Instant Gratification

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Instant Gratification

Postby joysea » September 26th, 2005, 7:18 am

I have been thinking about this a while. Before Medifast, I used food to instantly give me a "natural" high in times of some form of emotional turmoil.

Now, I gravitate daily toward the scale to offer the same kind of feeling.

For me, I can no longer do that. For when
that number doesn't give gratification (even though it might be because of a plateau or water retention or just a slow week), I (in a typical food addict mode) go searching for a food reward to get that same kind of "buzz" that I didn't get immediately from the digital FRIEND (or so I thought at the time.)

Thus, it is going to be once a week, at the offical roll call on Sunday, that I monitor my progress....yes, I know there are other ways...loose clothing...monthly body part measuring...but there is nothing so exhiliarting as seeing that number go down!

What do you all think?

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 27th, 2005, 11:11 am

Joyce.... :hmmm: ........I have been pondering over this for awhile now...... :scratch: .........I agree... :bouncie: ...for me it is the best high seeing the scale go down............ I really never thought of my turning to food as a "high".........I don't know that I ever got a buzz from it..........I do know it does send me into oblivion when I overdose on sugar...... :uhuh: ......as well as i'm sad when the scale moves east..........thanks for giving me something to think about....or work on.... :scratchhead: ...i'm still thinking this one over........... :hug: .............
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » September 27th, 2005, 8:38 pm

JOYCE--

Thanks --I needed to read that for myself too..I like Donna will be thinking about this one ...I use to weigh just so I could remind myself it was working :oops: Go figure..I wear a different size but that thought is still there lurking in my mind--am I losing?? can anyone really tell?? I too get a rush seeing the numbers go down!!!-- thanks again for something new to think about...Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 27th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Sometimes I use the scale as an inscentive to continue on when i have a moment of weakness. I agree this can become and obsession. I hope I spelled that right...Too bad we don't have spell check on here..lol...Anyway, I think you are all right that it is time we get a personal high in what we are doing for our health no matter what the scale says. This is the healthiest I have been in 10 years and I also weigh the most I have in 10 years...Make sense?
Lisa Renee

Postby dlr2424 » September 28th, 2005, 11:34 am

Lisa..........don't ever worry about spellcheck.............the people on this forum are so busy supporting each other that they don't even look at the spelling..or should I say.call attention to it............unless of course we are cracking on someone............just keep doing what you do great..........shaking it up that is...... :mrgreen: ....

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby joysea » September 28th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Lisa wrote:

Anyway, I think you are all right that it is time we get a personal high in what we are doing for our health no matter what the scale says.

You are right on, strawberry...that is exactly what I was trying to formulate in my mind.

BTW, Donna, that "oblivion" you mentionned is the exact effect that sugar provided in my former life! But no more!

Thanks for all the "feed"back!

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 28th, 2005, 3:52 pm

joysea wrote:BTW, Donna, that "oblivion" you mentionned is the exact effect that sugar provided in my former life! But no more!

Joyce

Well Joyce ...........from your quote........"in my former life"..... :glasses: ..... stood out to me like ...... :hmmm: ......well I have no comparison....... :bouncie: ......but it JUMPED out at me....... :scratchhead: .......so I SHOULD or WILL take on the "FORMER LIFE" frame of mind...... :yeah: ..........each time I think about a slippery sugar slope I will state....... :coach: ......."OH that's right ..... :nonono: .....I don't eat that stuff anymore.... :yes: ......that was in my former life"....... :whistle: ....I'm just practicing............

P.S. Thank the Lord for small favors..... :bananadance: ..The emoticon page is now up & running..... :yes: .....(I was starting to have withdrawels not being able to color my posts)

Donna....dlr2424

dlr2424

Return to The Weight Room