I am going to start Medi-fast very soon!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am going to start Medi-fast very soon!

Postby Newfiewife » October 11th, 2006, 9:31 am

I ordered my shipment and hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow. I had to fight my husband tooth and nail to let me start this diet, he felt the diet was too expensive :roll: .

So, let me introduce myself. My name is Christine. I have been lurking here for quite some time and I think I may need ya'll once I start. My husband is known for sabatoging my other diets. He doesn't do it maliciously, it's just he likes having a "food" partner. But since I am at least 80lbs overweight, I can't be a "food" partner any longer.

I do have a quick question. I will be cooking for me and my family. I can't make the same thing I eat for the rest of the family, at least not every night, my husband would FREAK! Hubby is a meat and potatoes, carrots, bread, mac and cheese kind of guy. So my question is does anyone have that kind of expierence. Making two meals each night?

I thought about making my L&G for lunch, but we do enjoy dinner everynight as a family and I would hate to just sit there as the kids and hubby much away and I drink my shake! LOL

Any advice would be great! Thanks so much! I really can't wait to start this diet!

Christine
Newfiewife

Postby Allie » October 11th, 2006, 9:43 am

Welcome to the forum!! This is such a vital part of my success and I am so glad that you found it.

I always cook for my man as he is a serious athlete and NEEDs lots of carbs. I just make grilled meat and grilled veggies and then buy fresh bread or make a box mix of cheeseeeee potatoes or pasta, or rice, or whatever. I have just decided that losing the weight is more important than having a few bites of something at dinner.

AND, my boyfriend has noticed the weight loss and tells me that he is proud of me. Just think how proud your DH will be when he starts seeing the pounds melt off.

As for the cost, you will be so much more healthy and have less health problems in the future, and save money that way. Also, there is a post on the weight room (I think) about all the reasons why it is really not that expensive.

Good luck, and if you need help or encouraement or a question answered, post it and someone will be there ASAP!!

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Elke » October 11th, 2006, 10:29 am

I cook for 3 teenage boys, my sweet daughter and my husband when he is home, he works out of town. I still manage to loose almost 50 lbs in almost 5 months. I will sometime eat the same as I cook for them minus the carbs and fatty foods. I just cook mine alittle different and sometime we all eat the same..Mrs. Dash Terriky(sp) on grilled chicken breast...you can beat that with a stick. You will learn these things as time goes. I remember at first all I had was Tuna and salad. Things change and so will your cooking, I doubt that your husband will notice a huge difference in his food.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby alohacate » October 11th, 2006, 11:26 am

Aloha & Welcome!! You are on your "weight" to success. You can do this - we can do this together!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » October 11th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Welcome to MF and the forum!! Glad you are here with us! Much success is wished for you! :)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » October 11th, 2006, 12:43 pm

Welcome Newfie!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

o-wow! thanks everyone

Postby Newfiewife » October 11th, 2006, 1:09 pm

I am so excited! I just got my box of stuff! And now I don't have a clue as to what to do with it! LOL

I am the type of person that needs specific instructions for the first 100 times I do something...then I can modify as I see fit, but I haven't a clue as to what do eat at what time.

Where can I look that stuff up? Menus or can anyone post what they eat everyday? I mean, should I have oatmeal first? shake? When do I need to eat soup? it says I can have a snack and soup is an option, but can I have soup for lunch?

I am soooooooooooooo confused! :scratchhead:
Newfiewife

Postby alohacate » October 11th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Hang in there girl, your gonna be fine. First check out the Quick Start Guide that came with your order, it has specific instructions. As for the order, as long as you eat every three/ four hours it is up to you as to what you want to eat/ when. I've followed the advise not to eat a bar for the first or last meal. I typically eat my supplements for the first four meals, then my lean & green, then one more supplement b/fore bedtime. There is a great thread on meals - check it out to spice up your lean green life! Now let's get shakin................
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate

Re: wow! thanks everyone

Postby Sojourner » October 11th, 2006, 1:48 pm

Newfiewife wrote:...it says I can have a snack and soup is an option, but can I have soup for lunch?

Wow, I remember those first few confusing days! Don't freak yourself out, it ain't no big thing. Yes, read the Quick Start guide, it'll tell you everything you need to know. The soups that are considered snacks are the Fast Soups, the regular soups are the meals...any of which you can have in whatever order you like (the meals). You can have chili for breakfast if you like!

Enjoy, and don't stress yourself out!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby monkeegirl » October 11th, 2006, 2:17 pm

It is really easy, there is no thought involved, or cooking time. I love that about the program, and I just started myself!! Hang in there, and have FUN. :lol:
"Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

monkeegirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby VickyJ » October 11th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Welcome!

I agree with everyone. You can cook a variety of things for your lean & green (L&G) daily. Chicken, white fish, salmon, tuna (7 oz of any of those) or beef or lean pork (5 oz of these) for example. Just grill instead of frying. Use spices and read your quick start guide for guidelines on things like BBQ sauce, ketchup, etc. You can add a salad, green beans, or any of the other vegetables listed in the quick start guide, which everybody can eat. Then you can also cook potatoes, rice, or whatever your family likes, and add bread and dessert. You just skip the starches and dessert. Eat your L&G slowly. Enjoy each bite!

As for the meal supplements, mix them up daily. Just pick out five early in the day. One bar per day only (and not the first or last meal). Read the Lean Cuisine forum for ideas on doctoring up your supplements (spices for soups, splenda or SF DaVinci syrups for shakes, pudding, oatmeals).

As for the expense, I have found that it isn't much more expensive than eating "normal" food. Once you cut out fast food, desserts, junk food, candy, and two meals per day, you've pretty much paid for your Medifast meals....especially if you take advantage of free shipping and various specials and coupons.

Good luck to you. It is really a pleasant program if you ask me. Add to that the pounds and inches that melt quickly away, and you will be a happy camper!

Sorry if I repeated what you've already read!
VickyJ
Start Date: 7/8/06 166 Goal: 11/9/06 140

VickyJ
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » October 11th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Take a deep breath :) Listen to what everyone here has said, that gave great advice, just remember to breathe. It really is very simple.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » October 11th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Welcome, good luck, and use this forum and your HA whenever you need. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Hi

Postby dede4wd » October 12th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Welcome Newfie!

I hope your day is going well!
dede4wd

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 12th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Hello and Welcome Newfie! Glad you joined the forum! :cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125