For women only - wasn't going to do this but ....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

For women only - wasn't going to do this but ....

Postby mytime » July 23rd, 2005, 9:47 pm

I was not going to post this because I know the answer but it is still bothering me so maybe I just need some hand holding. I have been blessed with MF so far. I am ending my fourth week aka first month. I started my "cycle" on Thursday. I am weighing in the morning but I weigh daily and post weekly - I know I have only lost .5 this week and it is really bothering me. I have lost over 20 pounds these four weeks - more than on any other diet in my whole life ever in one month's time. I should be doing hand stands and I know it. But I am not. I am having the running comentary in my head about how this is not going to work for me etc. I have been 110% compliant - I am having problems getting all of my meals in b/c my mind keeps saying eat less lose more - I am fighting this. I am continuing to eat 5 &1. What the heck with my thinking ? Scared fat girl mind working overtime. I must trust that this will work. I will not go off plan. For those of you who know what this is - I even spent 10 hours less than ten feet away from See's Candy on Friday in the throws of wild PMS and stared it in the eye, flinched but DID NOT FAULTER - Maybe that's it, I feel like the MF God's should reward me for not eating a bite let alone a 2 pound box :shock: Ok, I do feel a little better. Thank you for the rant, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » July 23rd, 2005, 9:51 pm

Oh, but the Medi-gods WILL reward you; it just might take an extra week. But when the nasty PMS bloat goes, I'm guessing it takes a few extra pounds with it. Hang in there!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 23rd, 2005, 10:44 pm

It works. I promise it works. It's working for me, and if it works for me it'll work for anybody. I've been fat all my life, and all of a sudden I'm not "FAT" anymore (still have a ways to go, but I'm "overweight" instead of "obese" now!).

My week 4 and 5 I lost exactly 0.5 pounds each week. It was driving me crazy, because I hadn't learned to trust the program yet. But I trusted Nancy, and I trusted my best friend who started MFing Labor Day 2004 and so far has lost over 120 pounds. And I looked at every picture in the studio, and I even went through a bunch of old Roll Call threads to watch people's progressions.

Here I am, 6.5 months into the program (minus a couple of weeks off for vacation and such), and now I know to trust the program.

I'm looking at my journal. Week 6 was a 3.5 pound loss, Week 7 was a 4 pound loss; Week 8 was 3.5, Week 9 was 3.0. I would never have made it to that point if I hadn't hung on and sweated it out through those two weeks with almost no loss (believe me! You can go back and read some of my posts at the time in my first "Musings and Thoughts" thread).

Stay with it. Your reward WILL come, I promise. It probably won't be on tomorrow's weigh in, and it might not even be next Sunday's, but if it isn't, it sure will be the week after that. You might go over to the Elevator and read my post on Plateaus. I sat at 20-bloody-1 for something like 12 days before the scale finally took me into ONEderland. The only difference for me at that time was by then I had learned to trust the program.

Good luck to you. You CAN do this. It DOES work; I promise.
Last edited by 24KaratGold on July 23rd, 2005, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 23rd, 2005, 10:45 pm

Oh, and did I say TRUST THE PROGRAM? That means eat all of your meals. You will NOT lose weight if you eat too little. Your body will think it is literally starving, and will fight to hold on to every calorie at that point.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » July 24th, 2005, 6:49 am

Dogma - from your mouth to their ears !!!!
24K - thanks you have been an inspiration - REALLY- I have read your plateau posts and actually some from the beginning - also went back and read Tumbleweeds as she just crossed the threshold I am seeking most. Very helpful. I am eating ALL my MF grub - I swear- and I will work on the trust thing. I needed this kick in the pants :D So easy to crawl (read run ) to the poor me club. Here is to an awesome week for everyone ! Slurp Slurp Slurp, Mytime.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby LilMsTexas » July 24th, 2005, 8:41 am

Same week........same scenario.......for me it was .6 :? It happens every month for me..........but then the next two weeks are wonderful. Sweetie unless you plan to get pregnant this is going to happen every month most likely. You lost 22lbs in your first month and I lost 12 in the first month!! Wanna talk about having to learn to trust the program???? You are right there where soooooooooo many of us were in the beginning.

