Janae

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Janae » July 14th, 2006, 2:20 pm

Diana...thanks for your reply to my journal. I do feel like I am back in ketosis again. I did the 6-0 plan for the first three days and I think that helped. I really did not have much of a physical struggle...a few light headaches. But...my struggle has much more been a mental one...flipping that switch in my brain and thoughts to my "MF mode". BTW, I think I said it in your journal- but I really do appreciate you on these boards and the leadership you offer. You and Mike are going to be (are)great HA's!

Sharon...thanks so much for the kind words! I read your posts all the time...and I have viewed the photos of your family several times. I would love to give little Desiree a loving squeeze...she is just adorable...and I love babies!!! All my children came to me ready-made (step children!)

I am looking forward to hearing all about the fair experience for you and Mike and Diana and....Dayna...and all the others who may be helping. What an opportunity to share the TSFL story.

Today is Day 4 on my "start-again". I am doing fine. No rash at this point. I still look like I am peeling after a sunburn from the last rash...but so far, so good. Tonight I will eat my first meal since starting again. I did the 6-0 for discipline's sake. But, this weekend I sing and play at a wedding and tonight is the rehearsal, with dinner to follow. So, I will eat my L & G there.

Next...getting through tomorrow with eating my L & G at the dinner and turning my back on the cake!!! What is it that you say about cake, Dayna? I will try to remember that!!! Actually, I will probably be more tempted by the mixed nuts...

Oh...and Lizabette...the avatar is all for you!!! I would not have done it without encouragement! My next step will be posting before pictures...haven't had the fortitude yet!

Thanks to Lizabette and Diana for the prayers! I know they make the difference! The journey looms long before me...but, thanks to so many glowing examples from so many of YOU...I know it is do-able.

Time for my DH and I to head to the rehearsal. Where's my water bottle.....?

Janae
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » July 14th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Do you wanna babysit for a uhhh week or so?? lol...she is so much work, more than I had imagined!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 14th, 2006, 3:10 pm

So glad to see that your rash has not magically reappeared. Best of luck to you!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Janae » July 14th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Sharon....just let me live close enough...I'll take that sweet girl for a time to give you a break! I laughingly say that I have a "baby holding quota"...and I am way down on that right now! All the babies around me are growing up! I hear you on the work, though. I know how exhausted I would be when I would keep one of my toddler nephews for a weekend...I loved it...but, I would collapse in a chair when they left! So, though I can't totally relate...I admire you! And as I have heard so many times...they do grow up so fast and as she gets older it will get a little easier! (Don't you love the way people who do not have children of their own can give you such advice about raising them!!! :D )

Thanks, Ark...I am keeping a positive attitude...I am positive I do not want that rash again!!! :-P

OK...tonight I ate some salad at the rehearsal dinner and I discovered some things I did not realize were there...It was mainly greens and mushrooms and red cabbage. But, I found some sunflower seeds in the bottom...ate about 10 of them and then what I thought was some of the cabbage was actually sun dried tomatoes. I only had about three small bite-sized pieces...Otherwise, things went pretty well. I have never looked at sun dried tomatoes (nutrition label)- but I can't imagine they would be allowed...fortunately there weren't many in there.

Off to bed now...trying to drink some more water before bed...even though I normally try to do it earlier...I tire of those multiple trips in the night...you know the ones I'm talking about!! ;)

Wonder how opening day at the fair went?

:snooze: Good night!
Janae
Janae

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 18th, 2006, 11:35 am

Hi Janae,
Just checking in to see how you're doing!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Janae » July 18th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Thanks for checking, Dede!

I have not posted here for a few days...because I have developed a rash again...only in a couple small areas...so...my great doctor is still working to figure out a reason other than MF. I am still on the program...will continue so we can see if this spreads or NOT!

I am grateful for a good doctor...I am grateful to be continuing for now...I will do what I need to for my health. What I want to do most is lose the weight with MF!

I am not getting on the scale right now. I have enough stress and I think if the numbers are not moving steadily down...I would just get discouraged enough to say, forget it. So...to keep that from happening...I am not weighing. I will wait until all of this levels out.

Meanwhile...my husband is gone for the week...so I think I will jet up to Milwaukee and have dinner tonight with Dede and Lori!!! Am I too late?? ;)

Janae
Janae

Postby Karli » July 18th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Hi Janae, sorry to hear about the rash coming back. I do hope this gets figured out so you can experience the kind of success you would like with the program !! You have been so incredibly encouraging to me and to others, and I certainly wish you well as this whole thing gets figured out.

Best wishes,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Janae » July 19th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Thanks again Karli for your encouragement.

I am just continuing on plan. I am not having a hard time with it...it almost seems to be auto-pilot right now. Of course, my husband is out of town and that means there is no extra cooking going on and I only have to grab my packets and L & G as needed. I have been keeping the L & G really simple. Like, cottage cheese and some raw veggies.

