Good News w/ Blood Pressure!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Good News w/ Blood Pressure!

Postby Diet Diva » July 18th, 2005, 5:27 pm

Hi folks,

I know it's been a while, I've been terribly busy and have really missed checking in on the forum. I hope you are all well and finding ways to beat the heat. I am happy to report my last blood pressure reading of 114 over 69!!!!!!! Woo Hoo. Now, that's sure a far cry from back in the olden days (pre medifast) where I topped out in the 140's over 100 and some. And you know the sad thing was, I never had any "illness" or disease that caused high blood pressure. The only cause was my weight--and I did that to myself with a BMI of about 60 or so. Yep, medifast has sure helped me get back to normal. Any I'm currently at 30% body fat....still have a ways to go, but getting there.

And..I'm just sitting here listening to the latest news report that mentions American are the "most well fed yet undernourished" of any population on this planet. The report mentioned how we eat TONS of food, yet are missing out on all the true healthy benefits that food has to offer like vitatmins, minerals and such. Now isn't it great to know that we Medifasters don't fall in to that category anymore. We are easily some of the best nourished, albeit we use drastically smaller portions now, but we can lose the weight and stay healthy. Yeah!

Take care and keep up the good work everyone.

Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby martha » July 18th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Diet Dive--

That is great news about your blood pressure.. and your body fat is almost normal.. WOW!!!!! :mrgreen: I know you have to feel better.. isn't it jsut crazy how our weight effects all different parts of our bodies?? Keep up the good work...and Have a blessed week--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 18th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Diet Diva-

TERRIFIC news on your blood pressure!!! :yes:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 19th, 2005, 2:51 pm

Diet Diva,

CONGRATULATIONS! That is super news! I bet you did a dance around the room after finding out!

My husband started MFing with me about 6 weeks ago because he has played around with "borderline" high blood pressure. His mother and his brother have both been on High BP meds for about 15 years. (and ironically he weighs more than either of them...) But I was really starting to worry because it wasn't just spiky high then okay, it was up there and it stayed up there for a long time. While he had talked to drs. about it, no one was ready to put him on meds. After just one month on MF (lean&green) his blood pressure was in the NORMAL range. I was ELATED. Really and truly.

So I'm happy you posted about yours being normal! WOO HOO!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room