My first week

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My first week

Postby Mama2 » September 27th, 2004, 10:17 pm

Hi everyone. I've never chatted before. Hope I am being courteous. I've been Medifasting for 5 days and have not cheated once. I can't believe I have only lost 1 pound! How can that be? I am full-fasting and I am constantly in the bathroom becuase I drink so much water...I'm really discouraged already. My husband and I are doing this together and in 5 days, he's lost 12 pounds! What's up with this? How can I stop eating and stay the same weight??? I need to see results soon or I will want to quit. Any pep talks out there? Am I doing something wrong? Any advice?Thanks everyone!
Mama2

Postby looznit » September 28th, 2004, 5:29 am

Hello and welcome. I'm also a newbie, just a month. First of all, men lose weight quicker. My mom is also doing this with me. For the month I've lost 14lbs. and she has only lost 6, like you has not cheated. Don't give up, have you noticed clothing being a little more comfortable and are you measuring to watch for inches lost?

Good luck and keep on shakin'!

Stacey
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » September 28th, 2004, 6:46 am

Mama2.. Stacey is correct; Men lose at such an alarmingly different pace than women do. You cannot compare your loss to your hubby’s, or you’re setting yourself up for sure death. Every one’s metabolism is different, some lose rapidly, some slower. Advice is, give it a chance, it will work I promise. (100+ pound testimony here) You are full fasting, consuming about 500 calories or less a day, you HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT. There is no way you cannot. Sometimes the body does interesting things by keeping/hoarding the weight but, be faithful and you will lose. Good for you having your hubby as a support mechanism.

Be patient, it will work.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby fedup » September 28th, 2004, 7:16 am

I'm also brand new, in fact this is only daya 2 for me! Like everyone said, men and women's bodies are wired differently, so don't let that get to you. (A guy-friend of mine can drop 20# at the drop of a hat just by cutting back for a few weeks- makes me sick with envy but that's just him!) What matters is comparing YOUR body to YOUR body, seeing progress in how you feel, how your clothes fit, etc, not just the scale. I'm guilty of "scale worship" too, but isn't how you feel and look more important than the #? And the # will drop, like Mike said, it's impossible for it not to, just hang in.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 28th, 2004, 10:49 am

Welcome Mama2! :wave:

I can imagine you're discouraged! This involves MAJOR SACRIFICES that you've definitely made, and you've also been so good drinking probably MORE than 64oz of water!

You've also gotten your body into that furnace mode for burning fat so you don't want to give up now. It's tough getting it into that stage, and you don't want to go through that initial start up again. :no:

My advice is to stay off the scale until the end of the month. I know people like to see the progress, but it can be discouraging as you're experiencing when you're body does, like Mike said, strange things like maintaining your weight as best it can. I hit a plateau for 2 weeks! Then in 4 days I lost 8 pounds! :shock:

:cleader: Don't give up Mama2. :cleader:
You've gotten so much accomplished in 5 days. Congratulations on staying so true and not cheating. :yeah: Keep it up, and it will come off. How much do you have to lose BTW? We're all behind you! When it gets tough, just come here and vent. And yes, you're very polite and it's nice to have you here! :wavie:

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Wow- thanks!

Postby Mama2 » September 28th, 2004, 12:01 pm

Wow everybody! Thanks for the replies!!!! I know I'm doing everything correctly so I'll just wait to see the scale results. I don't know if I can restrain for a month...but guess what? I went to (grudgingly) put on a pair of pants that last week totrured me because they were too small. I actually took them off because I knew I'd be too uncomfortable. Today...NO PROBLEM!!!! I can wear these all day! So maybe I am losing and the scale is just not showing it yet....It's so great to have this support!!! I feel much better this morning. BTW- I have about 90 lbs. to lose-unfathomable right now- but that's the goal! I feel so energetic and the hunger is pretty much gone now!!! Thanks again for the support!
Mama2
Mama2

Postby explorthis » September 28th, 2004, 1:13 pm

Hey, Mama, could I suggest you register on the board as a member?

Click here and it will take you right to the registration screen, fast, free and easy...

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register

This way you can attach a signature with your name and your stat's so we can see and help you along.

Additionally as you lose weight, we move you up in the "loss club's" in 10 pound increments. This way you can look forward to the "90 club" which is attainable. We are here to help.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Registering

Postby Mama2 » October 1st, 2004, 5:39 am

Hi Mike. I'm having a little difficulty with the registering. I registered that first night and with that registration, it wouldn't let me submit my messages, so I made up Mama2 and submitted my message that way. So I tried to register Mama2 right now and it syas "that e-mail address is already taken." Well, of course it is- by me! I don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Mama2

Postby looznit » October 1st, 2004, 5:45 am

Are you remembering to log in each time, before reading messages & trying to reply...That's what I did too.

Hope your week went well!
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » October 1st, 2004, 7:04 am

Mama, I looked and there is no user for Mama or Mama2. We might have to wait till Tim get's back. Though I have all the administrator functions, I need to be cautious, and not screw anything up.

Give it another try, and see if you can use Mama, or Mama2, neither user exists under these names

Also, like loozinit says, if there is a slight chance you might post a message, or reply, always log in (at the bottom of the forum) soon as you bring up the page.

-Mike
explorthis

Return to Come on in.