I am in a strange emotional place. I want to be able to look at MF and know that I can commit to it long term. But, the rash and other health issues are really in the way of that. The strange thing is...I have thought I was doing the best possible thing for my health...now I am not sure.

I know that losing weight is something I need to do and that doing so WILL improve my health. I just want the MF path to be without issues...I just want to deal with the regular stuff like temptation or plateaus or which packets I like best...

OK...whining moment is over! Something about "big girl panties" just flew across my thoughts... :lol: We all have our issues...I read everyday on this forum of people with all kinds of different problems with their lives...but, we are all striving to just "do it" Because, the issues are just life. And dealing with life without it being about food/diet/weight/bad body image...is what I am trying to learn through this process.

I need to practice the concept of dealing with whatever life hands me at the level on which it comes to me.

For now...I am too tired to be analytical. And my oatmeal cookies were two hours ago...so...I had better just go to bed! Tonight I'm sleeping single in a double (queen size) bed! I can handle it; I did that for many years...but, that is a long story for another time! (I do miss you, Baby!)

Till later-
Janae
Janae

Postby Serendipity » July 20th, 2006, 5:35 am

Janae wrote: We all have our issues...I read everyday on this forum of people with all kinds of different problems with their lives...but, we are all striving to just "do it" Because, the issues are just life. And dealing with life without it being about food/diet/weight/bad body image...is what I am trying to learn through this process.

I need to practice the concept of dealing with whatever life hands me at the level on which it comes to me.

I've decided to point out great attitude when I see it......you definately qualify today, Janae!!!!!! Wonderful insite.

Hey everyone! Janae has a great attitude!!!!!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Janae » July 21st, 2006, 6:03 am

Jo, I really appreciate the kudos! Especially from such a mentor!

This morning I got up and had the unusual urge (unusual recently) to go ahead and weigh. So...I have a digital scale and...I also have a bit of a balance issue at times...due to some bone being removed from my foot...anyway...I am normally fine, but when I try to stand still for a few seconds on that little bitty platform...it is a challenge for me.

So...after waiting a few weeks to weigh, I get on the scale and it comes up "Err" (Error!) So, I try it six more times...doing everything I know to do to be still (except grab on to some furniture or the wall) and I still get Error!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: So...it is a good thing it is not ROll call day...I don't know how to calculate Error into my ticker!!!!!

I finally gave up and decided it was not meant for me to know my weight yet! I'll try again next time I have the urge...but it does take some of the magnetism away from the scale...to know it refuses to communicate a number to me!!!!

Observation: I find that if I drink a bottle of water as soon as possible after waking each morning, it seems easier to get my water in. I guess it starts the day off correctly. It also helps curb my desire for coffee first thing in the morning. I have begun making my coffee with only one third regular and two-thirds decaf. It allows me to have a few cups per day...but still gives me some of the regular coffee flavor I enjoy so much (M-m-m- Starbucks Sumatra!!!) I am co-owner of an espresso coffee shop...so I love espresso...but, I live in a different town than the business is in and therefore it is not a daily temptation. I usually have decaf espresso...

We also have shaved ice and I posted about that a few months ago. If you have not had the shaved ice (sugar free, of course)...it is such a great treat. You must try it...you must seek one out in your area. Honestly, we have some sugar free fruit flavors that...when given a nice stir and eaten with a spoon taste just like a fresh fruit sorbet! Of course, I am prejudiced, but I think ours are the greatest...the flavors are so strong and real tasting. I will be spending the first half of August at my main office and I will take advantage of this by having a shaved ice every afternoon. I like Marguerita Sunrise...a lime flavor syrup (SF) and then a bit of fresh lemon juice is drizzled over the top. I don't think there is a better treat in the heat than this. It is not a traditional snow cone. It is served in a cup with a spoon. You can also get the "snow" or ice only and add your own...either SF Davinci syrup or sprinkle it with Crystal light powder. We actually have a flavor called wedding Cake...and even SF, it is amazing...it really tastes like white cake with icing! And, Dayna...it does not make you break out in fat!!!!! :lol:

I guess the 100+ temperatures have me fantasizing about these. I believe it would be on plan...I would call it my snack for the day. But, it is just ice and SF syrup. OK...I am trying to move on....!!

My husband get home tonight...hooray, it's time!!! He'll be exhausted from four straight 16 hour days...we will probably sleep in tomorrow. That is one thing I still find with MF...I seem to need plenty of sleep. I still have not found myself in a place of tremendous energy. But, it is not anything difficult to deal with. I am just hoping that one day I will open my eyes and leap out of bed ready to conquer the world and then look for a new task the following hour!!! Maybe I'm expecting too much????!!!!

