Hiya everyone...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hiya everyone...

Postby BonitaGirl » January 17th, 2004, 8:10 pm

I decided that it was time to do something drastic about my weight problem and that is what has brought me here.

I woke up on Tuesday with a sinus cold and feeling lousy and received my first Medifast order that night. I promptly decided that I was going to start the next morning. I have been doing a lot of reading about the program and know that one of the side effects is a headache. Well, I already had that and was taking meds, so might as well do this. I didn't find it that difficult the first couple of days and the weight loss has motivated me tremendously. The hardest thing is the not chewing part. I ordered the chili and the maple brown sugar oatmeal thinking that I would get satisfaction from eating those. Well, the chili isn't bad, but the oatmeal is revolting! :tongue: I had to force myself to finish the bowl and the only way I did it was by swallowing each mouthful with water. I tried doctoring it up with cinammon and with the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray, all the tricks and tips I had been told, but it has that awful diet aftertaste. Are they all like this??? I was so surprised because I have been loving the shakes and the bars so far. But I really need to have a variety in my life, or I am going to go nutso.

Now onto the good news...I have lost EIGHT pounds so far!!! And I am loving it, I can already feel the difference in my body. I am thrilled with the program so far and am very excited at what this month is going to bring me. I really haven't decided how much I want to lose. I just want to get to a place where I am comfortable in my body again. A place where I don't have to worry about fitting into an airline seat or a ride at Disneyland. My advisor wants me to lose 80lbs, but I am not sure I want to do that. Sounds funny, doesn't it? But I am used to being a BBW and am proud of it. I don't want to to be the skinny minny that society thinks I should be. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and not have to be so tired anymore. So maybe that means only losing 30 lbs, or maybe more, but I will know when I get there, I guess.
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 18th, 2004, 8:18 am

You go girl! I had my first shake this morning for breakfast. I opened a pack of swiss mocha and the smell was really diety. I was worried about that first drink, but it was really good.

Just keep trying the and find the ones that you do like. Stay away from that oatmeal if you dislike it that bad, it will just bring you down. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 9:20 am

Congrats on your loss! (Isn't it funny that in any other realm we say, "I am sorry for your loss" or "Condolences on your loss" and HERE "loss" is the BEST thing!!!!)

Interesting about your take on the taste of products. I think each person has their own expectations and perceptions. I personally don't like the bars at all! But I LOVE the soups and shakes! I think you will find as you experiement with different combinations you will find a few to make your favorites. The "Lean Cusine" forum area has really helped me alot! I have only had two disasters, on which I forced myself to consume and one that I tossed and started over on. You may have to adjust how hot or cold you make something or how much water (less or more) you add to something to make it work for you.

Just don't let "diety" taste get in your way or weight loss!!!!!!!!!!
SneezyKitten

Postby Unca_Tim » January 18th, 2004, 10:47 am

Hi BG and welcome to the forum,
I had to laugh with your oatmeal experience. Terry, my bro, has oatmeal every day. He's got a special little ritual he goes through with it. I'll have to pick his brain next time i see him, but i think it goes something like this.
He stirs it for quite a while for starters, then nukes it for 1min
Then he takes it out and lets it sit for about 1min....unless he forgets about it and gets back about ten minutes later...:0
then nuke 1min again...

I haven't tried this, but it "almost" looks like regular oatmeal....

Give it a whirl if you have more to use up...

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Maggie » January 18th, 2004, 11:21 am

SneezyKitten........I liked your reply to BonitaGirl. I wish I had written it. :D Everyones taste sensation is different. A lot of the products I didn't like the first time I used them. Now they are my favorites. I don't understand why anyone would not like the bars. I think they are great and I save my daily bar for my treat each night while watching tv. Peanut butter is my weakness, so the peanut butter bar soothes a craving that I have. The oatmeal is another topic. I have tried it several times and results still the same. I have been experimenting with the apple-cinnamon oatmeal . I am trying to make a muffin . When I have it perfected I will post it. :bib: Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 5:36 pm

Thanks Maggie! When you get that muffin recipe down, PLEASE share!!! I am going to try making "oat cakes" (a treat from childhood) so I will share too if I find any success!!!!

