High Liver Enzymes

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

High Liver Enzymes

Postby LoriHatesOkra » May 2nd, 2007, 1:30 pm

I don't know if this is the right place or not, but I couldn't see anywhere else this would fit in.

Has anyone else experienced this during the diet? I had blood work done last tuesday and they came up high. My doctor said he wanted to re-test me in a week so I went back yesterday. He called me today and said they were even higher. He said he's not super worried but wants me to test again friday and if they haven't leveled out by then he wants me on the full fast. The thing is, I'm practically on it now. I don't eat the l&g ever night but I do eat it fairly often. Could there be something I'm eating that's causing this?
:(
LoriHatesOkra
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » May 2nd, 2007, 6:44 pm

I'm not a health professional, but given my background in biology and doing a little research, I can tell you what I do know.

It is not abnormal to hear of people having tests that show high liver enzymes. They can show in people who use too much alchol, or Tylenol, have or have had hepatitis, have or are borderline diabetic, and people who are obese.

So, given your doctors desire to put you on the full fast (which is 6 meal replacements... not 5), your doctor might be thinking obesity might be the cause. I don't know all of the factors that they are thinking... but this could be a possibility.

Just ideas.... don't quote me. ;)

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LoriHatesOkra » May 2nd, 2007, 7:49 pm

I wish my doc would give me a little more info. He did blood work and urine tests before I started and didn't say anything at that point. Last weeks test was a month into the diet and that's when he mentioned the spike in the liver. Then I tested again and he called today to say it's still going up. :x

I'll go friday and when he calls me on Monday I'll ask him for more information.

Thanks for your info, and no, I wont quote you :)
LoriHatesOkra
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 2nd, 2007, 8:48 pm

I've seen it happen here a couple times, and both were false readings.

Hope yours is the third....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » May 3rd, 2007, 5:17 am

I used to have elevated liver enzymes and it was due to obesity, a fatty liver and alcoholism. My numbers now are perfectly normal. I hope your results are an aberration and you remain healthy.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Women's Health