First Week Weight in ....BOO!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

First Week Weight in ....BOO!

Postby 2BTHINNER » September 28th, 2008, 9:46 am

I have just completed my first week on Medifast, and have just weighed myself. I am so dissapointed to see that I only lost three pounds on my first week! :x Usually people lose alot more on the first week.

Some of you may say that three pounds lost in the first week is not too bad, but I usually lose at least four pounds on a regular 1200 calorie a day diet - and even more on the Atkins.
Sorry to be negative, but after only eating 800 calories a day, and sticking to the diet completely, I thought I would lose a lot more~ :oops:

The good thing was that I felt healthy, and did not feel hungry - I also thought the food was okay too.

I would especially love to hear from people that started the diet weighing approximately 155 pounds, and to find out how much they lost .. as thats how much I weigh,

Thank you so much all! :)
2BTHINNER

Postby DogMa » September 28th, 2008, 11:39 am

Did you have more to lose on previous diets? How much you have to lose will have a lot to do with how much you lose when you start. Also, if you weren't having many carbs beforehand, you won't have as much water weight to lose.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby pazinhim » September 28th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Well, you know someone was going to say it and you were right: A 3 lb loss is WONDERFUL!!! Just think, only 2 more lbs and you've got yourself a sack of potatoes! Think of that as fat and you realize that 3 lbs is actually a good loss!

I also lost weight off of Atkins. Not alot, maybe 10 all in all but I did lose some. The majority of my weight loss comes from a low calorie, low fat, low to no carb diet.

I've been on Medifast for 1 month now and altough I've "only" lost 5 lbs, I can tell you I feel so much better than I EVER did on Atkins. Plus, it's great to be able to consistantly lose while having some variety of food. Foods such as pudding, oatmeal, and chocolate bars are unheard of on the Atkins diet as you know.

I completly understand, though. Just hang in there! I had my doubts about this plan since I went from eating under 20 carbs to over 80. But, it does work.
pazinhim

Postby Mike » September 29th, 2008, 9:36 am

There are so many factors that can affect loss its amazing. First, were you trying to lose weight before you started the Medifast program? If so, the water weight you would typically lose the first week isn't going to be there. Also, if you have less to lose, you won't lose as much at first. Someone who has say, 80 lbs to lose versus someone trying to lose 20 is going to see a different amount lost at first.
Another factor is your activity rate. You mentioned 800 calories... most folks have between 900 and 1100 on this program, so maybe you need to have an additional something to keep your body from feeling starved.
Another factor could be water intake. Make sure you are drinking plenty of pure water (64 oz minimum).
There are more possibilities, but just remember, 3 lbs is right in the average.

Keep at it.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 2BTHINNER » September 29th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Well it looks good after all. This morning I weighed myself and it showed a weight loss of six pounds - thats 6 pounds in eight days! :roflmao: Its crazy that there was a weight difference of three pounds between Sunday and today - especially seeing that I ate exactly the same thing both days. With a bit of luck the downward trend will continue....

Thanks for your comments and encouragement...
2BTHINNER

Postby Gwenski » November 19th, 2008, 8:58 pm

2BTHINNER,

Don't fret. Not to sound corny or anything but stay the course and stay on plan. Make sure you are getting everything in a day and not going too long without eating.

There was much experience, insight and wisdom in everyone's posts. He is a little of mine too.

From reading your post, I am going to assume you are a woman and well, as the wonder and mysterious creatures we woman are, our bodies can actually flux up to 10 lbs a day. Crazy!!!!

So have no fear, it will come of. You worry about what you are doing and don't let the scale rule this process for you. There are other ways to measure your sucess on this journey - how your clothes fit, how you feel, how you look......make this more about what the scale says and you will get more than you ever thought possible.

Hang in there, you are doing great!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » November 21st, 2008, 3:23 pm

Hey, Gwen, this was a couple of months ago. If she hasn't posted since, I'm guessing she's long gone.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby nickieluv » November 21st, 2008, 4:23 pm

Isn't that sad that people come and go so quickly? Some of you may wish I would leave but you hear about my good and my bad times. :lol: Hope to see you back, 2B!!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.