Hey Gang, I'm Baaaaaaaaack! MIKE........JEANETTE

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hey Gang, I'm Baaaaaaaaack! MIKE........JEANETTE

Postby star85 » March 31st, 2004, 7:53 am

Hi all,
There is a lot of "new" people on the forum since I left in mid February! I'm back to try again. The good news is I haven't gained any of the weight I lost while I was on the program. I have been making alot better/healthier food choices than before and jogging 4 miles a day again, which I love. I guess now that I'm starting back on this program, I'll only be able take walks now, since I have to cut back on exercise at first ( which is one thing I don't like) Exercise helps me mentally too! Anyway, I wanted to send a BIG HELLO to my forum buddies MIKE & JEANETTE! I'm glad to see you guys are still doing so well. Jeannette, congradulations on your continued weight loss. I see you have now lost the amount of weight that my goal is in only 4 1/2 months! That's awsome! I'm going out to Colorado in July with my children to visit alot of my family and I really want to lose more weight by then. What happend to Stephanie( Finalstraw) & KimBob? I didn't see any recent posts from them. I hope I don't end up quitting again. I felt by starting to post again, it would help me be more comitted and accountable. Hope to talk to you guys soon. I'll need your support and guidence more then ever! You guys are still my MENTORS!!

All THE BEST,
Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 31st, 2004, 10:28 am

Welcome home!!

Glad to see you back.If there's one thing I know for sure, it is that this board gives more support than you can imagine!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby shineface » March 31st, 2004, 2:33 pm

Hi Kelyn----

Always glad to see someone coming back - especially someone that is one of the people that I used to depend on seeing on the forum!!!!

Glad you are here - keep on shaking and slurping and posting and drinking your water!!!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » March 31st, 2004, 3:54 pm

Hi Pam----
It's good to hear from you. I hope I do as well as you are. You are really making very good progress! You are such an inspiration. Are you doing the Modified version? I'm not sure which version to do ( the Full or Modified) Well it's good to be back. Keep in touch.

Kelyn

Postby shineface » March 31st, 2004, 5:43 pm

Hi Kelyn ---

I admire anyone doing the purist fast - I know I could never do it. I am on the modified and other than daily moving around at home and work - I am not doing any extra exercise.

In the moring I have a blender shake-I add a splenda and usually some DaVinchi SF syrup for variety sake - lots of ice to bulk it up so I really fill my stomache.

I usually have 2 more shakes, a bar or oatmeal and the chili or soup with crackers during the rest of the day.

I always eat a lean and green meal - usually 7 or 8 ounces of turkey or chicken and plain romaine or greens - sometimes a hot veggie- with some honey mustard on the side for dipping. This is more meat/protein than recommended but it is what has worked for me. I knew I couldn't do it with 4 - 5 ozs - I would've been off within a few days - this has kept me satisfied ---- everyone is different.

Honestly, there are some days that I don't get my 5th shake or supplement in - just not hungry or feeling like I need it ---- I drink at least 100 oz. of water a day -- this helps to keep me full and busy...peeing constantly! I have never done the pickles or jello because I know me - would be too easy to get carried away!!!!

This is what is working for me - I hope this answers your question - this forum really does show that every one is different and has their own routine with the MF plan. As long as I have progress I am able to stay on plan - by the grace of God, no cheats to date!!!

Glad you are back - stick close to the forum, shake, slurp, read and post and drink-drink-drink the water!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » April 1st, 2004, 5:18 am

Thanks Pam--------- Your post motivated me to get in all my water on my 1st day back on the plan! Today is the beginning of day 2. I got on the scale this morning and it was at 204! I have a very accurate scale. I always get the same readings on my scale as the doctors office. I know it's only water right now that I'm losing, but I'll take that! You're right drinking all that water really does help! I forgot how much I really do miss the people at this forum. I know I'm not always going to be posting good news, but it's good to know that whether I have good news or bad news to post about, I have such wonderful & supportive people that understand (good or bad). Have a great day!

Kelyn

P.S. I have to start remembering to sign in before I post.

Return to Come on in.