From 303 lbs to 237 lbs!!!!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

From 303 lbs to 237 lbs!!!!

Postby Nite Izes » January 13th, 2005, 4:44 pm

There is member here on the forum who is over 150 lbs overweight. She has been communicating with me for quite awhile and we can understand each other's plight to morbid obesity. She is very embarassed of the way she looks and asked me to not identify her or provide info until she is ready to come out on her own and introduce herself. She was very skeptic and felt that weight loss surgery was the ONLY method for us, since morbid obesity is considered a legitimate medical disease.

She has been keeping tabs of my progress, but doubt that once a person is over 150 lbs overweight that any weight loss will work and that the skin will always be saggy and full of folds rolling off your body. I was over 165 lbs overweight in Jan 2004 and yes it has been a struggle to lose it, but I did it, am still doing it and losing the weight, not as fast as others, but I am losing and I thanks Medifast for contributing to that. She asked me to please take a picture now so she can believe that Medifast can make you lose weight without the sagginess. She just did not believe it can do that. Well for her and anyone out there like me that is extremely overweight and falls into the morbid obesity category here is a pic I took today Jan 13, 2005.

I was super morbidly obese weighing in at 303 lbs in the first pic and only measuring 5'2" tall. My BMI is over 55. In the lastest pic, I am now 237 lbs that is a total loss of almost 70 lbs. In the latest pics my pants fits so baggy that you can see the material sags from all the stretching, but my skin at the front is not saggy or flabby, it is still firm and as I said, only the material at my front is saggy. I just wanted to point that out. Also, I want to emphasize that I drink my Medifast and eat a regular meal everyday. But the most important thing is to do some form of exercise. For me, it is using the low impact Gazelle, every other day for 30 minutes. Any comments would be appreciated, it has been almost a year and I am still working it. For me, I noticed that the pants at the back are very loose and that my backside is smaller and LOOK!!!!! my butt is there, not saggy or missing in action... look out JLo, I am next to strut my stuff one day soon :mrgreen:

Last edited by Nite Izes on January 13th, 2005, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » January 13th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Wow! What a difference! Awesome, girl!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 13th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Thanks for sharing Nite,
You're doing fantastic!
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Nite Izes ~

You are looking very good and better yet, you are feeling good about yourself, your health has improved and you now know that it is possible to lose weight without surgery and taking drugs.

Mike, Gerald, Camille, Unca and others on the Forum have seen me in person and know that I look just fine after having lost 135 pounds - no surgery either.

Medifast works, Folks!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nite Izes » January 13th, 2005, 6:50 pm

Thanks guys, I just wanted to post this pic taken today. I noticed that you HAVE TO change your lifestyle and way of eating to a healthier one to improve your health and lifestyle. I noticed is that the answer to losing weight is you must have will power and determination, without giving up. Sure I hit a few plateaus along the way, but I did not give up and keep strong that my body needed a rest before going to the next journey in weight loss.

As you can see, I was extremely huge and a very petite person. The weight on me was unbearable and impaired my daily quality of life as well cause many medical problem since such weight aggravates and deteriorates your health. One thing about Medifast compare to weight loss surgery or weight loss medications is no risks or complications have developed. Also with weight loss surgery you have to take certain vitamins and nutrient pills everyday for the rest of your life, no exception on that.

At least as I keep losing, I noticed my skin is not saggy or have any rolls of flab on my body (yet) after lsoing almost 70 lbs. The weight is coming off gradually, in a healthy manner and at least any plastic surgery money can be spent on something else that I desire in life.
(303)285/208/140
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes

Postby Carrie » January 14th, 2005, 6:40 am

What a difference girl! You are well on your way. I'm very proud of you.

I've been at it for 10 months, and I wholeheartedly concur....this takes a lifestyle change....and yes, I have heard people say that for years and years, but I guess I just couldn't hear them then. When I started out I had this misconception that once I lost the weight I could just eat whatever I wanted....I know now that that isn't true, these changes are going to have to be practiced every day of my life. And I'm doing it willingly, because I don't ever want to go back to feeling the way I used to about myself when I weighed 265 pounds.

I would like this person to know that I used to feel the way she does. I thought 'How could a 265 pound 5'3" woman ever get back in shape?' I worried about flabby skin and stretch marks and all that, and I told myself there was no hope, I was too far gone. I mean this in the gentlest way...... but that was just an excuse not to lose the weight. It was one of the many ways that I used to convince myself that being approx 125lbs. overweight was ok. I had to accept the hard fact that it wasn't ok for me - I wanted more and better for myself. I wanted freedom from the prison of being fat.

Yes, it is a daily struggle. But there are payoffs along the way. I'm at 200 right now, and living my life joyfully for the first time in years. I enjoy getting dressed in my size 16 jeans and going out and dancing. Quite a difference from the person I was March 1, 2003, going to a concert shamefully in sweat pants because my size 26 jeans were too tight to get on.

