How to get back on the program after falling off :(

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

How to get back on the program after falling off :(

Postby Patty » July 17th, 2007, 10:24 am

Hi everyone -

I have been posting sporadically...after having great success for the first few weeks, I have fallen off the plan - hard :cry: A million reasons but no reason good enough - a million excuses but none really....

I am having trouble getting back on plan...and need help...any suggestions?

Thank you
~Patty~

Back on track - 11/23/07

Patty
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby CaribGirl » July 17th, 2007, 10:57 am

Just one meal at a time....
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby bikipatra » July 17th, 2007, 11:06 am

CaribGirl wrote:Just one meal at a time....

ditto. Maybe make your meals 2 or 2.5 hours apart instead of 3 when you are most likely to go off plan.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » July 17th, 2007, 11:52 am

I don't know if this is an approved way.....but I would just do MF food as often as you need to in order to get through the day without eating off plan. Have your L & G and if you need to take a bit more protein......and have 6 or 7 or even 8 supplements throughout the day if you feel overwhelming hunger. If you don't allow yourself to eat off program foods when hungry, hopefully you will break the cycle of being off program.

As I mentioned......I don't know if this is something that an Health Advisor would recommend or encourage you to do......it is just my guess at what might help.

I hope you can do it!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Mike » July 17th, 2007, 12:32 pm

I wouldn't recommend that, but in a slightly different way..... if you are having troubles getting back on, perhaps in lieu of the L&G have 7-8 replacements. Or the L&G and 6 replacements until you get back into the fat burning state. Sometimes extra pickles or SF popscicles help.

Keep at it and you will get there.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mickeyz » July 17th, 2007, 12:42 pm

Hi Patty,

I know it can be hard to get back on the wagon, but you can do. You have to get through those first few days. Like Mike said, add an extra supplement if you need. Get heavy in to positive self talk and just take things a couple hours at a time. Don't beat yourself up over your slips, keep the future in mind. You know this works and you are worth every effort to get yourself where you want to be.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz

Postby DogMa » July 17th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Try checking out the Studio for some inspiration. Other than that, I think you just have to make yourself do it and take it a few hours at a time at first (like everyone else said). You can stick to anything for three hours, right?

Some of this depends on WHY you're having trouble, though? Are you hungry? Are you craving other foods? Are you just not preparing for your day and making sure you always have something to eat with you? Is there a specific time of day when you lose your resolve?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » July 18th, 2007, 4:16 pm

Hmmmm,
Fell right off the program huh?? It can be hard to get going again... that's exactly why I never recommend a client takes a "little vacation". I really don't know why some people can go right back and others struggle.. but it certainly is the case. It doesn't seem to correlate with how long you've been on program either. I've had people on program for months who take a little "foody journey" and have a horrible time getting going again. Set your mind to it... remember the first three days will be the most difficult ( once again). It you have to have an extra suppliment during those days .. it won't hurt you at all. The balance is still there. Sometimes an accountability system works. If you are really struggling you may have to do it hour by hour ... a little symbol ( I love the happy face) which rewards you for making it thru the hour. Once you have several of those little "guys" down there .. it's difficult to not be able to put the next one down. I used to use my calendar and put my "happy face" on every day I was totally compliant. I loved seeing the months of little happy faces.
Set your mind, realize it takes determination and go for it!! I'll be watching.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » August 1st, 2007, 9:50 pm

I did the happy face stickers on my calender for each day I was compliant. The next thing you know, the whole month was filled up. I am going to start that again! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 2nd, 2007, 4:28 am

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:I did the happy face stickers on my calender for each day I was compliant. The next thing you know, the whole month was filled up. I am going to start that again! :mrgreen:

I needed an excuse to go to CVS today anyway and now I have one. Now I don't know if I want faces or stars or maybe they will have something even cuter!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » August 2nd, 2007, 2:50 pm

bikipatra wrote:
hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:I did the happy face stickers on my calender for each day I was compliant. The next thing you know, the whole month was filled up. I am going to start that again! :mrgreen:

I needed an excuse to go to CVS today anyway and now I have one. Now I don't know if I want faces or stars or maybe they will have something even cuter!

Ummmm, I think I need to get some more cute stickers too!! (Just my excuse to go shopping too biki! I still have lots of stickers here, but hey, what's a few new ones to brighten up the calendar!) :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room