Interesting Article......

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Arklahoma » June 2nd, 2006, 3:08 am

Very good article.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » June 2nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

My new adopted "son in law" is a MD. We were having an interesting discussion a couple of days ago. He is a big fan of MF. He told me that if we could lesson or eliminate the weight related illnesses then medicine could make huge steps forward in dealing with other non-weight related problems. Weight related illness consume many many hours of doctor's time. MF is trying to get America healthy one person at a time!! You should all give yourselves a big pat on the back for doing the best thing possible for yourself and your health.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » June 3rd, 2006, 12:04 pm

Your SIL is very smart. So many medical professionals are reactive to illness. America really needs to be much more proactive and then we could prevent tons of health-related issues. Unfortunately, many insurance plans, HMO's, and PPO's don't pay for preventative services (or very little) so people don't give them high priority on their to-do list. We MF'ers are going to be the healthiest American's around!!!

:woohoo:
Arklahoma

Postby Diana » June 4th, 2006, 2:16 am

:weightlift: :goofyjump: :treadjog: :bananadance: :sheepjump: :exercise: :cleader: :jumprope: :stroll:

Yep! One shake at a time! :mrgreen:

You know, it doesn't make sense to me that some health plans will pay for a gastric bypass but NOT medifast! Go figure!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 4th, 2006, 2:25 pm

I know, it's crazy. Personally, my health plan pretty much won't pay for either. I'm paying for all this out-of-pocket b/c my health plan will only cover like 20% of the entire diet but I have to go through their doc and use their food which I totally don't want to do.
Arklahoma

Return to The Weight Room