Great first week!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Great first week!

Postby Simmshe » July 20th, 2004, 7:25 am

Hi everyone! I've had my first full successful week on MF and I lost 16lbs!

I had started a couple of weeks ago, fell off at Day 6, went a little food crazy, and promptly regained all but four of the pounds that I had lost (it was mostly water, of course, which I know is very easy to regain) and took a good 5-6 days to refocus and recommit, coming back more focused and determined than ever. I even had ice cream duty at a birthday party on Saturday and almost instinctually licked a finger when some ice cream got on it. It's such a natural thing to do, but I caught the thought before it took hold. Also, faced and defeated one of my personal nemeses--white icing cake (one of my old standby binge foods)! Didn't have a lick of food and didn't crave or lust after it either.

Thank you all for your support and inspiration--glad to be amongst you losers :)!

Now that water weight is out of the way, let the fat-burning really begin :yippee:!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » July 20th, 2004, 7:30 am

:cleader: :cleader: WAY TO GO SHERYL!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing first week! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work, and the great posts - I get a lot out of your posts - they sound like they could be me talking.

Way to resist the cake and ice cream! Isn't it a great feeling when we face temptation and defeat it?

I had a little victory of my own this morning - the scale FINALLY fell below 223, a number I was stuck at for a month - I hit 222.4 this morning, YAY!

Stay tough Sheryl, you're doing great!
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sylvia » July 20th, 2004, 7:56 am

Hi Sheryl,

Fantastic first week! I read somewhere that only half of the first week weight loss is water so just think - you may have lost 8 pounds of actual fat! Pretty incredible.

Here's to a great week 2.

Carrie - wonderful to see you below that 223 mark - I know what a struggle has been. Let's hope everything speeds up now that you've made it past that barrier.

Have a great week!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ria » July 20th, 2004, 8:34 am

WOhooooooooo Sheryl!!!!

I am happy that you overcame your temptations. I bet you feel that 16lbs in your clothes already. If you do it is more than water. Keep going girl!!! :cheers:

184/162/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » July 20th, 2004, 9:07 am

Great job! You know, only about half of that 16 lbs is water...the other half is FAT, baby!!!

Great job!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Simmshe » July 20th, 2004, 9:07 am

Thank you all :)! And great news for you Carrie to have broken your plateau--looks like your body is finally ready to let go of some more fat!

And you all are right, that whole 16lbs wasn't water, I figured some fat was burned in the process, and I'll gladly take 50% water, 50% fat :). Today I put on a pair of previously well-fitting size 24 pants that I bought a couple of weeks ago, and they are so baggy that I can actually take them off without unbuttoning them! I feel the water loss in my fingers, as a ring I wear is falling off, and in my feet, too. And for sure, I've lost an inch or two in my thighs, arms, and waist. And strangely, my knees are smaller. I know this because they are not forcing my feet off of the scale when I weigh in.

Thank you all, again, so much--I count this support forum as being a great part of my of success :). I'm not getting ahead of myself though--going to keep doing what I'm doing, doing this one day at a time, small victories at a time :).

Let's keep rockin' and rollin' guys :yeah:!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room