Good Trade? You decide!

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

Good Trade? You decide!

Postby explorthis » January 21st, 2004, 7:53 am

Reading a few posts (especially the Sugar Coma one from Indigo-Laurie) made me chuckle a bit. I am not quite at my goal yet. I have somewhere in the range of 5-10 pounds to go. My total loss is 107# as of this am.

Here are a few trade offs I have found over the past 135 days:

Call them what you will, but I gotta PEE! Yes. I was always a pretty good drinker – water and alcohol included. Once Medifast began, I knew I needed to drink more “LIQUID” (not alcohol) I read you needed 64oz min o’er and above the Medifast. Somewhere I read, just drink a gallon a day of everything, and this will be enough. Well I have come pretty close to this. This caused one trade off, yes the weight comes off – did I say the weight comes off? Yes it comes off. Do any of you know besides Nancy what 100 pounds of weight loss feels like? You will! The trade off here is the peeing, numerous trips to the bathroom, wearing a beaten path in the carpet at 2:00 in the morning to the terlet.

Yes. It sucks, or does it? Decide your trade… Pee every evening for the rest of your life 365 days a year, or remain FAT? Which is it? Easy answer, easy trade. I opted to pee – good trade!

Cold – you already read my post on cold. I was always the heater. My Bride of 15 years always loved getting into bed next to me, I was the heater. I held the heat. Any women out there that love to get into bed, and take all your mans warmth to benefit yourselves? Putting those 5-toed ice cubes at the bottom of your body right on his warmest place? My wife knew all the warm places on my body all too well. Interesting thing occurred… Now she is the heater, and HATES it when I get into bed LATE (next subject) nothing I enjoy more than putting the “slipper on the other foot” – I am the ice box, she is the heater – move closer, I am getting warm. She hates it. I say 15 years of me being the heater, means I have 15 years worth of warmth credits in the bed-bank coming to me now.

Yes. It sucks, or does it? Decide your trade… Cold every evening for the rest of your life 365 days a year, or remain FAT? Which is it? Easy answer, easy trade. I opted to get warm instead of being FAT – good trade!

Energy level. Indigo said I’m still 'transitioning' and hope to sleep better soon. Well I say good luck, it’s been 135 days today, and I still do not sleep. Don’t get me wrong, I sleep, and I sleep soundly, when I sleep, but getting there is another story. Funny thing, another change has taken place. Energy – what’s energy? Well I am the definition of energy. Not a huge exerciser, but I do my small share. I cannot sleep. I cannot at anytime go to bed before about 11:00-11:30 every night. Sometimes I am forcing myself into bed at 12:00. I generally get up, even on weekends at 5:00. Oddly enough I need no sleep. I am guessing that there is NO CRAP in my system, no sugar; no sugar coma’s. Must be that 100 octane, pure body power that is keeping me awake. Speaking of energy, last nite, we as a family are watching American Idol (stop laughing) I remember this morning is trash day. I run outside, I have a lot of trash to take out. I run up and down the driveway quite a few trips to the curb. Got it all done before the commercial break ran out. Came back in, ran to the easy chair. About a minute later I realized I was not panting, I could not physically tell I had just “worked out” Funny what 100 pounds does for you – I was not the slightest bit winded. I am not in wonderful shape by any means, I still have quite a bit of toning to do, but I was not winded – this was an odd NEW occurrence I had discovered!!

Yes. It sucks, or does it? Decide your trade… Awake every evening for the rest of your life 365 days a year, or remain FAT? Which is it? Easy answer, easy trade. I opted to take what sleep I could instead of being FAT – good trade!

A few bad trades? A few good trades? You decide. Maybe it’s just my body, but I will keep these piddly trades any day of the year to experience this feeling of being thin. I AM ALMOST THIN IN MY EYES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!

I ran into a co-worker about a week ago, that I had not seen in about a year (100+ pounds ago for analogy) her only comment was: “Hi, God you’re all thin now” That was all I needed. This filled my gas tank for the entire day.