I am constantly awed by the people here who are just continuing to faithfully do the program and they consistently are losing and reporting NSV's and making this happen in their lives. Despite the day to day bumps (reported in various forms by most)...the bottom line is the plan works. SO, I try to take a daily look at the BIG picture...and, despite my own bumps (literal bumps!! :) ), the bigger picture says it will happen, it is happening. My muffin tops, my jelly rolls, my bagle buns...and my fatty mindset...they really are...all...shrinking!

It's Friday...it's supposed to be at least five degrees cooler today....and I'm on MF!!! Woo Hoo!! 8)

Janae
Janae

Postby Janae » July 21st, 2006, 10:37 pm

Interesting observation today...I lost several pounds a few years ago on a modified Atkins plan. There were a few foods that were low-carb that I used to reach for when I felt the urge to snack on that plan. I found myself reaching for those same things today...like an old habit resurrected. The foods are low carb, but definitely not on MF plan. On the old plan they were "OK" and I found myself today having to check myself from thinking they were "OK" today!!!! I want to program myself just as solidly in the MF ways...so months and years later...it's still "reflex"!!

My morning chocolate shake is really yummy with some cold coffee, just a little ice and a splash of SF hazelnut syrup. I think when I get back to my coffee shop business, I will experiment with using the snow with shakes...maybe pour an RTD over it...with some SF almond or SF caramel syrup. H-m-m-m-.... And maybe the chocolate shake with some cold espresso......oh, the possibilities!

Hubby is delayed another day on his job out of town. FInishing the project means staying one more day. :cry: Hurry home, Baby.

J

J
Janae

Postby Prancer » July 22nd, 2006, 6:47 am

Oh that stinks that he is going to be home late. Especially with how much you were looking forward to see him.

Sounds like you are doing fun things with your shakes. I need to find some sf syrups.

You are doing great and your attitude and friendship are helping me stick to it too!
Prancer

Postby Diana » July 22nd, 2006, 9:47 am

Holy blizzard, Janae!!! Now I'm going to have to go see if there's a snow cone stand at the fair somewhere!! (drooldrooldrool)

I like mixing a packet with decaf as my midmorning "treat" at school. My favorite is the French Vanilla, but one day I grabbed a Banana Creme instead -- pretty tasty!! Mike and I keep a variety of DaVinci SF syrups on the counter with pumps for when the urge to create leaps upon us. (He gets more creative than I do.)

Here's to cooler weather and yummy ice and coffee "treats!"
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Janae » July 26th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Just a quick note here...I am still struggling with the rash. It is here, but at this point, not with symptoms as severe as they became last time. So- I am marching on with the Medifast. I am not sure what day I am on and my occasional scale visits show little further loss...but, I persevere!

I will continue unless my doctor tells me a final "no". He has been great to try and work with me on this. Just can't figure out a cause. I would just live with it...as long as things don't get like they were before...I won't go into the details.

The day is sunny, we are finalizing the colors for the new house, my next meal is due...and I am counting my blessings today! Sharon, is it too early for Thankful Thursday? :)

J
Janae

Postby Janae » July 29th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I was happy to see the scale move downward this morning...for the first time in awhile...I am seeing "new" numbers again. That is good. I think I was having the plateau that commonly happens Week 3-4-or 5. WHatever- it is nice to see the scale move again.

Just in time to get away from it...because I am joining the party of folks who are not going to weigh for the month of August. I think I can do it...I can understand those who have just started or are close to goal or are close to a mini-goal like Onederland...I see why they might not want to do it! But...I have plenty of digital numbers to get through before any of those things...So, for me, it is sort of a diversion of sorts. Plus, I really like the larger losses....and I won't miss seeing the daily fluctuations.

Rash? Still there...trying to ignore it! Do you know how hard it is to ignore itching??? G-r-r-! But, itching only leads to more itching...so...I am trying to ignore it!

I posted to try and trade my Cream of Broccoli...I just can't seem to make it tase good. I think it has to do with this really yummy cram of broccoli soup that my mom makes...with cheese and little noodles...it is yummy. But, I just can't (legally) get the MF Cr of B to taste that way!!!

My favorite right now is oatmeal. The usual way....or I have found a new way to bake it. I make up the recipe for the cookies and make it pretty thin, spreading it in one big cookie on the cookie sheet.. Then, I bake it at 380 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Then, I take it out and turn it over with a spatula and put it back in and turn off the oven. I leave it for 3-4 more minutes. It really dries out....but- at least parts of it are really CRISPY! Yay! Now....if I could just add some chocolate chips, raisins or pecans...I think I could really get it to be great!!! :roll: Just kidding!

L & G tonight was grilled meat and grilled zucchini! That is good stuff!! I need to grill more veggies.

Just had a thought...I showed a loss on the scale this morning and yesterday, I really tried to push the water. I need to do that more!
Janae

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal