Humble Request

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Humble Request

Postby nickieluv » January 12th, 2009, 6:35 am

Hi there fans. :lol:

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who'd be willing to be my anti-temptation partner. I'm looking for somebody who is home most of the day, like I am, so I wouldn't be interrupting you at work. I might never need it, but I'm trying to find someone who would let me call them or even just text message them when I'm feeling like going off plan and my husband isn't home, to talk me down.

I know this is a weird request, especially from me since I'm big on the 'no personal information' thing. I have people in my family on the diet, but none I would want to talk with about something like this. My husband is great but he's not a girlfriend. And my one girlfriend has three kids and works full time so even though I'm sure she'd be supportive, she's not very available.

If there are any takers, could you pm me? And it's OK if there aren't any - I'd be reluctant to share my contact info, too. Thanks for reading.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 12th, 2009, 6:38 am

Girl I work out of the home 3 days a week. And I am mostly in the car on the other day. AND I LOVE TO TALK> so yes you can call my cell anytime.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

?

Postby gillian » March 17th, 2009, 10:04 am

Ill give you my cell number too if you are still seeking a buddy...
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » March 18th, 2009, 9:26 am

Thanks - I'm off the plan at the moment, seeking the drive to succeed. But I'm going to be back on before April even if I do have to force myself. At some point all the indulgence becomes ridiculous....
nickieluv

understood

Postby gillian » March 19th, 2009, 12:07 pm

I told myself stupidly that I was going off plan from thanksgiving to Christmas. Well, that turned into New Years, then my daughters birthday, then Valentines Day. Told my ex that I was struggling with the same 12 pounds and he asked if I was sure I only gained 12 cause my pants had ripped on my butt. I was devastated when I looked at my pants, and sure enough, they were so stretched out that they ripped right at the top of the pockets in the back, and small holes the size of dimes showed my awful white panties. (Black cords) THEN i was invited out, realized I had no jeans that really fit, went to Ross, and bought a two digit size that made me realize i am out of control. Been back on for two days, lost two pounds can only afford one month so wont mess around... Yeah, lets talk about indulgence. Please. I don't want to wear a moo-moo (however u spell it) Easter Sunday morning. Don't want my kids to have to help me up when im 80. Have you noticed that FAT, OLD PEOPLE do not exist? Sick of chocolate cake. Sorry for the rant.
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » March 19th, 2009, 7:30 pm

I hear ya. I'm finally out of maternity clothes but only because I broke down and bought bigger sizes. And I'm learning you can only eat sugar for so long before you actually crave vegetables. I'm not trying to start right now because I know it would be futile with my schedule the way it is from now until next Friday - but I'm laying the groundwork. I may still be in a muu-muu (I think? Or one 'u?') for Easter but hopefully not by July 4th. :lol:
nickieluv

lets just get it done

Postby gillian » March 20th, 2009, 3:49 pm

You've been around here a long time... Lets just get it done. I never want to post a post like that again, you know, begging myself to do the right thing...
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » March 20th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Yes, it's been a long time - and most of it good. This last several months though has been exhausting. There's still time for a lot of progress before summer gets here. I've got at least five months I can devote to this and 3/30 is going to be my day 1. I am preparing for it and trying to get myself excited about it, like I should be - because it really is exciting to take control and get your life back. I am going to spend all of spring and summer posting losses every week, just you wait and see!
nickieluv

2gether

Postby gillian » March 20th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Lets do it together.
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » March 20th, 2009, 7:43 pm

I think I'm there with you. Tomorrow will tell for sure, but I'm just about raring to go!
nickieluv

Postby brandy820 » March 21st, 2009, 5:50 am

I'm with you both! I really will need a gal pal in this..... I think I will be starting on Monday! 3/23 it is.
brandy820

Postby sidrah » March 21st, 2009, 3:22 pm

I am free all weekend!! I work a lot, but at nights and on weekends, I am open. If anyone is in the Phx. area during hr week, feel free to use me if needed to vent. And hey, weekends are free long distance, so that's a plus!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Holy Crap!!!

Postby gillian » March 23rd, 2009, 10:22 pm

This is awesome!!! We can do it!!! Nancy always says that nothing tastes better then skinny feels. She is right. All the food will still be around in a few months, lets get HEALTHY and smoken' hot. I feel so motivated...
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room