Folks, all it takes is for 1-2-3 comments to come rolling in, and you are getting ready for an orgasm. Odd analogy. I cannot describe it any better. Here is a scary thought for you adults… If I had to give up sex forever, or feel as good as I do, which would I take? Read my “orgasmic posts” pretty easy answer…

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Indigo » January 21st, 2004, 8:19 am

oh, Mike, What can I say? You ARE the Medifast GOD!!!!! :bow:

I'm going to put your credo where I can see it on my way to the bathroom in the early morning hours . . . .

Here's to 'A Gallon A Day" :toast:
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 21st, 2004, 8:49 am

Great tradeoffs, I'd say....

If I were to make a list of pros and cons of being thinner, there's no doubt the pros would outnumber the cons significantly.

This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » January 21st, 2004, 9:43 am

Mike,

You are such a great asset to this forum. Thanks! :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2004, 10:06 am

Every now and then we get a post like this. I'm not saying that anyone's post is more/less important, but one's like this get to the real root of why we're here.

I'm gonna "sticky" (means it stays at the top of the list) this one for now and let it run it's course with everyone's reply.

I'll make a room, something like (Inspirational) and we'll scoot these kinds of posts into those rooms for everyone to read when they need a little lift.

If anyone has suggestions for nominations, let me know....

Thanks for all your great posts Mike. They're an inspiration for all.
:thumbup:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Starloser63 » January 21st, 2004, 1:27 pm

Mike,

Wow great post, I am looking forward to not being the heater. I am always warm. My hubby is always puttin those cold piglets where I don't want them. I live in Texas so being warm is not the best thing even in uhh I think its called winter. We get chilly but it doesn't last long and only a couple days of cold.

I am willing to trade anything! I have a 2 1/12 year old girl (Addie) and a 15 year old girl (Samantha). I want to be a mom that can go with them and do with them. I have not been very healthy these last 3 years. I mean really bad in and out of the hospital weeks at a time. I also have lower back trouble to top it all off.

Thanks again. Sounds like you have alot of good posts can't wait.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » January 21st, 2004, 1:58 pm

Starloser63 wrote:Mike,

Wow great post, I am looking forward to not being the heater.

I live in Texas so being warm is not the best thing even in uhh I think its called winter. We get chilly but it doesn't last long and only a couple days of cold.

I am willing to trade anything! I have a 2 1/2 year old girl (Addie) and a 15 year old girl (Samantha). I want to be a mom that can go with them and do with them.

Thanks again. Sounds like you have alot of good posts can't wait.

Well it appears we have alot in common:

1. I have 2 girls (lights of my life that sometimes need strangling) Niki is 2-1/2, going on 13 and Alix is 13 (will be 13 in a week)

2. I live in Southern California, so I know what your weather is - Lucky us we are not Mid Western or East Coasters that really know cold. We Californian's bitch when it is in the 50's, and we ARE LUCKY.

3. Most important, I am, as you want to be, the Dad that goes everywhere with my carpet crawlers. Right now Alix is very influended by things she sees, and is really interested in where I go, and what I do. Since I have always been FAT (its ok to call it FAT) I have ALWAYS been consious about being "watched" by others and her friends.

Guess what - there is life (L-I-F-E!!!) after being overweight. I get excited when she wants to go somewhere with me. I like tucking in my shirt, dressing up, having my clothes fit NORMALLY. I enjoy raising a stink in the store (I am a huge kid as you will figure as you get to know me) causing my wife to think she has 3 kids. All this stuff and 100's more items are happening in the THIN world. I am just discovering them. Don't get me wrong, I am not a different Dad than I was before, just a thinner, more "want to do things" Dad than I was before!!

We have alot in common, including the biggest one: Wanting to and actually taking control of our lives (mine for the first time in my life)

Be faithful. Be true. Medifast is the (quoting my 13y/o) B-O-M-B!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby HD » January 30th, 2004, 5:58 pm

Mike,

"I AM ALMOST THIN IN MY EYES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!"

When you wrote that I soared within my dreams of the day I could feel like that. I am so thankful for all your posts and one day I will be thin, I will, I will....

HD
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to The Elevator