Frustration ! Advice ?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Frustration ! Advice ?

Postby becksdog » September 13th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Hi everyone ! I am new to the forum and to Medifast (11 days). I haven't had any problem with the progrm so far and have found I do have more energy. However, several of us at work are doing Medifast and they are all losing weight much faster than I am. In 10 days, I have lost 3.6 lbs, great I am excited, but in 10 days 2 other people at work have lost 8lbs and 10lbs ! WHat ????? I am wondering where I have gone wrong ? I know that a couple of days I only managed to get 4 Medifast and 1 lean and green meal in. With my work schedule, by the time I get home it's 7pm, I have my lean and green but don't want to eat again after 9PM ? Could this be it ? WOuld it be bad to have the 5th Medifast meal so late ? I do drink all of my water, so I know it's not that. WHat stinks is that I have more weight to lose than the others at work, so I assumed I would lose faster. Am I just whining ? Thanks and success to all ! :)
becksdog

Postby llrickman » September 13th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Hi Becks and welcome,
You kind of answered your question. IT IS important that you have all 5 MF meals every day.
You are consuming lower calories now and my missing a meal your lowering that even more. Your body will think its starving and may actually try and hold on to the weight.

I generally eat at 7,10,1,4,7 and 10 and am in bed usually between 10 and 11. Dont worry about having a MF meal before bed. Your actually better off than going without it

It sounds like your doing good just make sure you get all of your meals in and remember everyone loses at a different rate. My first week i lost 18.4lbs but my wife lost about 4. She has averaged around 2-3 a week. Of course most of mine was water since then i have been from 3-7 lbs on most weeks
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » September 13th, 2007, 11:25 pm

My only other follow-up is to never compare your loss to others. We are all individuals. The average weekly loss is 2-5 lbs. Big range actually. Its also an average, so some lost 1 lbs or less and some lose 6 lbs and more a week.
Just stick to the plan, have ALL 5 medimeals and follow the L&G guidelines and you will be fine. Make sure you drink all of the water (and more). ;)

One more thing, make sure you register (little button at the bottom) so you can post in all areas available here. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thank you !

Postby becksdog » September 14th, 2007, 5:55 pm

llrickman and Mike, thanks for your advice !
becksdog

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2007, 6:37 pm

Hey, Becks ~

How are you doing today?

Mike and llrickman are right-on. :thumbup: Thanks, Guys!

Yup, it DOES stink when others lose faster and you know you are doing all the right things. Makes ya wanna form a fist and :x :x shake it at the scale, huh? Just one of those 'life is so not fair' dealy-bobs we face. :mrgreen:

Most likely you embarked on your journey because you wanted to feel better, improve your health and feel more comfortable in your clothes and social relationships. We want to keep you :stroll: motivated and :yeah: encourage you - you are doing a very good thing for yourself. Back pat, back pat... :pet:

Be sure to consume all 5 of your meal packets every day.
Sometimes it is hard to eat the packets when we feel satisfied - we are used to thinking we must cut down on our food intake to lose weight and that is true on traditional diets with regular food.

The Medifast products are specially designed to provide exactly the right amount of fuel for our needs and it naturally suppresses our appetite, hunger and cravings are eliminated when we eat all of the prescribed food - HOORAY and YIPPY! I love it!

Becks, no packet skipping! Most of us save our 5th packet for after dinner. I have been on maintenance for over four and a half years and I still eat 6 or 7 times a day and always have a packet right before slumbering off to dreamland.

It is also really important to not eat any extra carbohydrates – when we do, those crazy carbs can kick up the hungries and start cravings that are hard to control. Have patience, you are on your way to becoming your healthiest best!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Frustration Update !

Postby Becksdog » September 18th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Thanks for everyones advice and kind words. Since my post I have been getting all 5 MF meals in along with my Lean and Green. WOW ! What a difference, I have been losing an average of 6 oz a day !!! I am so pleased that I did't give up. I realize the loss will slow down, but right now, I am on day 15 and have lost a total of 6.8lbs. Not as fast as others, but that's O.K. !!!!!Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ! :D
Becksdog

Postby Nancy » September 19th, 2007, 12:03 am

Dear Becksdog ~

Whew! :lol:

So :thumbsup: happy to hear that you are on your Medi-way.

It takes a few days (or weeks for some of us) to get the program down pat. Although the Quick Start Guide says to eat every three hours, I find that many of our bellies and bodies run out of fuel a tad bit sooner than that, especially in the beginning. Eating at 2.5 or 2.75 hour intervals helps and slugging down the water 'til ya slosh also helps.

Medifast is slightly dehydrating so we need to replace the water we whiz out plus the water helps to metabolize the flab melting.

We wanna wash that crud right outta our cells!

:water: also keeps ya from getting the dreaded :twisted: Big C (constipation)

- that is HARDly fun to experience and leaves some disGRUNTled

until they figure out that water slurpage makes the day :runner: GO mo' betta! :lol:

Keep up the thinnin' :yes:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby BabyTrace » September 19th, 2007, 6:37 am

Great advice here Becks. I noticed a slowed loss in week 2 when I wasn't getting in all my meals. Since then, I haven't missed a meal time and the weight has consistently came off.

Here's to your success!
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » September 19th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Congratulations, BECK. You're doing fine...just keep it up.
You will win at the losing game, guaranteed!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.