Happy New Year

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Happy New Year

Postby bear45 » December 27th, 2004, 5:58 pm

Well, it has surely been a good, challenging year in 2004. The best news about it is my resolve to be healthier. I have been "cripping" around for 3 weeks now after pinching my sciatic nerve in yoga class!! I know, I know it DOES seem rather ironic!! I also had to go back on my blood pressure meds, but as my internist said...it may very well be a genetic thing and that is just how it is. Acceptance of those things that just are.

I had a lovely Christmas Eve with a dear friend who supports me wholeheartedly as I strive to continue my weight loss and come into more balance with my physical self. It has not been easy this holiday season but perseverance is winning, thank goodness. I am still adjusting to both of my parents being gone as the main focus at Christmas was to get home to be together with them. It is good that I am establishing my own Christmas traditions now. One of them is my elder sister and I decided last year that we would get together for the New Year celebration. So, I leave to visit her Wed. morning. I shared special time with my employees this year as I was here and since we work in a hospital lab we are always open the holidays. That felt very good to do that.
Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of us as we continue our journey into healthier lifestyles. I have had some setbacks but am continuing forward because I am truly beginning to believe what Nancy says about "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."...I really do want to be able to say that and be 95 pounds lighter than I am now.
Lisa in Dallas

May28, 2004

286/245/150 :mrgreen:
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » December 27th, 2004, 11:30 pm

Dear Lisa ~

What a great post! You are becoming the healthy woman you want to be and have made excellent stries this year. 2005 will be the year that you attain your goal.

You poor thing! Sciatca is real pain. Are you able to stand upright yet? Terry had a bout of that this year and he walked like Quasimodo! May you just keep on getting better and better!

Shaking and slurping to your success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby purplepansy » December 28th, 2004, 7:35 am

HI LISA
how do you like yoga? I can't imagine getting myself into all those positions??!
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy

Yoga Positions

Postby bear45 » December 28th, 2004, 9:17 am

Hi, Purple Pansy....well, I have been taking private yoga lessons now for 7 months with a wonderful woman who was willing to work with me and modify
those "asanas" so that I COULD do some of them!! I am able to do more and more now as my flabbage disappears slowly but surely....one of the most affirming things about it is being able to do things now that I could not do 7 months ago. I am more flexible and stronger than I have ever been thanks to yoga. ( And MEDIFAST of course). When you are in some of those poses you are activating the deeper muscle groups and working on your breathing as well...I finally understand what my teacher has been saying now about finding the "breath of life" it is very powerful and gives you strength...it is also helping me to be more disciplined and honest with myself. A very important thing for me as I become the physical woman I want to be.
Anyway, the VITAL thing is that you take yoga from someone who truly knows what they are doing. I pinched my nerve because I pushed myself a little too far when my teacher was over getting a drink of water!! Oh, well...it is much better now and I look forward to returning to my sessions in the new year...blessings...Lisa
bear45

Postby Nancy » December 28th, 2004, 3:47 pm

Hey, Purp ~ howdy! I've missed you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » December 31st, 2004, 12:00 pm

Hi Di Ho Gang!

Been busy with an unexpected sudden death in the family and other things so I've missed my little MF family here. Just stopping in now to convey NY wishes, and will catch up on reading past posts here next week. Good news is that I've not pigged out like I used to do when a crisis occurrs! Thank you so very very much MF.

Speaking of yoga, when I first started in college, I tried a little too hard, and pulled the huge big muscle that covers your behind (glutomus maximus?) Took a hot bath and then slept with my heating pad on it resulting in a big blister from too much heat on one cheek. Was so embarrassed to have to bend over at the doc's office to get a shot to loosen it up. One of my better now funnier stunts...

Success To Everyone in 2005 ! Happy New Year!

Your MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 31st, 2004, 12:05 pm

Camille ~

So sorry to hear about the death in your family. We have missed your sunny disposition and writings in your absence.

Our prayers are with you and your family as you walk through the difficult days.

Love you madly, Little Darlin'. :hug: :rose:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room