Can't decide

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Can't decide

Postby clippin » February 16th, 2004, 3:18 pm

:?:
First of all, I must say that what I've read here on this forum is very encouraging. But I am also a little nervous about starting this type of program. Today I am so gung-ho, but by the time I order my supplements, I worry that I will have lost that enthusiasm...

I tried a similar weight loss 15 years ago, Physician's Weight Loss Centers, here in Ohio. It was very difficult for me to stick to it, and of course I gained everything back. A lot older, hopefully wiser, and at least 70 pounds heavier, I wonder if I can do it again. I now have a family to care for and feed in addition to caring for myself, and I am so much a sneaky eater, that I just don't know if I can commit to not sneaking food. And the thought of not being able to eat my favorite snacks (or anything but a salad and a chicken breast) is kinda scary.

Still, I think that the idea of being limited only to the shakes etc. and maybe one lean/green meal is very appealing. One less thing I need to worry about. My hubby needs to lose a bunch as well, but although he says he supports me, he says he wants to continue to eat.

I guess I am just looking for someone who might know what I am experiencing and can help me through it. If I could just start today, I would do it in a minute, but I won't get me supplies for at least a week.

Arrgghhh!!!
Thanks for your advice!
Clippin
clippin

Postby moutoncove » February 16th, 2004, 4:27 pm

Clippin,

See the replies on your other topic "Another question for the skeptic"
I've posted there too.

I'd like to address this.

am so much a sneaky eater, that I just don't know if I can commit to not sneaking food. And the thought of not being able to eat my favorite snacks (or anything but a salad and a chicken breast) is kinda scary.

That's exactly why I need to lose 100#. I didn't gain this by eating in front of people. I gained this by eating in the closet. I could stuff myself so much when no one was looking. Do I miss my favorite snacks. Yes, yes, yes. But I have this little saying on my signature "IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT". I keep telling myself that. If I keep eating in the closet all of my favorite snacks I'm going to have another 100# to lose and then that'll be 200#. Hell I'm hurting all over now with 100# extra to carry.

You have to come to a point where you have to say enough is enough and meaning it with all your heart and soul. You have to want THIN more than those snacks. A MOMENT ON THE LIPS FOREVER ON THE HIPS.

This diet is awesome. You will see results quick if you commit to it. There's no other way to lose it fast and we all want it off as fast as we can. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow and my stomach looks and feels so much flatter. I've never seen these results this quick on anything else. It always took 6 weeks before I would notice anything.

Give it some serious thought. You really, really have to want to be thin. Start visualizing what you will look like when you reach goal. See yourself in a two piece bathing suit strutten the beach looking all foxy. See yourself in some tight jeans with your shirt TUCKED IN. I do this alot. So much so I can actually see myself and I look pretty damn good. THAT'S WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT. You have to WANT IT. WANT IT LIKE NOTTHING ELSE. Oh by the way the key word here is YOU. No one else.

Come join us, you can do this. Read the forum. We all have our ups and downs but the downs are few if you stick with the program.

If you want to lose weight this is it. If you won't be satisfied with this you won't be satisfied doing anything else unless you can handle the 1# or maybe 2# a week loss. THIS will go alot faster.

Whew! I guess I rambled on enough. I just can't say enough good about this. Try it.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Indigo » February 16th, 2004, 4:50 pm

I did the same thing. Lost a lot of weight medical fasting @ 15 years ago, and gained every pound of it back. I'm older, hopefully wiser, and doing this for myself this time. Not for the weigh-in nurse, or the mandatory 'help group' meetings- myself.
I know now I have problems with emotional eating, and am fully dedicated to working my way through those issues while I lose weight this time.
I don't think I was ready for it 15 years ago. I'm more than ready for it now- and there's a whole lot of very 'real' support through this forum. The book 'Life is hard, food is easy' is excellent for people like me who use food for so many things other than 'fuel'. I'd highly recommend it!

You're not alone here. We've all been through what you've been through- it's almost like being in AA- maybe you could fool that skinny little weigh-in nurse with your excuses 15 years ago, but you better believe it's 'tough love' here on the forum!

You've come to the right place, and we're here for you . . .
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss