Guido's Turkey Day Words Of Wisdom....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Guido's Turkey Day Words Of Wisdom....

Postby explorthis » November 24th, 2004, 4:34 pm

Guido’s words to who ever is listening.

Many of us are fat, over weight, plump, or whatever you want to call it. We have been this way for a looooong time (speaking from PERSONAL experience) and long for bodies to be skinny, slim, svelte, or whatever you want to call it. Bottom line, we are here for one reason, and one reason only (well maybe a few tiny reasons more) and this is to lose weight. We have begun, and failed countless diets throughout our lives.

Along comes Medifast.

From LW’s good book, we know that Medifast is medically proven. John’s Hopscotch, and many other Doctor types have given the seal of approval. The other side is, forgetting for a second that these honcho’s have signed off on it, that IT WORKS. IT WORKS!!!

How many other diets have you been on, those of you that have lost 1 pound or 100 pounds that took the weight off so easily? None. Yes there is Jenny this, and W.W. that, and Fatkins, and Someone’s beach, but plain and simple Medifast works like no other. Again try after try, fail after fail, this is the plan to be on, because it works like no other.

None of us here are making any money pitching Medifast. Sylvia, Camille, Carrie, Gerald, Lois, Sheryl, and you others – why are you here? Are you getting paid? No, in fact, Gerald is paying YOU to lose weight!!! Go figure. Support and letting others know what Medifast did for you, and can do for others. Show me another plan where the participants are NOT compensated – and provide this 24-hour support for FREE.

Here comes the pitch – tomorrow is Turkey day. This is a good day for family to gather, yarn together, and spend time with loved ones. Eating on Turkey day for you Medifasters is not on the list (lest your on a very, very TEENSY lean/green) and we need to remember why we are here in the first place.

DO NOT give into temptation. We need to show strength. I was the first to cry in my milk “this is the last plate of goodies I will ever see – this is the last Thanksgiving, Christmas feast I will ever see – it’s not coming again – if I miss out this time, there will not be another… waaa-waaa-waaa-waaa” Hear me whining? Guess what – deep down inside we ALL know there will be more turkeys, and hams awaiting us. Don’t let this day ruin all your hard work, not for a second. Be strong. Remain Medifast committed to the end. Don’t allow your Mom, or Dad, or significant other tell you, ahh common, it’s not gonna hurt you, what’s one little bite/plate going to do? There is always tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow – IT WILL HURT YOU, it will hamper your progress. Maybe just a little? Why even screw up your progress for a second? There will be more and more and more. These holiday feast days are short. The food is not on the table that long. You do not have to relentlessly watch the food all day; it will be eaten in a heartbeat, cleaned up, and forgotten till next year (for the most part). BE STRONG – let this be the time you just say no to FAT, and say yes to a new you.

I promise there is life after Medifast. I promise you that ALL of those sins you had in the past will be there waiting when you finish. Weather you decide to partake, or be strong, they will ALL still be there.

Words from a TRUE MEDIFAST SUCCESS….

Be good.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Simmshe » November 24th, 2004, 8:55 pm

Great post, Mike! And of course, I expect nothing less from Guido ;).

Yep, we are not paid actors--Medifast is the bomb! Although, I think there is a health advisor position in my future--I just love this stuff so much and love helping people.

Anyways, I had not really considered eating on Thanksgiving Day, until a few days ago. Friday marks my 16 weeks on Medifast (19 weeks total time since I started, but minus the three weeks that I was off plan), complete fast (soup, occasional bars included), and I decided last week that I was going to switch to the modified plan (3-4 times a week) after 16 weeks, so I'm planning to eat a lean and green tomorrow. The smaller that I get the more active I become, both doing everyday things and structured exercise. I'm ready to "bust it out" on the elliptical and bike, and hit the weights--I've been getting back to exercising and I want more fuel (by the way, a 5 oz skinless chicken breast has a whopping 45 grams of protein--this will be needed for energy and muscles as I up my cardio and strength training. Unlike some of you, I have a cumulative 128lbs loss from my highest weight, with roughly 102lbs left to lose (can anyone say "flabby"?!?--if I wait any longer to get back to strength training, my arms and inner thighs will turn from semi-flabby, cellulite ridden to completely flabby, cellulite ridden :shock:--I know, maybe too much info!).

Anyways guys, heed Guido's words--be good :)! And if you're feeling like you want to indulge a little--PLAN it--don't get caught in position of spontaneity with food choices. Nothing's worse than saying you're not going to eat anything off plan and then get to the dinner table and lose it (I know this personally--it's part of the reason I went off plan so badly in early October--didn't plan for things well, especially mentally, and the old all or nothing thinking sunk in after the first day I went off plan). If you plan to have a couple bites of this and couple bites of that, beforehand, you maintain your control and won't feel like a Tasmanian food monster! Feeling overwhelmingly deprived sure can wipe out will power. Nancy wrote about this in one of her Newsletters about how she handled Thanksgiving Day last year--she planned her transgressions. I know, I know what you're thinking Guido--no one should stray--period :)! But I'm just offering another point of view to those who might go off plan despite their best efforts, to help counter any black and white thinking that can turn one day of eating off plan into weeks of regret, overeating or just plain eating the non-Medifast way and then trying to get back on plan (for weeks or months).

Anyways, have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone :thanksgiving:! Remember, this day isn't a deal breaker--make the best choices, enjoy yourselves, and get back to business pronto (should you digress a little) :)!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 25th, 2004, 5:58 am

Simmshe wrote:I have a cumulative 128lbs loss from my highest weight, with roughly 102lbs left to lose

Sheryl, I hope this isn't a contest, cause if it is, I'm da bomb! LOL

I have a accumulated weight loss (as of last Sunday) of 130 pounds with another 168 to go! Woowee, there'll definitely be webs hanging off me by the time I get there!!!

GREAT post, Mike!!!

:turkey: :thanksgiving: :turkey:

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room