It is worth it. But you must first decide that you are worth it. Please do that for yourself. And join us.

NI, you rock!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby RavenKat2 » January 14th, 2005, 7:37 am

Totally off topic, but your hair is going to be down to your butt soon!

You look amazing, btw. :yay:

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby JeweloftheNile » January 14th, 2005, 9:34 am

WOW!!!

You really can see the changes! That's always so amazing to me when I see first hand how what we put in our mouths, can completely change us!

You really don't think about it when you are eating the wrong foods that it is actually gonna attach itself to your body. But seeing your photos shows how making better choices can make dramatic changes.

Thanks for posting and well wishes to your friend in her journey.
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nite Izes » January 15th, 2005, 7:48 pm

hello Vicky, we are almost twins being that we are both petite. Girl, I understand and know what you mean when you say feel like a prisoner in your own body.

I do not feel taller, but guess since I am shrinking sideways it might make me look taller, but my height is the same. Between you and me, I also cannot wait to see how I would look being at least 25 lbs lighter, then 50 lbs, then hitting my goal. So far away, yet so close.
(303)285/208/140
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes

The comparison photos are awesome

Postby NE gal in South » January 18th, 2005, 2:09 pm

You truly have improved your health and well being forever, whatever happens continue to pursue your goal.

I know how difficult it gets, I started on June 18 at 280+ lbs. and am also short - 5 ft. 3 in. I want to get down to 125 lbs. and wear a belt that I have saved forever. I have about 45 lbs. to go depending on the fluctuating scale. The only really noticeable flab I have is on the underside of my upper arms and my doctor says it will not be there when I reach my goal if I continue to use hand weights 3 to 4 times a week. Today I am wearing a wool skirt that I bought in December from a catalog. When it arrived it was to tight, today it is very loose, when I walk the zipper shifts instead of staying in the back. Just one more item to be altered.

Keep Shakin
cmc
NE gal in South
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2005, 5:19 pm

Nite and Vicky ~

re:
I also cannot wait to see how I would look being at least 25 lbs lighter, then 50 lbs, then hitting my goal

Wouldn't it be cool if we had one of those mirrors they have in Fun Houses that stretch you out so you could have an idea of our 'after' look? Or if Unca could morph us? I suppose that one can stretch a photo upwards to get an idea of our longer leaner look!

This is truly an exciting journey and it is important to enjoy the little steps along the way. cmc ~ you just described a Because I can moment:

1) You looked, dreamed about and then selected and ordered smaller size clothing. :hmmm:
2) It once was tight but now is loose. :bounce:
3) The skirt has both a zipper and a button and they both work! :yippee:

4) The skirt is so happy is dances around your skinnier waist :dance:

5) You're not done yet - more skinniness is just around the corner!

:eat: Slurp that Medifast! Lift those weights :weightlift: Hello new life! :byebye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » January 19th, 2005, 8:14 am

Nancy,

Wouldn't it be cool if we had one of those mirrors they have in Fun Houses that stretch you out so you could have an idea of our 'after' look?

You just reminded me of something. If you go to Landsend.com, they have a model simulation you can use to see how your body might look in their clothing. You go in and program it with your height and weight and then you can adjust based on your body style. It's not perfect, but I have to say it's pretty dang accurate for me. Before I had lost weight I played with it to see what I might look like at several of my mini-goals.

It is not perfect, but a good way to get an idea of how your body will change at different weights.

S
Sylvia

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2005, 11:01 pm

Sylvia ~

Thanks for that! Very clever.

Now...can they show me with no eye crinkles and the jet balck hair I had when I was crinkle-less?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Aussiegirl » January 20th, 2005, 12:34 am

Hey Nite,Something else in your fantastic photos is that more of your beautiful face is appearing!
You know, I have never seen my real hips. i don't what they look like and can't wait to find out . You are an inspiration,
Thankyou
Aussiegirl
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2005, 1:05 am

re: hips..

One night during my thinnin' process I was lying on my back under the sheets, thinking about how happy I was and recounting my blessings. I was resting with my hands on my abdomen and suddenly I felt something very firm and angular. :shock:

I was so scared, I thought for sure I had discovered an insidious lump.

Oh, I was worried that is was a :twisted: cancerous mass, as I had a large tumor removed 30 years ago. I was fraught - thinking that just when my life was so wonderful something nasty popped up to give me grief.

When Terry slid under the blankies I had him feel the bump. He had me feel on the other side - :shock: :shock: Oh! No! It's already spread!

He began to laugh and informed me it was not a tumor but my hip bones!
:mrgreen:

I love it when I put on a pair of jeans or my leather pants and my hip bones feel pressure from the fabric - it was a totally foreign experience for me, People. I still get stoked!

Because I can!

Just you wait! Do NOT give up, do NOT give in - stick through it to the thin!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Studio