Funny - I don't like the peanut butter bars - the are the least fav! However, I have ordered a smaple of the mint chocolate and the berry bar because I WANT to like them and I WILL keep trying darn it!!!!! Even still, I have had a bars a couple of times when I had no shake handy or when a shake was inconvenient and survived. I am willing to eat them in order to stay focused on the prize and not stray!
SneezyKitten

One week now

Postby BonitaGirl » January 21st, 2004, 12:05 pm

Thanx everyone for the warm welcome. Today is a full week on the program and I am down 10.5 pounds. Yeah! I forgot to measure myself before I started, but I can feel a difference in my body already. The last place I gain weight is in my face and I can see a difference in the chin area. Whooohoooo!! I had a couple of minor setbacks, but I kept going. A cracker literally attacked me and forced its way down my throat..couldnt do anything but swallow it and enjoy every second of it. I am such a carb freak. I almost pounced on my sons left over sandwich crust last night. How bad is that??? Ugh!! I did have a piece of bologna on Monday night. I have been having HORRIBLE headache every day and that is what is really getting to me. I know I am in ketosis as I bought some Ketostix and it showed that I am most definitely in ketosis. I have been doing the 2 dill pickles a day and the boullion for the headache, but it isn’t helping. I think it may be withdrawals from caffeine. I am used to having at least one fully loaded Pepsi a day. I have been great with my water intake, taking about 70+ ounces a day. And that brings up another question. Normally when I have this much water, my urine turns completely clear, but it isn’t now. Is that part of the ketosis? What’s up with that? Just something I noticed. Amazing how we can share things like this with people we just met, huh? **grin**
Does anyone know if we can have the Crystal Light slurpees from 7-11? And how late can we have a shake? Can we have one right before going to bed?
:D
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl

Postby finalstraw » January 21st, 2004, 12:20 pm

Does anyone know if we can have the Crystal Light slurpees from 7-11?

:D Can We, huh, huh, can we please? :D

I did not even know you could get Crystal Light slurpees, I love Crystal Light and I love slurpees.

I awaken every morning with a killer headache, I take 3-4 ibuprophen and an hour later it is better and or gone (I am on day 4). My doc said up to 800mg of ibuprophen was acceptable at one time.

Hang in there and keep posting. :-P
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Re: One week now

Postby explorthis » January 21st, 2004, 12:28 pm

BonitaGirl wrote:Today is a full week on the program and I am down 10.5 pounds. Yeah!

Does anyone know if we can have the Crystal Light slurpees from 7-11? And how late can we have a shake? Can we have one right before going to bed?

Congrats on the 10.5 pound loss...

I did not know 7-11 had these.. I did a search and came up with this: (from the 7-11 site)

The new raspberry-flavored Slurpee offers a beverage alternative to consumers concerned about sugar intake and calorie consumption. At 50 calories and 11 grams of carbohydrates per 12-fluid ounce serving, the sugar-free flavor is ideal for consumers who are managing carbohydrates everyday, including sugars, and would like to enjoy a Slurpee.

According to John Ryckevic, product director for proprietary beverages at 7-Eleven, Inc., the company receives frequent calls from customers asking about the sugar levels in Slurpee. “We have an audience that has expressed a need for a sugar-free Slurpee – from adults who grew up drinking Slurpees but may be watching their calories now, to a 5-year-old girl who wants her diabetic brother to be able to enjoy a Slurpee with her.”
Now, with Crystal Light, we’ll have a sugar-free, reduced-calorie option for our customers – female and male, young and not-as-young – who are watching calories, carbohydrates or sugar.”

In addition to calorie-conscious consumers, Crystal Light Raspberry Ice Slurpee provides people living with diabetes a frozen beverage treat.

Tim... Whadda ya think?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2004, 12:49 pm

hmmm....he says with a raised eyebrow.... :?

This one's even got Mike the purists wondering, huh? Alright everyone, quite salivating all over your keyboards...

We better run this one by the Leopard Woman. Until then, NO THINKING ABOUT SLURPIES!!!
:?:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby finalstraw » January 25th, 2004, 9:15 pm

Leopard Woman,

Were still waiting, can we? :D
Stephanie

Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Return to The Weight Room