Help, how to get through first week?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Help, how to get through first week?

Postby jskm » October 16th, 2007, 8:15 am

I have had my first shipment of Medi Fast sitting in my cabinet since May. I have tried to do it on and off since then, never making it past the first few days. How do you all make it? What can I do to get past the incredible hunger?

Thank you.
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 16th, 2007, 8:59 am

Water, water, water, prayer and more water. Constant intake of water in the beginning kept me full. I mean always having a glass by you and drinking constantly. If I got really hungry I would stand in front of the kitchen sink and not let myself move until I had two glasses. That is just my experience. For others, bouillion, celery, pickles helped. I would try everything until something worked, reminding myself that after three days it is highly likely I will feel no hunger if I am compliant. Also, no one ever died from feeling hungry for an hour or two. Keep your eyes on the prize and remind yourself of your ultimate goal.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 16th, 2007, 10:57 am

I completely agree with Biki. Water is the key. I have also turned to bullion to help when needed. Keep yourself busy. Ask yourself are you really hungery (hunger pains) or just bored and want to eat. If you can, I have also found that taking a walk or doing some sort of excercise also helped the hunger monster away.

You are allowed to use appetite suppressant meds (over the counter) to help you through. It gets better - it really does. Think of the investment you made and think of what you are trying to accomplish here. Also, you might want to try the appetite suppressant MF meals. I haven't needed them, but others really like them.

Biki is right nobody ever died from feeling hungry. If you continue to think about what you are not allowing yourself you will feel deprived. Instead set little goals and reward yourself for reaching them - maybe a manicure, pedicure, something new just for you - just not food.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jskm » October 16th, 2007, 11:38 am

What are the appetite supressant MF meals?
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby jskm » October 16th, 2007, 11:39 am

Nevermind; looking at them now on their site.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby Serendipity » October 16th, 2007, 1:06 pm

You probably won't need the appetite suppressent shakes. After the first 3-5 days, the hunger goes away and you'll need to remind yourself to eat! Honest. Just keep in mind that the hunger is temporary. That's the magic of Medifast.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DogMa » October 16th, 2007, 2:55 pm

You might also try low-carbing for a few days first; that way you get yourself into ketosis (so that you won't feel hungry) while eating all you want. Then when you start on Medifast, you're already not so hungry so eating small amounts isn't as hard.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 16th, 2007, 5:12 pm

I agree with Robin above - that's what I did. I knew when I was going to begin and I started a week or so before then by eating less and trying to make good choices. Each day I tried to eat a little less. I can honestly say my first three days (when they say you are feeling the worst) I felt fine! I kept waiting to feel bad - - in fact the first day I was STUFFED as I was eating more than I had been while preparing for the MF meals!

Good luck to you - - you can do it!!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Charity » October 18th, 2007, 1:43 am

The way I found out about medifast was in an info session about gastric surgery. The dietitian at the hospital said that some of her patients lost weight just as fast as post surgery patients. That got me super excited and during the first 3 days when I felt the hunger pains I'd think to myself you had mental gastric surgery (like I didn't have a choice but to not cheat). It's weird but it was that mental trick that worked for me and just like Serendipity said, after 3 days you won't be hungry and have to say weird things to yourself to stop raiding the fridge.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Return to The Weight Room