Gaining weight and HAPPY!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Gaining weight and HAPPY!!!

Postby Alison » October 7th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a long while because I have been working on an important project! One of the many reasons I did MF and still use the products is because I wanted to lose weight and be HEALTHY. I wanted at some point to be at a healthy weight when I tried to conceive and I wanted to get a grip on my overeating so I would not teach my bad habits to my future children. Well I'm happy to say that I need to put on about 25 pounds over the next 8 months!! I am having a baby!!! My doc says I can continue with the MF shakes as a supplement because I enjoy them and they are loaded with vitamins!!! The funny thing is when I am at full term weight I'll still weigh less than when I started MF!! I'll be 130-135!
I still need to control my eating, weight gain in pregancy is about proper nutrition not gorging. There was a time when I only wanted to be pregnant so I could EAT,EAT, EAT now I'm joining 'pregancy without the pounds'. My health and my new baby's is the most important!!!!
Thanks again to all that have supported me. This group is fantastic.
ALison
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby smartiegrrl » October 7th, 2004, 6:17 pm

Congrats!! :D
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 7th, 2004, 8:47 pm

Alison,

Nice to meet you! What glorious news! You are a geniune success story with such a happy bonus - a baby!!! Wow! Having to put on weight. Don't think those words will ever leave my lips referring to my body. Please if you don't get too busy, let us know how you're doing. Many of us will be on maintenance soon, and your experience choosing healthy foods to gain would be educational.

Oh my, what a journey you are now on. Congratulations and the very best of health to you! :cheers:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RareBear » October 9th, 2004, 3:46 pm

I'm so happy for you! My children are the greatest blessings in my life and so it will be for you. :D :D :D
RB
RareBear

Postby DutchChoc » October 11th, 2004, 12:57 pm

Hi, Alison.

You don't know me because I was just lurking about the last time I remember "hearing" from you. First, congratulations!!

What intrigued me then was that you'd completed 8 weeks of MF, I believe just shakes?, and I remember you'd lost a lot and were at a wonderful weight. Then, 8 weeks sounded amazing to me and I wanted to do the same thing -- maybe I was at only a couple of weeks then, maybe that was even before I started officially doing a "good job" with my MF. Anyway, I wondered what happened to you -- you were facing going home to visit your family then and were worried about what would happen there; I could certainly relate to that because I would've worried about the same thing.

Neat that the doctor likes the MF product -- kind of backs up the fact that I've felt really wonderful on shakes alone. I never would've thought THAT possible. Take care, and glad to hear from you with such amazing news -- pregnancy weight being that low will be easier to manage than otherwise, I'm sure. Yippee.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room