I GIVE UP ON THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY!!!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

I GIVE UP ON THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY!!!

Postby shortfynesse » July 20th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Hi everyone! Hope all is well.

Just 3 weeks ago I started a new job as a closer for a mortgage lender. Pay was great, location was great, heck even the job itself I enjoyed.
So I get to work early on Tuesday for a company wide meeting only to find out they were downsizing (business was slow). I guess you can figure out by now that I was one of the employees they let go (being that I had just started) I was sick to my stomach. :x :x :x This is the second time in one year where my position at a BANK was eliminated. :x

Now I am back to square one. I can now call my self a professinal job seeker. If only I got paid for it. I am officially done working for financial instutions because as long as the economy is bad, business is bad.

On a lighter note, I did receive my first Medifast package yesterday!! :D

Thanks for letting me vent.
shortfynesse

Postby DogMa » July 20th, 2006, 3:43 pm

I'm so sorry. I hope you find something even better soon!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby supermom » July 20th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Look into training through your local workforce development center. Here in Texas, it is the Texas Workforce Center. There is a program called "The Dislocated Worker". It is FEDERAL funding set aside for persons who are dislocated from a job that is not a demand occupation in the area in which they live. It pays for job retraining. I used to be a case worker for the state of Texas. They did away with my division, so I applied as a dislocated worker. They are paying me to go to Nursing School. There is some testing involved, and all of the rules are federal, so what is a rule in Texas would apply anywhere. There are suitability issues, etc...If you have any questions, shoot me a pm and I might can answer them. Sometimes it is nice to get to just start all over and learn a completely new skill.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 21st, 2006, 2:48 am

So sorry about this. Hope you're able to find the job that you'd like to have.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shortfynesse » July 21st, 2006, 2:07 pm

Thanks for your replies. I've been online sending out resumes :x LOL

Supermom-I'm going to pm you right now. Ohio is kind of scarce when it comes to assistance but I would love to know more about the program.
shortfynesse

Postby tlo » July 22nd, 2006, 7:59 am

Tammy,

Sorry to hear about your job loss (Even though you called me on the phone and told me all about it), just wanted to say it again.
Things will get better, that is a promise. And once you start a new job you will be back on a normal schedule, and then you can start your Medigrub!!
So hang in there. Things will work themselves out, they always do! ;)

You should come back and work here with me again, (But then again that is another Financial Institution, and I know you aren't trying to go there again :mrgreen: )

Talk to ya later!!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Aerie » July 22nd, 2006, 8:55 am

:x Hang in there.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby shortfynesse » July 23rd, 2006, 1:19 pm

Thanks again.

Things seem to be looking up. I got some helpful tips from Supermom and I will be back out there bright and early tomorrow morning looking. This has to be the first of better things to come.
shortfynesse

Return to What's Shakin'