first week

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

first week

Postby Lulu » April 18th, 2004, 2:37 pm

I'm waiting, but I haven't gotten hungry yet. Today is my 6th day on pure shakes (with a cup or two of boullion thrown in here and there). I felt really tired for a couple of days and then vavoom! I feel great. I read the entries on this site and really dreaded the first few days, but it just never happened! So all of you who are thinking of doing this program, it doesn't have to be hard for everyone in the beginning!
I cook big meals for my husband and never even sneak a taste!
Is there another time during this program that it may hit me (hunger)? Or do people just get tired of not tasting food?
One other thing...and I know it sounds impossible, but on my scale I've lost 12 pounds! I realize that some of it is water and some is just cleaning out my system, but WOW! No matter what it is, I'M not carrying it around anymore!
Yahoo! :D :o :roll:
Lulu
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » April 18th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Excellent, Lulu! Way to go, girl!

I was like you on my first fast. Nothing bothered me from day one. I went 5 months with nothing but shakes, sailing through Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it was the easiest diet regime I had ever been on in my life. This time, it took three whole weeks to get to that level, but, that's OK, I am beyond the 'hard' part now--thank God!

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't know of a point this far down the road for you where it is going to be hard at all. You should be good to go right up to your goal. And don't you stop until you get there! After you reach goal, reintroduce solid food back into your diet S L O W L Y. It's rather 'scarey' at first because you think eating for the first time will send you on a binge, but it won't. I remember I lost an additional 12 lbs after I started eating again.

There was a guy during my first fast that lost 19 lbs during the first week, but I think I've read on this forum of a couple of guys that topped even that amount. Everyone is different, though.

Congratulations on your progress. I'm absolutely delighted for you!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 19th, 2004, 7:25 am

Way to go LULU!

You are off to a roaring start. I have unforntunately restarted this program more times than I care to recount, but this time I don't seem to be having any food issues at all. I am on day 3 and it has only been shakes for me, and like you I am feeling great.

I hope you have the same great success for the rest of your journey. Welcome to the group also.

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » April 23rd, 2004, 5:01 pm

WELCOME!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!

Believe me when I tell you that you are in the right place!!!

I am always on this board – however, I am an Innkeeper and the primary Innkeepers are on vacation so I am holding down the fort while they are gone --- loving it …but running the whole business. Staff, books, baking, greeting, advertising, booking, etc, etc.

I can’t imagine doing what I am doing before I started Medifast --- look at my numbers and you will know what I mean --- this program works and I’ll tell you that this forum is the BEST!!!!! I MISS EVERYONE --- but by the first of May I’ll have my usual time to devote to reading and posting --- can’t wait!!!

Come here often and keep reading and posting and shaking and slurping and drink – drink- drink the water!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Maggie » April 23rd, 2004, 8:17 pm

Hello Lulu.....and welcome. Sounds like you are doing great. No the scale is not lying. Someone mentioned a couple of the guys had lost a lot of weight the first week but I did too. I lost 15 lbs. the first week, then 5 lb. then another 5lbs and 4 lbs. for a total of 29 lbs. the first month. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm sure a lot of my first week was water loss but, hey, it's gone and it didn't come back. Water is heavy, too. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching for your posts. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » April 23rd, 2004, 8:26 pm

welcome Lulu,
glad you joined us all.susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » April 25th, 2004, 3:44 pm

WooHoo, Lu Lu!!

Yeah! 12 pounds are outta here. Don't let that water weight thingy discount your loss. About half of the first week's weight loss is good ol' H2O but the rest of it was PURE UNWANTED UNWELCOME NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN FLAB!

Whee! You are now entering the downward spiral. We'll have to put weights around your ankles to keep you from floating away!
Last edited by Nancy on April 26th, 2004, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hi LuLu

Postby Leigh » April 26th, 2004, 8:51 pm

Hey there,

What an awesome weight loss in your first week. WOOHOO! :cleader:

I cook for my little girl every night, and on the weekends. There are a few days when it has been a little difficult, but I haven't cheated. I just make sure I have something to drink or sip on while cooking. My daughter really cheers me on and encourages me. She likes to put her arms around my waist and say, "You feel much skinnier." (cute) :D

My first couple of weeks on the shakes seemed to fly by for me. I have a calendar that I use to mark off the days, and that's fun. I had one really bad day in the last four weeks though, and it was because I had PMS. :x The best day I had was the first time someone at work noticed I was losing weight. There have been up and down days for me, but my life was always like that. I just don't pig out now when a bad day comes along. :bib:

Congrats again Lu...you're doing great!

Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.