I heard that Medifast also had a product for joint health. I started with 3 a day, and began noticing a difference in about 10 days. After 2-3 weeks I could raise my arms about level horizontally, where as before I had ZERO mobility. After a couple months of 3 shakes a day, I had full range and "almost" no pain. I cut back to 2 a day around month 3 and continue to have 2 a day today. I'm almost pain free now, have full range and gaining my strength back. Now that i can actually move again, I just need to get to the gym to strenthen my shoulders up even more.

I also have a squashed disc in my lower back that has troubled me for years that is considerably better since I started Medifast. I'd recommend it to anyone that has stiff or sore joints. Like any of the Medifast plans, I like to say. Give it 30 days and see what happens.

Whatta you got to lose?
Flabbage - Joint Pain

I'll be a Medi-Lifer with my Joint Health shakes.
Makes me feel like a kid again, having a shake for breakfast...
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby jene115 » February 11th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Well, you've convinced me. Once again, I have to change my order! lol

I wish they come in the banana flavor, will that ever happen?

I have no cartilage whatsoever in my knees. I get tendonitis in my left elbow when I do upper body workouts. My knees are starting to give out on me. They've been bone on bone for over 5 years now. But the stiffness is the worst. On an hour drive to and from work, getting out of the car is difficult. If I sit at my desk and don't get up for an hour, my knees are so bad, I have to hold onto the desk and bookcase to get up. If this stuff works, I will personally fly to Owings Mill, MD and kiss their feet!
Last edited by jene115 on February 11th, 2005, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 11th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Sorry Kid, so far, no 'nanner flavor...

but...you could order the Vaniller Joint Health, add some sugar-free 'nanner flavor syrup to the Vaniller awww...monkey heaven! :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby jene115 » February 11th, 2005, 11:01 pm

Hey, who are you calling a monkey? :tomato: :x GRRRRR

Okay, I have to get to bed now. I've been up for 19 hours!

Tomorrow I will order my DaVinci syrups to disguise the vanilla flavor. I'm just not that big on chocolate (yes I'm a little weird, as I've been told). :roll:
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Postby montana1963 » April 1st, 2006, 8:55 pm

yummy sugar syrups... who woulda thought.. LOL
CURVY VIXEN ON A MISSION!
montana1963

Return to Joint Health