Hi! I have just started

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi! I have just started

Postby Paradox » June 4th, 2006, 4:41 pm

I have 130bls to lose. I'm so glad I found this Message board. My husband is in Iraq and I have two kids 7&6. I really want to suprise him when he gets home. I don't have a functioning thyroid and am on meds. I would like to know if that will slow me down on the weight loss? So far I find this program very easy but can't stand the Chicken and wildrice and I don't think anything can doctor that up! Hee! Hee! Look fwd to chatting with all of you :mrgreen:
Paradox
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Aerie » June 4th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Paradox, welcome to the group. You will find all the support and advice you need here to be sucessful and surprise your soldier when he gets home.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby loriannk » June 4th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Hello & Welcome!

This is the greatest bunch of people you could meet. You will find lots of support here. Make sure to check out the lean cusine section. For the Chicken & Wild Rice soup I add a chicken bouillion cube, water and a bit of mrs dash and shake it in the shaker cup. I then put it in the frig for a few hours. Then I simmer on the stove for about 20 min and it is so good. Hope that helps you.

Can't help you with the thyroid question but I am sure someone else can.

:goodluck:

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jan » June 4th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Hi There,
That thyroid problem may slow you down a bit.... but don't worry you can still part with those pesky pounds and have a wonderful surprise for you hubby!!! Make sure and check about taking the thyroid meds with the MF. Sometimes people have a whey product .. hot cocoa or one of the others one hour after the thyroid med. That way the soy doesn't cause a problem. Check with you Dr. and see. Later in the day there is no problem with the soy at all.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby JKSRN » June 4th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Hi Paradox! WELCOME!! :D

Just like Jan said, best not to use a soy product at the same time that you are taking your thyroid med. Soy interferes with it. I have cappuccino with fresh coffee in it, every morning. There is a list of non-soy supplements in the Quick Start Guide, for more variety.

I am what they call a 'radiation induced hypothyroid'. I take Synthroid daily, and on Friday, my dosage was reduced! Yeah! I am losing weight, maybe slightly slower than the rest, but it is steady loss. Having two children to chase around, you will probably lose somewhat faster than I. Follow the program and you WILL lose, and you WILL be able to surprise your husband! Again, welcome, and if you have any further questions, we are here for you! :D Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Janae » June 4th, 2006, 8:49 pm

What a great motivation...your man will be astounded when he sees you!

The plan, done according to the Quick Start Guide just works...sometimes it is amazing how it works...there are testimonials at every click on this forum that tell the stories of how it works.

I just started on June 1 and have a similar amount to lose...so- I look forward very much to walking the journey with you. I will be watching for your reports of weight loss victories!

As has been said...the Lean Cuisine section is great for finding recipes and the best ways people have found to prepare things. (Soups seem to "grow on" people...as far as the taste getting better in time!) :o

Welcome: Have fun and enjoy the shakin' life!!

Blessings-
J
Janae

Postby Elke » June 4th, 2006, 8:59 pm

Welcome to the group!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mellowmom » June 4th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Welcome Paradox.

Like the previous boarders said, it's best to take your thyroid meds at least an hour before having any soy products. I had my thyroid irradiated after it went off the deep end 10 years ago. I thought I was dying, turned out my thyroid had gone amuck. I am on levothroid. I take it first thing in the morning when I get up with my first 16 ounces of water. An hour later I can have my shake with no problem.

Regarding whether the thyroid problem will affect your weight loss...I don't know. I can only tell you that I had 169 pounds to lose back on March 24th and have lost 54 pounds in a little over 10 weeks! I wasn't certain if Medifast would work because of the meds...but it sure has worked so far.

Good luck and keep shaking.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 5th, 2006, 5:32 am

Welcome Paradox~

It is great to have you with us and I know your hubby will be shocked when he returns and sees the brand new you!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby TheShadow » June 5th, 2006, 8:31 am

Welcome Paradox! You are in good company. It sounds like we have a quite a few hypos here! I guess that explains PART of how we ended up on MF. I've got Hashimoto's disease. That just means that my immune system decided to attack my thyroid for some bizarre reason. After 23 years, there is probably nothing left of mine but a mass of scar tissue. I take Armour thyroid, I like it better than I did synthroid. I am glad to hear that Mellowmom has had such success on the plan already without a good thyroid. I guess there's hope for us...I'll be 1 week on the plan tomorrow, and I've lost 5.5 lbs now.

I was going to say "good luck" and then I stopped myself. My formerly heavy friend Diane told "I will wish you strength, because luck has very little to do with weight loss." She has lost over 100 lbs and is my inspiration.
Last edited by TheShadow on June 5th, 2006, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Denise » June 5th, 2006, 10:58 am

Best Wishes Paradox! :D
Denise
Preferred member

thank you all so much!!!!!

Postby Paradox » June 5th, 2006, 11:05 am

It's easier for me to write at night. Like, right now I have 6 minutes to get to the bus.

again THANKS!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Paradox
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma Reloaded » June 5th, 2006, 11:07 am

Welcome to the group Paradox! You chose a great program! We're all here to support you in any way we can :)
~Joyce~
Formerly known as MusicalMomma
MusicalMomma Reloaded

Postby Arklahoma » June 5th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 7th, 2006, 8:45 pm

I'm a little late, I just wanted to say hello and WELCOME!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.