Now you get out your HAPPY SHOES and DO THE HAPPY DANCE for your accomplishments young lady!! We are women let's not forget and our bodies have specific challenges. Be thankful you aren't trying to lose weight with sleep apnea or diabetes. We all have our "little problems" but what we also have is our BIG SOLUTION...........MEDIFAST!!

Have an awesome week sweetie.........next week will be better!

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 24th, 2005, 1:53 pm

MYTIME MY BUDDY---

You are doing this and you will keep losing.. you must trust-trust-trust :mrgreen: I think you are doing great..over 20# lost in 1 month is great.. some lose faster that others and some get to the plateaus faster than others but we all know they are coming around the bend.. your's just happened a little faster.. and with TOM here it makes perfect sense to me.. You are such an inspiration to me to come here and let us know what is going on with you and the program.. I talk alot about my mom but not really about these everyday things like you do..I admire all of you for this.. To look SEE'S in the face and not give in and eat a 2# box is totally amazing to me.. don't know if I could or not(haven't faced the candy monster yet :D ) you did though and lived to talk about it--now's that's progress :mrgreen: :mrgreen: -- keep your chin up and after Tom leaves lets talk about your great lost.. I have complete faith in you-- you are 110% compliant and that means it will happen for you--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » July 24th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Christi and Martha - THANK YOU !!! I spent all day at the race track with lots of Kettle Corn and Funnel Cake etc. We were right next to the concessions for 6 hours - YIKES. Brought my RTG and a bar. Came home and ate my chicken and green beans - none of this possible without the posts and support of each of you. I will plan for my TOM and who knows in 3 months I will probably just take it in stride. See's candy and all. No no no Christi love the babies lots but we are DONE. Not that this did not cross my mind as I know weight loss and low carbs makes for a larger family if one is not VERY CAUTIOUS. I should know that is what it took for us to be twice blessed :D. Feeling much better today - but boy the psychological hurddles are the toughest. Thanks again MF buddies !!! Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby dlr2424 » July 24th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Mytime..... :hug: .....trust.... :angel: ....and "Let Go and Let God"..... :hmmm: ....our job is to be compliant..........even getting in all the supplements..... :yes: ....be at peace to know you have done your job..........then TRUST.........because the rewards will follow....... :huh: .......sometimes not as quickly as we would like...... :scratch: ....but looking back over time.........those stumbling blocks can make us stronger and in our own individual time we all reach goal if we stick it out...... :yay: .......each day celebrate every challenge conquered.... :bouncie: ...big or small..............and always ask for strength as this journey ....like many ....comes with many emotions ............keep the faith

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » July 25th, 2005, 10:01 pm

Again - many thanks to everyone. This is why I come here day after day. It just does not get better than you ! Thanks for the boost. Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2005, 8:10 am

mytime...

Your names says it all: it's YOUR time now.

Medifast works.

:hmmm: Sometimes we get greedy during the losing process.

This is a mental game as well as a physical game. Medifast helps with the physical aspect - BTW, you must never skip packets - this is not your ordinary DIEt program. Remember, DIEts don't work. Take Shape For Life has done the math and Medifast has done the science.

Trust this to work for you, for your time.

As your bod is ready to release its flabber, it will.

Since you have kids, you understand how you cannot force them to do things they are not yet ready to do.

Physiologically a newborn is not capable to walk; infants don’t speak in complete sentences, etc.

:shock: We cannot go from being obese to having a healthy BMI in four weeks time.

It took us time to get overweight; it takes :x time to get it off.
:felix:

:secret: Sure wish I could wiggle my nose like Samantha and have it all drop off of us all!

:hi5: Good things come to those who slurp daily…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » July 27th, 2005, 9:06 pm

You must be wiggling b/c I am happy to report that my body is back with the program. Thanks Nancy ! Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Return to The Weight Room