getting very discouraged

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

getting very discouraged

Postby Allie » August 19th, 2006, 8:52 am

I am so discouraged. The first week I was on MF, I lost 8 lbs which was great. In week 2 I went off for 3 days to go rafting, and gained 3 lbs. This week, I stuck EXACTLY to the 5/1 plan as written, and even drank extra water, but gained a pound. I thought that maybe I had lost some inches or something to keep me going, but it is all the same, so after three weeks on MF, I have only lost 4lbs, and it was all int he first week.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sarya » August 19th, 2006, 9:20 am

Well, I hate to say this, but going off plan right after starting pretty much sets you back to square one. What I would suggest is just sticking the plan as it is in the quick start booklet. Eat all your supplements, drink all your water, don't exercise, and give a chance to work. Your body may be a little confused right now so give it some time. At least give it a month and see what happens. You'll lose.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 10:47 am

Sarya is right. Sorry but you really do need to stick to the plan like glue, particularly during the beginning. Don't be discouraged. The first week you really didn't lose 8 pounds of fat so really it's impossible to say what kind of "damage" you actually did. You get back on track and stay in it. You'll do it!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » August 19th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Allie, one day at a time, get through one whole week being compliant and see how much weight you lose, like the 8 # you lost before. Then, do the program for another week after that. Bet you will be pleased with what you see!! And, drink all your water! :D Be proud that you are confronting your extra weight and doing something about it! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Elidh » August 19th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Hang in there, Allie - don't be discouraged. The weight WILL come off...you might even want to not weigh for 2 weeks, but stick to the plan religiously! We're here if you need us!
Elidh

Elidh
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby alohacate » August 19th, 2006, 8:34 pm

You can do this! Don't let this get you down. Your body will get back on track...... hang in there.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 20th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Hi Allie - we started the same day! It sounds like you did everything right last week...Hang in there, give this week your all as well and you should start to see the pounds come back off and take some friends with them! :D

Week 2 was a bit bleak for me, but it picked back up in week 3 and I didn't have the best of week meal-wise and missed quite a few.

All we can do is live & learn - weight loss is never an easy journey, but stick with it and you WILL DO IT!!
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 20th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Work the plan to the letter and then give your body time to adjust. It's really best to levaluate your weight on a monthly basis, even if you physically weigh every day.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.