Happy Health and New You Year - January 2005 Special Prices

Check in for our Monthly Specials.

Happy Health and New You Year - January 2005 Special Prices

Postby Nancy » January 5th, 2005, 3:04 am

January 2005 Product Specials

Essential One Grilled Chicken Breast

I don’t know about you guys but I am having way too much fun swimming at the YMCA to spend a lot of time in line at the grocery store or cleaning up George (the famous grill Guy) and the kitchen.

After a hectic day of Pilates or mall crawling for new skinny clothes, the Essential 1 Grilled Chicken Breasts are perfect for a healthy FAST food meal.

Just add a small amount of hot water and the shelf-stable freeze-dried chicken breast boings into a meal in minutes. Add a small green salad and a cup and a half of cooked veggies for the perfect low fat, low carb Lean and Green meal. Regularly priced at $6.25 for a package of two separate servings of chicken breasts, now $5.99.

This month’s Take Shape for Life Product Specials are primarily the tools you need to get the job done.

MakeMeThinner Forum Folks, if you are serious about getting the job done this year, then PLEASE buy Linda Spangle’s book, Success in a Shaker Jar.

I tout this book all the time and I want you to know that next to Leopard Woman’s Newsletters and Forum ramblings, this is just THE best Medifast-friendly publication you can own. The regular price is $21.45 now $15.99. Success in a Shaker Jar is worth it. You are worth it. Get it. ;)

Recipe Guide (Regularly $2.95 now $1.99)

One of the nicest things about Medifast products is that the flavors can be enhanced and modified to suit your own set of taste buds.

:tongue: Yup, you can spice up and spruce up the soup and shake flavors to satisfy the most discriminating buds. This little 18-page booklet has intriguing recipes for such things as Strawberry Daiquiris PLUS it has inspiring quotes at the bottom of each page.

Here’s one from Mary Tyler Moore, “Pain nourishes courage. You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.”

My Daily Journal (Regularly $2.95 now $1.99)

If you are not :puter: techno savvy enough to save and utilize the MakeMeThinner Daily Weight Journal Excel spreadsheet to your desktop, this is a perfect paper journal for you. Use it to record your daily food and :water: water intake, there’s room for you to record your personal thoughts, mood and activity in this two-week journal. If you are serious about being a BIG LOSER this year, then you need to be recording your food intake and be accountable for your weight. Journaling is a beneficial tool.

TSFL Personal Electronic Scale

Speaking of weight, people who monitor their weight regularly, have better weight management success than those who avoid the scale.

When I weighed 265 pounds, I ONLY weighed when Nurse Sternfinger made me leap onboard at my annual physcial.

No wonder my blood pressure shot up. I lived in fear that she would announce my weight so everyone in the waiting/weighting room would know my weight. The Take Shape Digital Scale takes the guess work out of your weight loss progress. It accurately weighs from 0-330 pounds. Originally $73.00, now on sale for $54.75.

Ever wonder about the hubbub regarding determining your ideal weight?

It’s not just about losing enough weight to fit into a particular pair of slacks, to reduce your belt by a couple of notches, or to reach a certain weight that one needs to consider but rather measuring the amount of your body fat.

:oops: No need to strip down to your skivvies or tidy whities and get out the calipers to measure your love grips, the Take Shape Body Composition Analyzer measures body fat in 5 seconds. Now only $29.25 (reg. $39).

For most people with hypertension losing weight can also lower blood pressure and decrease associated health risks. Some people are able to have their medication dosages eliminated or reduced by losing weight. Keep track of your own blood pressure with the Take Shape Blood Pressure Monitor sale priced at $51.75 (Reg. $69)

Other Health Maintenance Sale Priced Items this month include the child-safe Digital Thermometer (Was $5.95, now $4.50) and the Digital Ear Thermometer (Was $49.00, now $36.75).
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mombarnes » January 18th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Thank you to the wonderful MakeMeThinner team for the spreadsheet daily journal. I downloaded it & am using it.

But I'd also like to put in a good word for the My Daily Journal that Nancy highlights in the January specials. It has a place to record what we are feeling & experiencing on this journey. I have been using mine for awhile now ... and am sure that I will really value this as I go into maintenance as a tool to look back over what I'm experiencing. Or if I ever slipped off the program, I would want to have this journal to show me what DOES work & how I feel about it.

Anyhow, it's a very low-cost item and something that will pay back many times over in future, I believe. I'm going to order a couple of months' worth while it's on sale! Thanks, Nancy
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2005, 10:40 pm

MomBarnes ~

You are most welcome, my Little Darlin' and please know that it is GREAT to re-read things you've written on your journey to wellness and happiness.

It is cathartic to write about one's feelings. :x Venting is good - treat your journal like a Dipsy Dumpster - write about the times you feel deprived when others around you are porking out and you can't - after a while, you'll realize that it is NOT a matter of deprivation at all; it is rather a purposeful choice to avoid the flab-creators and to consciously choose the better way.

The Daily Journal is just a few pennies a day and it's a lot less costly than a ;) psychologist and it saves :oops: relationships to be able to write what you'd love to say but dare not!

I record my Because I can moments, smile-bringers (that's YOU, Folks!) and great quotes too - it's my Junque and Joy Journal that keeps me sane and slender! Shoppage would be my non-caloric drug of choice but journaling saves our relationship and bank account!
:mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Monthly Specials