Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BabyTrace » August 30th, 2007, 8:50 am

Good for you on resisting the chocolate. That was very rude of her to bring it into your office knowing you are on a diet. Then again, after what you've already said about this woman it is not surprising. It sounds like you had a positive effect on her.
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 30th, 2007, 8:55 am

Yeah Trace, she can be very rude at times. I got another hair comment on the way and I wondered why I ever talk to her at all. Her hair is short and she is wearing a hairpiece today (color doesn't match as well as she thinks it does) and she has a zillion bobby pins trying to pin up her short hair in back. (I never comment on things like that though.) So while we are walking over to Wal-Mart she says, some of your hair is sticking out, you need to tuck it in. (I have my long hair up in a clip.) I told her I wasn't that worried about it!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mickeyz » August 30th, 2007, 9:05 am

Maybe she will figure out she can't sabatoge you...that will really let the wind out of her sails! Is this the one that will soon be bye-bye?

You are doing so great. I admire your resolve to stick with this. I know it hasn't been easy for you.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 30th, 2007, 9:14 am

Mickey - yes, she will be bye bye in late December. As you can imagine her work ethic is nil these days. She is very negative (but I might be too in her situation) and goes from office to office spreading hate and discontent some days. I had to make it clear a while back that I wasn't talking about work stuff with her.

I hope I can lose enough weight before she leaves that she will have to eat her words about shakes being so unfulfilling! If she forgets she said that I will remind her. ;)

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 31st, 2007, 7:09 am

Well, I finished my 21 day challenge! Yippee! :D I thought I could do it but there were definitely a few challenging days. My total lost during the 21 days is 12.6 so I'll take that.

I've been home since yesterday with a lupus flare :x but I got to sleep in this morning :D and now I have a really long weekend :D . I had a lot of cleaning projects planned so I am hoping I feel well enough to get started on them tomorrow.

Even though I had to adjust my starting and current weight upward I am soooo glad I bought the new scales. It makes so much difference in keeping a positive attitude to be able to see less than a pound incrememts when you are looking for some loss.

I hope everyone of us is a loser today and that you have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby BabyTrace » August 31st, 2007, 7:21 am

Hey Linda! Great job on the first 21 days. Definitely take the 12.6 lbs! When I read that it rang a bell and I went back to look at my chart. I lost exactly 12.6 lbs in my first 21 days! How about that?

Glad to hear your new scale is affecting you in a positive way. I enjoy seeing those .2 lb increments too.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling to well, but hopeful you'll be able to get some rest. At least you won't have to worry about being distracted by that lovely woman you work with! ;)

Have a great day!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 31st, 2007, 7:42 am

Thanks Tracy! And thanks for telling me about the WW scale in the .2 lb increments. It was only around $25 and well worth the investment. They had another WW scale for about $35 that did .1 lb increments but I didn't think that was necessary. I am sooo glad you told me about this scale.

Besides the smaller increments this scale is so much more stable than my old one. On the old one if I stepped on 3 times I could get 3 different weights and if I moved at all it would not settle back to the original weight. It was worthless. LOL. I don't know why I didn't get a new scale years ago!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Mickeyz » August 31st, 2007, 7:51 am

Hi Linda,

That is the same scale I have. Just like you I bought it after I was already into this for a couple weeks and it weighed more than my old one. I would be so discouarged if I still had my old scale, I like seeing that I have lost even if it is only a fraction of a lb.

Congrats on your 21 days and your weight loss.
Mickeyz

Postby holberry » August 31st, 2007, 8:23 am

Congratualations on the 21 days Linda :D

The best is ,I think, is getting out of the 200's. Yuck, good bye.

Have a good weekend, feel better, and hope you get your projects done.

Hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 31st, 2007, 10:02 am

Mickeyz wrote:Hi Linda,

That is the same scale I have. Just like you I bought it after I was already into this for a couple weeks and it weighed more than my old one. I would be so discouarged if I still had my old scale, I like seeing that I have lost even if it is only a fraction of a lb.

Congrats on your 21 days and your weight loss.

Mickey - yes! This new scale is the best investment I have made for myself (at least since I started Medifast which was the BIG one). I love that it is so stable. My old one was so wobbly no wonder it was not accurate!

My next big milestone will be to get back into the low 180's which is where I was before I quit smoking in Feb 06. Then after that I remember when my daughter got married 4 years ago I weighed 170. Then I can remember events from each decade on the scales, LOL. I weighed 160 on 9/11/01 and then used that event as an excuse to quit my low-carb diet and eat chocolate. Then I remember I weighed 150 when I started my current job 8-1/2 years ago. Then I remember 10 years ago I weighed 145 when I was in CA... Then 12 years ago when my first granddaughter was born I weighed 128.

Sheesh! How did I let this happen to me? That was some heavy history (pun intended). Good thing this is my journal! Jo might get the 'tude police after me!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 31st, 2007, 10:05 am

holberry wrote:Congratualations on the 21 days Linda :D

The best is ,I think, is getting out of the 200's. Yuck, good bye.

Have a good weekend, feel better, and hope you get your projects done.

Hol

Hi Hol! It is always great to see your pretty smiling face in my journal! It makes me smile. :D

You know the shock of hitting 200 was my wake-up call. I guess I am glad it happened but you're right - I am very happy to be out of that place!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby aquarianskye » August 31st, 2007, 10:50 am

Sorry to hear about your lupus flare. I hope you're feeling better now.

Isn't it funny how we set our weight loss goals? My next goal is to get to my pre-pregnancy weight from my first child. That was almost ten years ago! But that's how I mark my goals too! My weight at major memorable milestones in my life.
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 31st, 2007, 8:11 pm

Pre-pregnancy weight... oh my! That was about 115 for me but it has been a very long time ago! LOL, you're right though, all that seems pretty easy to remember and that surprises me now. What is really sad is that I gained a lot of weight with my 2nd child (first time in my life I ever had to diet was after her birth) but right now I am still heavier than I was at full term during that pregnancy!

Oh well, onward and downward!
Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Mickeyz » September 1st, 2007, 7:03 am

I had to chuckle at your weight history "memory". I think I was in so much denial that it is more of a fog instead of so exact.

I think setting these goals for milestones in small increments is a good idea. I am pushing to get to the 170's, which will hopefully happen in the next few days. Then I just want to weigh less than my husband! He is a skinny 172. :roll:

Hope you are having a delightful weekend.
Mickeyz

Postby bikipatra » September 1st, 2007, 7:19 am

Mickeyz wrote:I think setting these goals for milestones in small increments is a good idea. I am pushing to get to the 170's, which will hopefully happen in the next few days. Then I just want to weigh less than my husband! He is a skinny 172. :roll:

With all the marathon training he has been doing, my husband is down to 146. But hopefully I will be catching up with him soon!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal