Holding steady..welcome to all the newbies

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Holding steady..welcome to all the newbies

Postby TamiL » June 2nd, 2004, 7:12 am

Hello...its Tami
I havent posted in so long..nor read the forum in some time..just wanted to check in and say a quick hello and welcome to all the new members of the forum....you all will see the results you are seeking if you stick to the program and remain PATIENT!!

Patience is a virtue...I am still holding steady at 155 pounds..I still have 20 pounds to loose..I know my body will push past this plateau when its ready..its just a matter of staying faithful and really getting back into working out again...

There are so many new names on the forum...I have to read and catch up on all the posts...
how are all the old timers doing? Nelly...Pam...Landylue? Jeanette and Mike....and all the rest of ya that kept me going...and still do!! I hope you are all doing well!!

as I said..Im holding steady..waiting for the scale to budge..and get me out of the 150's...but still remain forever greatful that I am in the 150's due to the miracle of medifast!!
;)

Goodluck to all you newcomers....the trick is to stay focused...see that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...hop on the train to thinville with the rest of us...and if you loose your way..just get right back up..dust yourself off...and start over...dont fall back into old habits!! make this a lifestyle change...and IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!! :-P
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » June 2nd, 2004, 11:17 am

Hi Tami Girl!

Glad to see you're still around. I'm still on board, not posting nor reading much post myself lately. I get to busy when summer comes around at work and all. Plus I have that " Nike " attitude now. It 's called " Just Do It". So I just do it. I put in a workout every morning 6 days a week. stick to shakes and bar and keep on rolling. I on rare occasions now..fall off for a minute. I just get up and get going. No more complaining here. I want to shed I hope 50lbs in the next 4 months...medifast has become a routine now...just get up, exercise do your shakes and bar and keep on moving...no time for stoping gazing, grazing, and etc...I don't have it in me to be on this diet for more than another 6 months nor do I care to embark on any other diet ever again. Tis my final trial and final weight loss project. So I better get good and keep rolling out of Fat-ville USA...well ..I've left fatville already...I'm in Chubette-town now(YEAH!!!)...heading to Thinville(CAN"T WAIT) where I intend to become a permanent resident!! So Lord help us all..for this is a long ride but worth every bit of it!
Well...gotta go shake something...

later,

Nelly :D
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Ria » June 2nd, 2004, 6:46 pm

Hi Tamil,

It looks like we started out at or around the same weight. Did you do the Full Fast? How long did it take you to get to 155? Your post are inspiring to me especially on tough days such as today.

Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby TamiL » June 2nd, 2004, 11:15 pm

Nelly...great to hear from ya!! you go girl with the workouts...thats what I need to be doing on a consistant basis!!

Ria-
I alternate between the full and modified plan...some weeks I do just straight shakes...and others I do one lean/green meal...it all depends on my social agenda!! its taken me about 16 weeks to loose 30 pounds...thats with all the "slip ups" and straying off the program I have experienced...but with that said...never have I lost weight so fast..and kept going....Medifast is truly amazing!!
youll get to your goal!!
my clothes are hanging off of me..but I Refuse to buy new stuff untill I get to my goal weight..just got some pants tailored...by a friend who is a wizz on the sewing machine...only 20 more pounds to get off...Ill do it...as slow as it may come..it will be worth it!!
happy shakin!!
;) Tam
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Landylue » June 3rd, 2004, 6:22 pm

Hi, Tami! Great to read a post from you again. Can you believe all these beautiful newcomers to the forum! I go away for a week and I come back to a forum full of newbies. WELCOME EVERYBODY!!!

My weight loss has slowed down considerably, but I haven't fallen away from the program at all, just going to do as Nancy suggested and add another shake or a chicken breast and ease up on the exercise a bit. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Going by that wonderful BMI chart, I am no longer officially overweight. I am still at a 'higher risk', but I've seen it drop from obese, to overweight, to higher risk. I can't believe I'm so delighted to be at a place where I'm a 'higher risk'!

I just got back from California and my daughter, who didn't even know I was doing Medifast, had just naturally assumed that I had continued to gain weight in the months that we didn't see each other. She had even bought a lounge chair for the patio with a weight limit of 225, and worried if I could sit in it! When she saw me at the airport, I was almost 40 lbs lighter, had cut my hair into a pixie-cut and dyed it from gray to a beautiful golden brown. She was so proud, she had tears in her eyes! It made all the weeks of just shakes worth every sip!

To all the newbies: Medifast works. If you do what YOU are supposed to do, Medifast will do the rest. Believe it!

Good luck to you all, and may God bless our efforts.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby RavenKat » June 4th, 2004, 4:46 am

We need a picture LandyLue!!!!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Landylue » June 4th, 2004, 9:05 pm

Oh, man, Ravenkat, to be real honest, I may one day put a before and after out here, but right now that's a very scarey thought to me. No one I work or go to church with has ever heard the name Landylue. I never express my feelings to anyone at work, and keep a tight rein on expressing any type of emotions. Putting my face on the Internet along with all the posts I have written would really not be something I would be comfortable with, at least for now.

I hope you guys understand.

Landlylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lois » June 5th, 2004, 7:47 am

Hello, friends,

I'm on day #4 of the full fast and going STRONG 8)

This is SUCH a great thread! So positive, supportinve, and encouraging! You are ALL an inspiration to me....THANK YOU :heart:

bunches of hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RavenKat » June 5th, 2004, 5:09 pm

LandyLue,

No problem! You don't see a picture of me anywhere, do you? ;-)

I actually haven't had a picture taken of me in so long that it wouldn't be representative anyway.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room